2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
36000 mile ownership experience
By rmf on 01/18/09 03:32 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Interior room is excellent. Engine handles all loads, tows boat like it's not even there. Great comfort for trips. Design/functionality issues - seat belt retraction system barely works, constantly asking passengers to make sure belts/buckles are not slammed in doors. Steering wheel controls need lighting. Seat belt latch, front seats are way down between seat and console under armrests, difficult to buckle. Stereo is poor for a $38k vehicle! Quality issues - hatch window leaking, replaced. Power mirrors stopped working, replaced twice. Front seat came unstitched 6k mi., replaced. Front windows rattle, could not solve! Exhaust replaced 35k, rotted out. Air leaks front windows, new gaskets.

Love this suv
By rebecca on 02/09/08 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this suv. Love the rear camera which has saved me. We have had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically which helps a lot with new baby and groceries. Love the fact that the 3rd row seats fold down flat. There is so much room. Love the gear shift in the middle instead of on the steering wheel. Feel the my family is very safe with the curtain side airbags. Love the stereo/6dsic cd changer. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

Would Buy Another!
By Valley_Val on 01/31/08 18:56 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are very happy with our Armada and in fact are thinking of buying another when this lease is up. We also tested the Toyota Sequoia, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade at the time of purchase -- the Armada was best due to styling, comfort, interior/exterior amenities, and most important, the ease of changing the seat configuration! Car has performed great, gas mileage is not super but acceptable compared to other similar-sized SUVs, and I would (and do) recommend the car to others in the market for a larger SUV.

At last a reliable, big SUV
By Sauerbrey on 01/31/08 11:38 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great reliability. Owned Fords for years, but gave up on them due to customer service/reliablity issues. Couldn't be happier with my choice. This rig is bombproof, tows my trailer like it's not there, good off-road capability. It just works!!

Love my Armada
By jrh on 05/15/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved our Armada and had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically and it has fold down seats. There is plenty of room for our large family of 5. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

Great Family SUV
By Dallas on 05/12/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our Armada for traveling long distances and off-road. Itís been one of the best and most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. We travel from ATL to Denver about 3 times a year and from ATL to Houston TX about 2 times a year and I have had no problems, except for the radio went out at 18K miles. No problems to speak of since. Off-road this is a larger and it has never been stuck. I am one that wants to use the 4X4 aspect of this vehicle so do not think it has not been put to the test. The only thing I would change is the fact the paint gets scratched when rubbing against trees. All in all I think this vehicle suits our family needs to a tee.

Poor Design/Quality
By Tom on 01/31/07 09:09 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with my Armada since I purchased it new back in July. The two front doors rattle and move around over even the slightest bump. The dealer/manufacturer states that this is a characteristic of their $40K plus flagship vehicle. I have had the vehicle in for service too many times for creaks and rattles only to have the problems return. Stay away from this vehicle, it's poorly designed and of very poor quality.

best large SUV for the $$
By pc on 01/05/07 17:37 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to buying this, I was actually pretty set on the '07 Yukon, however there were certain features on the Armada that won me over. 1. Interior space - this vehicle has more room in the driver's cockpit the the GMC. Also, 2nd row has a lot of legroom. 2. 3rd row seats - I can't understand why GM has not gone to a fold flat 3rd row - I just leave the seats down until needed. 3. Ride quality is great - independent rear suspension does make a nice difference. Also has excellent ground clearance. I am one of those people that actually needs and uses the 4 wheel drive on an SUV. While the LE comes with street tires, it does have excellent manners off road. Traction control works great.

Okay
By Armada on 12/09/06 06:13 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The performance is great for a vehicle that size. It has great pickup speed. There is something about the driver side chair that is not right just cannot explain what. the fuel economy is very poor and should be design better. It is fun to drive because it is big and somewhat easy to handle. Interior design is plain for the price I paid for, exterior is simply but good to look at if you had the right color. Built is okay cannot judge it right now. I believe this vehicle is very reliable.

Very happy with my purchase
By harop on 11/03/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Two weeks ago I bought a used(6mo old) armada with 20K on a odometer. So far I am completely satisfied and enjoy driving it very much. It still smells new. Planning for some light off- roading, and will report back for off- road experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.