Used 2006 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Armada reflects Nissons racing lines
By Gary Farmer

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have perhaps 200 motorcycle road races under my belt and this Armada is the most fun to drive SUV I ever could imagine. I live in the North Georgia mountains with numerous hairpins,15 mph curves with increasing and decreasing radius turns within uphills and downhills. I'm MOST satisfied and highly recommend the Armada.

Favorite Features

Suspension(handling,braking)- acceleration-plenty room for groceries,horse feed. I especially like the 9100lbs towing capacity which is needed for towing my multy horse trailer.

Suggested Improvements

More exterior and interior color choices.

big disappointment
By loyal nissan owner

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

traded my 02 suburban for 06 armada- big mistake-since 1st day armada vibrated @ 55 mph-"dealer fixed problem" then vibrates @ 80 mph dealer refuse to fix problem-"nothing wrong w/ car", so far had to replace window regulator X2-waiting for 2 more to be replace, had to fix air bag warning system @ 500 miles. going back to dealer to have a/c and front brakes service - (dual climate not working and not cooling during very warm days after 45 min of driving, and @ 7k mi front brakes making a lot o noise) Also car feels unstable on I-10 - wanders a lot even after 4 wheel alignment current cars-05 nissan altima, 78 nissan 280z, 90 nissan 300zx (2+2 & 2+0) previous car 79 280zx, 01 xterra, 90 sentra

Favorite Features

nice looking car and plenty of feature

Suggested Improvements

the new nissan should build cars like they did---performance and reliability combine into one car

Tow, Tow , Tow your boat.
By Alex

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Sold the 01 Ford F250 diesel (lots of problems). After comparing the others we bought the Armada. Nissan has the best tow and feature package in the market for the money. Towing a 6000 pound boat takes a little horsepower, and oh, does the Armada have the horsepower. I read about poor gas mileage in reviews, the Ford got 12mpg pulling the boat, the Armada gets 13mpg. Highway mileage is 20 at 70-75mph and city is 15, if you keep your foot out of it. It's comfortable, smooth, Lots of convenience features,a lot of bang for the buck. Air suspension and trans gauge is standard with tow package. Nissan has thought of just about everything, my wife LOVES her Armada, its our 5th Nissan product.

Favorite Features

The power train, the tow package, the power, the quality, the features and the comfort, and all that for a bit over $30,000. This thing tows like a train !!!!

Suggested Improvements

Wife says she would like a little more front passenger seat adjustment for leg room. Nissan , please dont make major changes to the Armada too soon, we love it the way it is.

Armada Mama
By Suezen

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have 5 kids and really need a large vehicle. I had a Montana for 6 years & really didn't want another minivan but I thought my options were limited to a Suburban or Expedition, neither of which excite me. We went to look at the Quest and decided that it was too small (I need 8 seats). The Armada was so cool! We test drove it overnight and fell in love. We went all out with the LE and leather seats (great for messy boys)! The gas mileage is okay because I do mostly highway driving. I figure that SUV owners are actually helping the gas situation..when the oil is finally gone, car manufacturers will have to implement the alternative fuel technology that you know they have!

Favorite Features

My favorite things are the power liftgate and the GPS! I found a chinese place today that I didn't know about! Yum!

Suggested Improvements

A hybrid would be interesting as long as it still had the towing capacity. I'd also like it if the middle and back seats could adjust back and forward instead of being stationary.

armada 2006
By JLNRMRA

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Is the perfect mix between elegance and sport. It's like the BMW; we all know it's built for performance but shines for its elegance. Down side... gas/miles but if you use synthetic oil and go easy at take off you'll get close to 300 miles/ tank which is not bad for the size of this engine (5.6L). The brake assist sistem is really awesome. I have two Seadoo GTX on a double trailer (1500 lb.) and you can't tell the difference.

Favorite Features

Sound system, Brake System, Power Lift Gate, ... everything

Suggested Improvements

Larger Sunroof, Two more speakers for the third row, be able to recline the back support of the split bench's center seat, and of corse improve efficiency.