Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Tank
By derejohn01

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Absolute Tank, Wife was rear ended 3 months after purchased. Armada 1 - Mini Van 0. Mini Van towed away and totaled, Armada, little fender damage. Gas mileage not as bad as you think and it has every comfort you could ever need.

Favorite Features

Remote rear gate, Navigation screen and captain chairs in middle row.

Suggested Improvements

front seats a little softer.

Best car ever purchased
By Henry Oliva

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a very good experience with this vehicle. I would recommend the Armada to anyone. It is fun to drive and everywhere I go I get complimented on my Armada. I am a big guy and the space is incredible, I have never been in an suv with so much leg and arm room. My father is now thinking of purchasing one of his own. He says it looks sleek and very luxurios. If you are in the market for a suv, I give the Armada 2 thumbs up.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the entire vehicle, My kids favorite part is the Dvd player. I like the comfort

Suggested Improvements

Make the Dvd function a little easier to use, its not hard but it took me a little while to get it right.

A stylish and tough tow vehicle
By Patrick McDaniel

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I needed a comfortable vehicle that could also pull my 30 ft, 7000 lb travel trailer. The Armada fulfills my every requirement. I added an aftermarket induction system and exhaust so have even more horsepower. I can tow easily at 70 mph and still achieve 13-15 mpg. The LE comes standard with transmission temp gauge and self-leveling suspension which works well for towing. I would have purchased the optional exterior trailer mirrors but I like the LE's power folding mirrors so well that I left them as is. The front rotors have been revised so front brake pad wear appears to be much improved over early models.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power, accelerates easily up to highway speeds (and beyond if one is not careful). Very comfortable and passenger friendly interior. Lots of storage bins, cubbies, etc. Dual zone AC works very well.

Suggested Improvements

A larger capacity (30 gal) fuel tank would be a good idea. The headlights are not as bright as I would like. An HID option would be the way to go.

great buy
By jerry

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far its been a super buy,no problems what so ever. The horsepower is awsome, lots of get up and go when you need it.The interior space is more than enough and lends to a very smooth and comfortable ride. Gas mileage is great for such a large suv, 300-400 miles per tank. We have driven 5000 miles so far and everything remains tight. It's a great buy

Favorite Features

power lift gate, easy fold second row seats, great room for 8 normal sized adults, dvd, bose system and much more...

Suggested Improvements

air condition controls are a bit awkward, controls on steering wheel need backlighting, needs second row reclining seats

Best SUV
By The Beast

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not an SUV person. I've always been a 2dr sports car man until I drove the 2006 Armada. It's the BOOM! It will blow away the average SUV and many other 2006 models without making the exhaust dual. (Duals are a waste of money and are very noisy. Be cool and pick up your babe in a nice and quiet Armada. If you need noise, go get a bike and clip on a few cards.

Favorite Features

Bose Digital system. Plays CD-R, CD- RW, MP3 and WMA.

Suggested Improvements

Increase HP to 400 or more. Larger rims (19 to 24in)and brakes. True dual exhaust like Mustang. Larger Subwoofer: (8 to 10in). Better tweeters and midrange speakers. More powerful amp (300 to 400W).