Used 2006 Nissan Armada LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Best car I've owned Period
By garrettb

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We just sold her, Annie was her name. The kids still ask after her. What a great car. Great power, huge interior, the kids don't even come close to kicking the back of your seat. We bought used with 50K miles and I sold this car with 90K on it and never put one nickel into it other than regular oil changes, oh yeah 1 battery and thats it. It always got 12 mpg unless on a real long trip. Got 16 once. I watched a friend with an Explorer- Junk and then a Tahoe, nice but not a good as this Nissan and not nearly as spacious.

Just a great set-up room to spare. Towing is awesome. Towed an 8000 lb trailer 900 miles recently and it didn't miss a beat... foot on the floor a lot of the time too.

More comfey front seats please.. (a little hard for long trips)

Nissan's Corvair
By seejanerun

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used without doing the proper research on this particular model. I basically went on Nissan's great reputation as time was not in my favor. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, so bad that I won't consider another Nissan in the future. I have had ABS failure which is common in the Armada but which Nissan refuses to recall - be sure to Google and you will find more info than you ever want! I have also had problems with the engine shutting off while driving down the road - also another widespread Armada problem. There have been tons of consumer complaints on this Armada and probably why 2010 is last production year as Nissan knows this product is crap!

Exactly what I thought it would be!!!
By Nate54SoCal

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After test driving about every medium and large SUV on the market, we purchased an Armada. We bought this off a lease return for about 50% of the original MSRP with less than 20K miles. We needed something that was roomy, family friendly, and just in case we needed it, could tow anything from a car to a boat. We were not disappointed. House on wheels is right. You can fold down the seats, fill up the back with whatever you need and tow. This SUV does it all. When considering this or a midsize SUV, we weighed a higher priced midsize SUV w/better gas mileage against the Armada. In a cost comparison over 5 yrs, the Armada was cheaper even with the gas mileage and it tow more.

Absolutely love the roominess and power. We just purchased a boat and it towed it like it wasn't even there (it accelerated uphill with no problems). The DVD player is like heaven for kids and parents. I love the auto-dimming mirrors and auto-leveling tow feature. The wife likes the stadium seating.

As reviews say, the leather seats are not that comfortable for long hauls i.e. CA to LA, especially the passenger seat. The gas mileage isn't great, but if you're buying this, the trade-off is worth it.

Pros and cons
By Carter

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and room of this car. We have 22" rimes and tires makes for a rough ride but looks so good. Very roomy we fit 7 adults and infant seat comfortable with bags and a stroller. I wish the AC was better in the front it is terrible! Overall we love this car and would probably purchase another if the fuel was better.

Pros..lots of room, looks good, fast, love bacl up sensors.

Cons....AC is terrible in the front, seats squeak,lights should be in the steering wheel, gas mileage isn't good but what can you expect with an SUV.

Love this suv
By rebecca

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this suv. Love the rear camera which has saved me. We have had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically which helps a lot with new baby and groceries. Love the fact that the 3rd row seats fold down flat. There is so much room. Love the gear shift in the middle instead of on the steering wheel. Feel the my family is very safe with the curtain side airbags. Love the stereo/6dsic cd changer. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

lift gate, 3rd row seat fold down flat, very roomy