2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: Excellent vehicle!

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Review

Excellent vehicle!
By IIIJFULLER on

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I now have 3265 miles on it. It's fun to drive and handles quite well for a vehicle of this size. Gas mileage is 13.7 city and 17.9 hwy. I'm using 87 octane fuel and have no problems with this grade. The pick-up is great and it seems connected to the pavement when taking turns at speed. Handled very well in snow and automatic 4x4 drive. I use automatic 4x4 on wet roads and it tracks well. I'm a big person (360 lbs) and fit well in the driver's seat. The leather seat is quite comfortable but a tight fit with the arm rest down. The headlight and wiper controls are too close to the steering wheel and should be relocated. I constantly hit them when I do not want.

The back-up camera with sound system is an excellent, and highly worthwhile feature. Also the 4x4 indicator is eazy to see and use. The automatic tailgate lifter is great--well thought out feature.

Definitely improve and relocate both the headlight switch and the wiper switch which can easily be bumped by a hand on the steering wheel while driving. I'd also have the "I agree" statement on the nav. screen be able to be turned off. I do not want to see it every time I start the vehicle.