2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: Overall, a very nice SUV

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Review

Overall, a very nice SUV
By Steamthief on

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was hesitant to buy a 2004 due to problems mentioned on edmunds, and I'm glad I waited. The 2005 is indeed a very nice truck. Gobs of power; merging onto the freeway is a breeze. Interior cabin is very quiet, surprisingly so at freeway speeds. Lots of interior room; front seats (leather) are firm and supportive, middle bench has lots of legroom, and the kids prefer sitting in the third row, so I assume it's pretty comfy back there as well! Bose stereo sounds great. One concern is the underpowered brakes; steering wheel started shuddering after about 3k miles, mostly city driving. Dealer serviced brakes at no charge, all is well again. Overall, I love this truck & have NO regrets.

Favorite Features

Exterior style - I think it looks mean, my wife thinks it's "cute." Powerful engine - this SUV is fast! Interior space - a lot. Bose system sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the brakes! Quick wear of brake pads makes alloy wheels grimy just days after a car wash. Backlights for steering wheel stereo controls. Scuff resistant plastics for interior.