Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Love my Armada
By jrh

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved our Armada and had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically and it has fold down seats. There is plenty of room for our large family of 5. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

Lift gate. Fold flat seats. Bose 6 disc cd changer and radio.

Better gas mileage. Smoother ride.

Great Family SUV
By Dallas

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our Armada for traveling long distances and off-road. It’s been one of the best and most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. We travel from ATL to Denver about 3 times a year and from ATL to Houston TX about 2 times a year and I have had no problems, except for the radio went out at 18K miles. No problems to speak of since. Off-road this is a larger and it has never been stuck. I am one that wants to use the 4X4 aspect of this vehicle so do not think it has not been put to the test. The only thing I would change is the fact the paint gets scratched when rubbing against trees. All in all I think this vehicle suits our family needs to a tee.

As far as features. I like the build quality. It’s a tough truck. Towing is a snap with the tow package. Off-road is a dream. It’s like 4 wheeling from the comfort of the recliner. Third seat is nice for company in town due to having 2 children. Back up sensors are very nice to have.

I chose to put DVD screens in the head rests, which would be nice to have had from the factory. That's about it for cons.

Poor Design/Quality
By Tom

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with my Armada since I purchased it new back in July. The two front doors rattle and move around over even the slightest bump. The dealer/manufacturer states that this is a characteristic of their $40K plus flagship vehicle. I have had the vehicle in for service too many times for creaks and rattles only to have the problems return. Stay away from this vehicle, it's poorly designed and of very poor quality.

Comfortable Seats and Strong Engine

Fix Door Shimmy and overall manufacturing quality of vehicle. No way near the quality that Nissan used to represent.

best large SUV for the $$
By pc

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to buying this, I was actually pretty set on the '07 Yukon, however there were certain features on the Armada that won me over. 1. Interior space - this vehicle has more room in the driver's cockpit the the GMC. Also, 2nd row has a lot of legroom. 2. 3rd row seats - I can't understand why GM has not gone to a fold flat 3rd row - I just leave the seats down until needed. 3. Ride quality is great - independent rear suspension does make a nice difference. Also has excellent ground clearance. I am one of those people that actually needs and uses the 4 wheel drive on an SUV. While the LE comes with street tires, it does have excellent manners off road. Traction control works great.

Power - engine has a lot of torque. Backup camera - this came included on the vehicle I bought, and prior to using it, thought it a gimmicky feature - WRONG! It's is great for backing in to parking spaces or other tight areas. Fold flat 3rd row seat. Ability to have either XM or Sirius.

As some others have said, more plush seats - while they are not uncomfortable at all, they are firm - could use better leather. Option for 20" wheels. Get rid of the giant chrome grille/bumper - allow for matching color. Fuel management system like GMC - goes from 8 to 4 cylinders to save gas.

Okay
By Armada

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The performance is great for a vehicle that size. It has great pickup speed. There is something about the driver side chair that is not right just cannot explain what. the fuel economy is very poor and should be design better. It is fun to drive because it is big and somewhat easy to handle. Interior design is plain for the price I paid for, exterior is simply but good to look at if you had the right color. Built is okay cannot judge it right now. I believe this vehicle is very reliable.

This vehicle make other driver respect it on the road.

Improvement can be made in the sound system, fuel system , putting in the blue tube lights, rear back up video, and this should be done for every model.