Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Get ready to shell out huge $$$ for repairs
By vfabrici

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have owned the truck since new, it now has about 220k miles. Im going to give the truck overall an f, The amount spent on repairs is really high, specifically for things that should have lasted the life of the truck. 2) at less than 60k miles the exhaust manifolds warped. This was an obscene $3600 repair. 3) Factory radio/cd player died in less than 3 years, a $800 repair. 4) Radiator had to be replaced at less than 100k miles, almost $1000. 5) Dealer screwed the car up and ruined the fuel pump while doing factory warranty work on the gas gauge. They then refused to acknowledge they caused the problem. Truck went in running fine, came out limping home, could barely go

Favorite Features

COMPLAINTS continued. 20 mph. $1200 This happened at 190k miles. 6) Wire in automatic trans got loose, truck wouldnot start. $600!!!!! again at about 200k miles. 7) Ac repairs are now $1700 and still does not work right. 8) Truck, cause it weighs 3 tons eats tires and brakes like french fries. You will not get 40k miles out of a set of brakes or tires. Front pads have been replaced at least 6 times. She is on her fifth set of tires. 9) factory gps system died after about 5 years, i never had it fixed. 10) the dealer service areas are incompetent and dishonest. They charge obscene rates and if they cause a problem they will not take ownership.

Suggested Improvements

IN summary: Including oil changes and everything repairs were about $13k for 220k miles. This was way too high. 11) if u go over the mileage on a lease they will make u pay for every extra mile, even if u want to go into a new leas Btw, it's no surprise that nothing breaks during the lease period. It all happens after 50k miles Brakes and tires people expect. BUT 9K in one time repairs? The exhaust manifolds alone were $3600. I would have given the truck a passing grade if the one time repairs were $3500 or less, not $9000 dollars. Nissan use to mean quality and reliability. For $57k in 2006 dollars, one would expect a truck to last 200k+ miles with a minimum of repairs.

Best car I've owned Period
By garrettb

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We just sold her, Annie was her name. The kids still ask after her. What a great car. Great power, huge interior, the kids don't even come close to kicking the back of your seat. We bought used with 50K miles and I sold this car with 90K on it and never put one nickel into it other than regular oil changes, oh yeah 1 battery and thats it. It always got 12 mpg unless on a real long trip. Got 16 once. I watched a friend with an Explorer- Junk and then a Tahoe, nice but not a good as this Nissan and not nearly as spacious.

Favorite Features

Just a great set-up room to spare. Towing is awesome. Towed an 8000 lb trailer 900 miles recently and it didn't miss a beat... foot on the floor a lot of the time too.

Suggested Improvements

More comfey front seats please.. (a little hard for long trips)

Cruise ship
By gauner

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is our family cruise ship. Camping with a trailer full of dirt bikes, up to the ski area in the most severe weather, or towing the fully loaded boat to Powell this suv does it all and yes we pass when we like. Our kids stopped complaining on long trips! I put gas in. I change the oil. I've changed windshield wipers and at 56000 mile its first set of tires. The worst thing is having to wash all that adventurous dirt off of it. It is a large suv and this does take a while. We ran her at 65mph to Cal and got 19mpg. We're Not in that big of a hurry once you're in the Cruise ship.

Favorite Features

Awsome power-train. This is a great driving vehicle. I like the fact that the kids can put head phones on watch a movie or listen to their own radio station while my wife and I listen to our station. the traction control works so well you will find yourself driving way to fast in bad weather. Ice what Ice! Ya and the commercials are true when it comes to towing your boat.

Suggested Improvements

Things I don't like. the large divider between the windshield and the front windows but you do get used to it. I don't like where the front seats pivot, they move 1000 ways but that means it takes 999 to find the way I want it and I would like the arm rests to be higher

still love it!!!!!
By chunter4

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Armada in 2008 with 27000your miles on it. It now has 90000! I have driven it everyday since I got it and love it like I did the first day I got it. My husband hates cleaning the interior because of the texture. I have changed the brakes and rotors and thought the a.c. was bad because it wasn't blowing in the front.Come to find out it needed a cabin filter $26.00!! I live in CO and in ten years never drove in the snow until I got the Armada.Its amazing in the snow,ice,heavy rain,and cruises on a nice day.Captains chairs in the middle make it so nice for the kids. I would NEVER EVER trade this for any other vehicle.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Ok one bad thing.....the dvd flips down and blocks the rear view mirror while traveling.

Nissan's Corvair
By seejanerun

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used without doing the proper research on this particular model. I basically went on Nissan's great reputation as time was not in my favor. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, so bad that I won't consider another Nissan in the future. I have had ABS failure which is common in the Armada but which Nissan refuses to recall - be sure to Google and you will find more info than you ever want! I have also had problems with the engine shutting off while driving down the road - also another widespread Armada problem. There have been tons of consumer complaints on this Armada and probably why 2010 is last production year as Nissan knows this product is crap!