Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Exactly what I thought it would be!!!
By Nate54SoCal

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After test driving about every medium and large SUV on the market, we purchased an Armada. We bought this off a lease return for about 50% of the original MSRP with less than 20K miles. We needed something that was roomy, family friendly, and just in case we needed it, could tow anything from a car to a boat. We were not disappointed. House on wheels is right. You can fold down the seats, fill up the back with whatever you need and tow. This SUV does it all. When considering this or a midsize SUV, we weighed a higher priced midsize SUV w/better gas mileage against the Armada. In a cost comparison over 5 yrs, the Armada was cheaper even with the gas mileage and it tow more.

Absolutely love the roominess and power. We just purchased a boat and it towed it like it wasn't even there (it accelerated uphill with no problems). The DVD player is like heaven for kids and parents. I love the auto-dimming mirrors and auto-leveling tow feature. The wife likes the stadium seating.

As reviews say, the leather seats are not that comfortable for long hauls i.e. CA to LA, especially the passenger seat. The gas mileage isn't great, but if you're buying this, the trade-off is worth it.

Pros and cons
By Carter

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and room of this car. We have 22" rimes and tires makes for a rough ride but looks so good. Very roomy we fit 7 adults and infant seat comfortable with bags and a stroller. I wish the AC was better in the front it is terrible! Overall we love this car and would probably purchase another if the fuel was better.

Pros..lots of room, looks good, fast, love bacl up sensors.

Cons....AC is terrible in the front, seats squeak,lights should be in the steering wheel, gas mileage isn't good but what can you expect with an SUV.

The armada le rocks
By armaurerbaby

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love driving the armada...You'll be going 80 and have no idea! I feel safe and I always catch people looking at me in it. We have the LE version with many bells and whistles and they work great. We thankfully haven't been in the shop much at all. The brakes wear out too quickly even though they fixed the 2005 model issue..my husband says Im hard on the brakes. 1 thing major went wrong & it took 3 different shops to figure it out FUEL SENSOR was off & I kept running out of gas even though gauge said it wasn't empty, thankfully under warranty.

Liftgate, having a navigation system in teh car but the nav could be much better, dvd player, tons of storage and cup holders, chrome exterior, heated seats

touch screen nav or a better more responsive nav system, larger brakes, vibration/rattle that sets in likely because of cheaper plastic interior, light up steering wheel,heated second row seats, dual dvd's, upgrade on wheels..of course better fuel economy

No Regrets!
By Julie P

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy it so much that I probably will buy it again once it's time for a new car. It feels like a big workhorse to drive, but it is a big vehicle. Pulls boats like they are not even there. Fuel economy is not great, but comparable to other similar SUV's. Flawless dependability. I've had mine for 2-1/2 years without any maintenance issues... none.

No shortage of power and room. The rear seats can sit two adults and one kid comfortably which I find amazing. Great design, inside and out. The automatic rear gate is a huge convenience although I didn't think I'd use it.

Sound system could be improved along with the reliability of the CD player, it holds my CD's hostage occasionally. The tire pressure alarm light stays on while it's cold, and I live in northern Alberta so it's on the majority of the year!

Great truck overall
By intechnicolor

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Rides great, has plenty of power. I pulled a 60 Cadillac with this rig from TN to NJ, figure 7500 lbs with the trailer and she would cruise no problem doing 75 mph. Also, using your high beams and horn it's very easy to intimidate other drivers including 18 wheelers. Couple issues with quality control/reliability. Factory radio dies after the 50k warranty was up and was a $500 repair. In addition, the driver door weatherstrip and the trunk weatherstrip are falling apart and the vehicle is only 3 years old.

plenty of horsepower, truck has an aggressive unique look.

Better quality control on out sourced components. Stereo and weather stripping should not be falling apart during the first 3 years.