2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Best car I've owned Period
By garrettb on 09/25/12 00:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We just sold her, Annie was her name. The kids still ask after her. What a great car. Great power, huge interior, the kids don't even come close to kicking the back of your seat. We bought used with 50K miles and I sold this car with 90K on it and never put one nickel into it other than regular oil changes, oh yeah 1 battery and thats it. It always got 12 mpg unless on a real long trip. Got 16 once. I watched a friend with an Explorer- Junk and then a Tahoe, nice but not a good as this Nissan and not nearly as spacious.

Nissan's Corvair
By seejanerun on 07/23/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used without doing the proper research on this particular model. I basically went on Nissan's great reputation as time was not in my favor. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, so bad that I won't consider another Nissan in the future. I have had ABS failure which is common in the Armada but which Nissan refuses to recall - be sure to Google and you will find more info than you ever want! I have also had problems with the engine shutting off while driving down the road - also another widespread Armada problem. There have been tons of consumer complaints on this Armada and probably why 2010 is last production year as Nissan knows this product is crap!

Exactly what I thought it would be!!!
By Nate54SoCal on 02/10/10 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After test driving about every medium and large SUV on the market, we purchased an Armada. We bought this off a lease return for about 50% of the original MSRP with less than 20K miles. We needed something that was roomy, family friendly, and just in case we needed it, could tow anything from a car to a boat. We were not disappointed. House on wheels is right. You can fold down the seats, fill up the back with whatever you need and tow. This SUV does it all. When considering this or a midsize SUV, we weighed a higher priced midsize SUV w/better gas mileage against the Armada. In a cost comparison over 5 yrs, the Armada was cheaper even with the gas mileage and it tow more.

Pros and cons
By Carter on 08/19/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and room of this car. We have 22" rimes and tires makes for a rough ride but looks so good. Very roomy we fit 7 adults and infant seat comfortable with bags and a stroller. I wish the AC was better in the front it is terrible! Overall we love this car and would probably purchase another if the fuel was better.

Love this suv
By rebecca on 02/09/08 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this suv. Love the rear camera which has saved me. We have had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically which helps a lot with new baby and groceries. Love the fact that the 3rd row seats fold down flat. There is so much room. Love the gear shift in the middle instead of on the steering wheel. Feel the my family is very safe with the curtain side airbags. Love the stereo/6dsic cd changer. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

Love my Armada
By jrh on 05/15/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved our Armada and had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically and it has fold down seats. There is plenty of room for our large family of 5. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

Love It
By Going Places on 10/28/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful ride, could not imagine driving anything else. Will continue to look for nissan products in the future.

Best SUV for the money
By Max on 10/10/06 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

You cannot buy a better truck for the money. Any competition is at least 15k more and really not worth it. Enormous power, fantastic room, great comfort, stereo, & luxury. I traded a Grand cherokee & gas mileage is about the same, except that now I have a 3rd row, over 100+ more horses, and much more room. Don't throw your money away on any other SUV. The hardest part of driving this beast is keeping it under the legal speed limit. I've had it for almost a year and everyone that has an Armada that I bump into, loves it. You will too. The rear sonar parking system is nice, dual climate control, power liftgate and mirrors are a nice touch. Overall I am very happy with it.

A stylish and tough tow vehicle
By Patrick McDaniel on 09/14/06 05:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I needed a comfortable vehicle that could also pull my 30 ft, 7000 lb travel trailer. The Armada fulfills my every requirement. I added an aftermarket induction system and exhaust so have even more horsepower. I can tow easily at 70 mph and still achieve 13-15 mpg. The LE comes standard with transmission temp gauge and self-leveling suspension which works well for towing. I would have purchased the optional exterior trailer mirrors but I like the LE's power folding mirrors so well that I left them as is. The front rotors have been revised so front brake pad wear appears to be much improved over early models.

Armada-my first big unit.
By Raul on 07/04/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After driving my Odyssey for many years....I bought my first SUV, and so far has been I am very satisfied with it. I research through everyone's comments on the car, and selected LE fully loaded, NAV, DVD the works. So far, all systems are working as it was designed. Pro-excellent exterior and interior design. My kids loves the DVD, while I can listen to my music. NAV - love it with all of its functionality. Cons- MPG, but its expected for a big SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.