2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
armada
By andrew on 04/10/05 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

once we got into an car accident and the armada saved me and my family. and nothing even happoned to the armada. only a little scratch

Love our Armada
By Adam on 04/10/05 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The car is comfortable and fun to drive. The safety features are wonderful. I feel very safe driving my family in it. The gas mileage is terrible, but the car itself makes up. Hopefully the gas prices will come down SOON. Love it.

Better brakes
By big and bad on 04/09/05 00:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a nice machine;however, the brakes seem to be flawed...The veh shakes and shimmers when slowing down...Memory seat would be nice

Armada Is Great!
By bouncykell on 04/08/05 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Nissan Armada is wonderful! It Drives great, looks great, has the best technology package available in large SUV. The best navigation system and user friendly! We get compliments on how great it is everywhere we go! I am glad I didn't get the over priced H2 or Escalade

Brakes
By fishman on 04/06/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great performance , nice styling , but the brakes are terrible....i have 1800 miles on my Armada and now I have to have dealer cut rotors because of real bad wheel shimmy when braking. Nissan has a kit to fix problem ,but wont do it until the rotors can't be cut anymore. i figure evory 1800 -2000 miles they have to cut rotors...fix it the first time with the kit and get done with it....otherwise the vehicle is fine..lot of truck for too small of brake set-up..

Big Honkin Truck!
By ChrisL on 04/05/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my Jeep Liberty for an Armada. Needed more room for the dogs and everyday errands. I can't believe how easy this thing is to park/drive. The reverse camera, excellent stereo, incredible power---all more the reason to enjoy. Mileage is a little scary, but who cares as long as you are comfortable.

Big Honkin Truck!
By ChrisL on 04/05/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Armada
By mbrochujr on 03/29/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Reliability is far below the GM trucks. I have 5,000 miles on mine and it's going in the shop for the 7th time. The Armada was a nice concept but a poor finished product. I do not recomend it and mine, as I have now filed for Lemon Law protection. Look at the over 6 pages of service bullitons from Nissian.

The Nissan I've Been Waiting For
By Steve on 03/29/05 09:10 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2002 Tahoe 5.3L. What a difference! Not only is the fit and finish far superior, the Armada is also roomier, faster and more powerful. I love blowing by those weak SUVs on the uphill grades of California's freeways as they struggle to make the grade! I realize the unfortunate trade off is gas mileage. This thing guzzle fuel like crazy. I'm guessing that Nissan will release the hybrid version in 2008, one model year after the Tahoe '07 hybrid. I'll give'em a year to work out the bugs and come back for my 2009 Armada hybrid.

Its an experience worth having
By D Page on 03/26/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned 2 Mark VII Lincolns and 4 Eddie Bauer Expeditions but the Armada has them all beat. Tried GM, Toyota- bought the Nissan. Quality and fit of materials, comfort for us- we're big people-, quality of the ride, acceleration and the comfort of our passengers all adds up to an experience worth owning. There is no finer automobile of this type or in this price range that comes close. Backing up is easier with the rear camera. Never get lost again with the GPS system that talks you through the streets right to the doorstep of your destination. Even a gated 5 speed shifter and tow mode. Satisfied? Yes! Try the Sirius on-board radio! Forget Range Rover and Cadillacs... Go Nissan!