2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Excellent vehicle!
By IIIJFULLER on 06/16/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I now have 3265 miles on it. It's fun to drive and handles quite well for a vehicle of this size. Gas mileage is 13.7 city and 17.9 hwy. I'm using 87 octane fuel and have no problems with this grade. The pick-up is great and it seems connected to the pavement when taking turns at speed. Handled very well in snow and automatic 4x4 drive. I use automatic 4x4 on wet roads and it tracks well. I'm a big person (360 lbs) and fit well in the driver's seat. The leather seat is quite comfortable but a tight fit with the arm rest down. The headlight and wiper controls are too close to the steering wheel and should be relocated. I constantly hit them when I do not want.

Nothin' but Trouble
By Miller on 06/13/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Only have 29,000 miles and have taken it in 5 times to have the brakes REPLACED due to brake failure. Company didn't put strong enough breaks on such a large vehicle (doesn't sound too safe, huh?). I know 3 others who've had the same problem. I contacted the company for lemon-coverage, but they claimed they put on the final fix and therefore wouldn't replace or refund. Nice car to drive, but wish I'd chosen something else -- new cars shouldn't be in the shop every other month!

family man
By doc on 06/11/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Tons of room, power, and excellent handling. I have 4 kids and have zero problems with loading and unloading. In addition, rode for 5 hours in a snowstorm without complaints from the kids, the wife, or problems with handling.

Great SUV with bad Brakes
By luey on 06/08/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Armada for 8 months now. the truck is great for our three kids and two dogs. The only draw back so far has been a constant problem we've had with our brakes. Apparently the truck is too heavy for the brakes. They only last about 4000 miles before the steering wheel vibrates. With that said Our Nissan dealer has fixed the problem usually the same day I call them. It takes about 4 hours, and there is a heavy duty brake and caliper set up that will be available soon?!?

Great SUV that is hard to beat.
By Bob Ciammaichella on 06/03/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first foreign car that I have purchased. To date I have not had one thing that I have had go wrong, and I have had nothing to take it to the dealers for after the purchase, I haven't been able to find a thing wrong with this car. It has more than enough power for all conditions and is loaded with featuers. I considered this the best car on the market for its price. This replaced a Grand Cherokee.

my tank!
By niki on 05/28/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

we, love it we went from a domestic midsize to the armada and it just feels so big! I have plenty of room for a carseet and and can still seat 5 more kids and my husband comfortably, thats important when hauling around a girls softball team and all their equipment, the trunk has plenty of room for it all, there is no complaing because someone is touching me, or my legs are cramped. everyone has their own space. the dvd player makes for a quiet ride when it is on.

Front rotar problems
By TWM on 05/27/05 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, but I am waiting for a kit to repair the problem with the front end rotars. I have had the car in three times in four months to have the rotars shaved. They are over heating and causing severe front end shaking. This is a problem in design, and Nissan is putting together a kit that they will install in late June. This has ruined the the joy of purchasing an otherwise great truck!

A Good Value
By Rigmaster on 05/27/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at all the makes. Sequoia was just too pricey and the domestics have too many recall and other issues. Infinti version not worth the extra money - expensive cladding. The Armada rides well so far. Especially like the price-value for this size SUV. Nissan dealers aren't very good though so be happy if you get a well- built vehicle that doesn't require their assistance. Anyone expecting great gas mileage in a 4x4 with this size and engine shouldn't have bought one in the first place. Compare this to others with similar features and this is a clear winner. Will do another update after some additional driving. Toyota should be worried that there's a new big SUV to take on the Sequoia.

great SUV
By barry jobe on 05/24/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

totally satisfied with power, comfort ,and performance. I just wish nissan built a 4 dr titan with an 8 ft bed. so, I could have a truck as good as my wife's SUV!

Armada AH YES!
By PJ on 05/23/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have not had my vehicle for very long, but I think it's awesome. The ride, comfort, looks, dependability. It is top of the line as far as I am concerned....no better anywhere. Two downsides that I am not happy with. 1. I have leather seats (love them) I sometimes slide on pressing the brake. 2. Fuel economy Poor.