Used 2005 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Armada SUV

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Like Flying First-Class
By Maryland Bob

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The design of the Armada sets it apart from all it's competition. Moving away from the boxy sameness that the American automakers have had for the past 10 years, the Armada stands as a refreshing design with great road "presence." The comfort of driving is excellent with a very generous interior, superb quiet at highway speeds, excellent acceleration, and a tow capability of almost 10,000 lbs. Many creature comforts are included and the interior has the feel of a first-class seat on a 767, including excellent rear leg room. The gas mileage is typical for a large, heavy vehicle but a small price to pay for the many advantages a vehicle this size gives for hauling cargo and passengers.

Favorite Features

Excellent power and acceleration. Very quiet interior at highway speeds. Smooth ride. Generous interior dimensions for all passengers. Take charge appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Larger beefier front brakes.

Made in America and it shows
By DL

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has more rattles than Baby Superstore!! I've had mine in the shop for various noises 6 times in 6 months and I'm trying to work in the 7th. It's the worst built car I've owned in the last 5 years (including a Mercury Sable). I'm actually thinking of taking the hit and trading it in for a Honda. I've owned a Maxima and G35Coupe and both were excellent. The quality of this one is disappointing. The gas mileage is on the low end of the EPA estimates so be prepared to shell out the cash. It is fun to drive, has plenty of storage and comfortable seats 8.

Favorite Features

Fun and easy to drive (with the stereo cranked up to hide the noises)

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see future models with a split back seat for more flexibility.

Bigger & Better
By Jim Stark

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After driving a very reliable 2001 Ford Expedition for 89,000 miles it was hard to make the change but then I drove a Nissan Armada. It handled so much better and had so much more power it was fun to drive. It looks bigger but handles like a smaller SUV. It gets better gas mileage and is no harder to park than the Expedition. Hopefully its resale value will also exceed my expectations.

Great BIG SUV
By mich42

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We really like this Armada LE 4WD so far the only problem was the rear hatch sensor would only allow the door to close about 50 % of the time. It took three visits and a free rental car before they discovered the problem. We really enjoy the Bose 265 watt 10 speaker sound system. This SUV rides very nice and quiet I might add. Yes it uses a lot more gas than my Mercury Grand Margue did. We don't have the Nav package but that is fine. Lots of people stop and gaze at it. The 4 captains chairs and two consoles are nice along with the rear A/C controls. The roof mounted air bags are a good feature. The electronic stability (VDS) is a great feature also.

Favorite Features

We love the comfort of the 8 and 6 way pasenger seats and the Bose sound system & the electric sunroof

Suggested Improvements

At this point I can't think of any improvements we have only driven it about 800 miles.

the one to watch
By chris s

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

excellent! handles great rides smooth lots of room and most important that vdc makes it all worth it not too high off the ground which makes it even more diffecult to flip .we all just love it.

Favorite Features

vdc controols

Suggested Improvements

seats could be a little bit softer