2006 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Best car I've owned Period
By garrettb on 09/25/12 00:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We just sold her, Annie was her name. The kids still ask after her. What a great car. Great power, huge interior, the kids don't even come close to kicking the back of your seat. We bought used with 50K miles and I sold this car with 90K on it and never put one nickel into it other than regular oil changes, oh yeah 1 battery and thats it. It always got 12 mpg unless on a real long trip. Got 16 once. I watched a friend with an Explorer- Junk and then a Tahoe, nice but not a good as this Nissan and not nearly as spacious.

Cruise ship
By gauner on 11/15/11 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is our family cruise ship. Camping with a trailer full of dirt bikes, up to the ski area in the most severe weather, or towing the fully loaded boat to Powell this suv does it all and yes we pass when we like. Our kids stopped complaining on long trips! I put gas in. I change the oil. I've changed windshield wipers and at 56000 mile its first set of tires. The worst thing is having to wash all that adventurous dirt off of it. It is a large suv and this does take a while. We ran her at 65mph to Cal and got 19mpg. We're Not in that big of a hurry once you're in the Cruise ship.

still love it!!!!!
By chunter4 on 08/01/11 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Armada in 2008 with 27000your miles on it. It now has 90000! I have driven it everyday since I got it and love it like I did the first day I got it. My husband hates cleaning the interior because of the texture. I have changed the brakes and rotors and thought the a.c. was bad because it wasn't blowing in the front.Come to find out it needed a cabin filter $26.00!! I live in CO and in ten years never drove in the snow until I got the Armada.Its amazing in the snow,ice,heavy rain,and cruises on a nice day.Captains chairs in the middle make it so nice for the kids. I would NEVER EVER trade this for any other vehicle.

Nissan's Corvair
By seejanerun on 07/23/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used without doing the proper research on this particular model. I basically went on Nissan's great reputation as time was not in my favor. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, so bad that I won't consider another Nissan in the future. I have had ABS failure which is common in the Armada but which Nissan refuses to recall - be sure to Google and you will find more info than you ever want! I have also had problems with the engine shutting off while driving down the road - also another widespread Armada problem. There have been tons of consumer complaints on this Armada and probably why 2010 is last production year as Nissan knows this product is crap!

Exactly what I thought it would be!!!
By Nate54SoCal on 02/10/10 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After test driving about every medium and large SUV on the market, we purchased an Armada. We bought this off a lease return for about 50% of the original MSRP with less than 20K miles. We needed something that was roomy, family friendly, and just in case we needed it, could tow anything from a car to a boat. We were not disappointed. House on wheels is right. You can fold down the seats, fill up the back with whatever you need and tow. This SUV does it all. When considering this or a midsize SUV, we weighed a higher priced midsize SUV w/better gas mileage against the Armada. In a cost comparison over 5 yrs, the Armada was cheaper even with the gas mileage and it tow more.

Pros and cons
By Carter on 08/19/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and room of this car. We have 22" rimes and tires makes for a rough ride but looks so good. Very roomy we fit 7 adults and infant seat comfortable with bags and a stroller. I wish the AC was better in the front it is terrible! Overall we love this car and would probably purchase another if the fuel was better.

The armada le rocks
By armaurerbaby on 05/11/09 17:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love driving the armada...You'll be going 80 and have no idea! I feel safe and I always catch people looking at me in it. We have the LE version with many bells and whistles and they work great. We thankfully haven't been in the shop much at all. The brakes wear out too quickly even though they fixed the 2005 model issue..my husband says Im hard on the brakes. 1 thing major went wrong & it took 3 different shops to figure it out FUEL SENSOR was off & I kept running out of gas even though gauge said it wasn't empty, thankfully under warranty.

No Regrets!
By Julie P on 03/08/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy it so much that I probably will buy it again once it's time for a new car. It feels like a big workhorse to drive, but it is a big vehicle. Pulls boats like they are not even there. Fuel economy is not great, but comparable to other similar SUV's. Flawless dependability. I've had mine for 2-1/2 years without any maintenance issues... none.

Great truck overall
By intechnicolor on 03/02/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Rides great, has plenty of power. I pulled a 60 Cadillac with this rig from TN to NJ, figure 7500 lbs with the trailer and she would cruise no problem doing 75 mph. Also, using your high beams and horn it's very easy to intimidate other drivers including 18 wheelers. Couple issues with quality control/reliability. Factory radio dies after the 50k warranty was up and was a $500 repair. In addition, the driver door weatherstrip and the trunk weatherstrip are falling apart and the vehicle is only 3 years old.

36000 mile ownership experience
By rmf on 01/18/09 03:32 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Interior room is excellent. Engine handles all loads, tows boat like it's not even there. Great comfort for trips. Design/functionality issues - seat belt retraction system barely works, constantly asking passengers to make sure belts/buckles are not slammed in doors. Steering wheel controls need lighting. Seat belt latch, front seats are way down between seat and console under armrests, difficult to buckle. Stereo is poor for a $38k vehicle! Quality issues - hatch window leaking, replaced. Power mirrors stopped working, replaced twice. Front seat came unstitched 6k mi., replaced. Front windows rattle, could not solve! Exhaust replaced 35k, rotted out. Air leaks front windows, new gaskets.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.