Used 2008 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Beach blast
By clamscasino

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had a ford f-150 for 11 years ,time for a big change,bought an 08 armada. This thing is a beast so much fun to drive around in. I drive it on the beach all summer and never been stuck or had a problem. As far as roomy, I put down the back 2 rows throw my dog in the back and it's like a one bedroom apt back their. As far as mpg sure beats the pick up truck.

Favorite Features

The best part about it is customizing it. I tinted the front window, I lifted the truck 3 inches , beefier tires( put a set of nitto tires on it.) black fuel rims ,cold air intake system for even more horse power, and a flowmaster exhaust system to give it a nice rumble

One of the best purchases I've made!
By gs451

2008 Nissan Armada SE FFV 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Two years ago, I had been off of a my Lexus GX lease and wanted something bigger. I was interested in the new However, I just happened to stop by the Nissan dealer to look at the Pathfinder and fell in love with the Armada. It has everything that is needed in a vehicle of its caliber. The rear parking sonar is standard on the Armada while toptional on other large SUV's (should be standard on every large car for safety reasons). But it's been a true gem to drive and very reliable. Lease is about to end soon so I am looking into getting another Armada.I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. Poor gas mileage, but it is reliable, safe and has good resale value later.

Favorite Features

REAR PARKING SENSORS! They are a god send...all big cars should have these standard they have saved me a lot of money as I am quite the clutzy driver and have a tendency to hit things, but with this car, not a scratch! I also love the On-board computer and the interior layout of the car, it is very spacious and allows for much space for kids to put their things in. I would also say the rear climate control is also very on par with the Lexus I had prior to this. My base model (SE) is such a value and I love everything about the car.

Suggested Improvements

Try to improve gas mileage! I know its a big vehicle, but still it would be nice if they made more efforts to do so. I know its a longshot, but an Armada electric SUV would be nice kinda like the Volt? Other than that, this car is a value for the money and I think its packed with all the bells and whistles one could ever need for a family hauler!

Love my 08 want a 2010
By RECHELLE

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 08 armada, went from a 06 Toyota 4-runner to the armada for more room, 3rd row seating, & better ride. Discovered that it drove a lot better by 100%. We had no children at the time of purchase but had 3 dogs. Great family vehicle for evacuations from Louisiana & vacations, dogs love it. Didn't buy extended warranty at time of purchase because wasn't sure if I'd be satisfied & keep it past 3 years/36,000 mile warranty. Now after 2 years & 4 months & over 31,000 miles with now 4 dogs & 1st baby on the way any day now I'm ready for a 2010 with extended warranty this time. We looked at the Yukon & Tahoe but the seats don't fold down into the floor to make the back completely even.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the backup camera, rear entertainment system, & the adjustable pedal. Never to close to steering wheel great now that I'm pregnant.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage could improve but it's worth it because of the space & comfort it brings for being as big as it is. I would also like the back to be extended like a Suburban or Yukon XL just for the extra room behind 3rd row seats for luggage or grocery shopping.

Brawler
By Edward

2008 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

A full size SUV brawler, it rivals the competition I've owned a Chevy Tahoe, GMC Denali, Ford expedition Eddie Bauer 4Wd and they were all great vehicles but towing and room Nissan is the best. This truck is so plush and good looking, and gets a lot of looks. I feel very comfortable taking my family any where in this vehicle. It's to bad there going to stop making it, 2010 is last year of truck. Better make down to your nearest Nissan dealer and pick up one. Love the 9.3 gig HD stereo system.

Favorite Features

Nav Bluetooth and Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

suspension feel in steering wheel.

If Only...
By Audrey

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have huge mixed feelings about the Nissan product. I love the styling and the power, but there is no doubt about it, my Armada is a piece of crap. It must have been built on a Friday when everyone wanted to go home. Within the 1st year of ownership, the brakes squealed horrendously, the radiator had to be replaced because it was cracked, the rearview mirrors would not adjust upward, the transmission would shift roughly, the steering would shake while braking, and the list goes on. It took 6 trips to the dealership to finally convince them the radiator needed replaced. Now, there is a loud rattle when accelerating, the car needs a front- end alignment, and I'm stuck because of the economy

Favorite Features

The styling and power. I love the liftgate and back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality construction.