Used 2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Awww!!!! Man!!! Another Mistake
By BJ

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot stress to you about how much my 05 Armada has been giving me problems. I have to take it to the dealer every couple of weeks to get something fixed. From the A/C to the automatic tailgate. The A/C wouldn't give out cold air. It takes about 15- 20 minutes for it to get going. The steering wheel vibrates when you go 55 mph or more. The DVD system would not play the DVDs. The front headlights got water stuck inside of them because they were not installed correctly. The CD player would not eject my CDs. I went to the grocery store and I had a whole bunch of foods for Thanksgiving and the tailgate would not open. You could not manually open it or even open it with the remote.

Exterior looks

Everything except the exterior looks

Wonderful Armada!!
By CherylinTexas

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Armada, LOVE IT! Fun to drive, easily tows my trailer, enough room for my extra tall husband and growing kids! I hope to have my 2007 soon. I drive the wheels of this SUV and it is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot!

towing capability, lots of room, good horsepower, great handling

I wish the Armada had the attention to detail on thier interiors that Nissan puts into their other models!

Flagship of the fleet
By Timmer

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Full size, luxury SUV with all the trimmings. Towing is a breeze with the 5.6 L powerhouse. Interior amenities cradle the passengers in traveling bliss. The Bose sound system is remarkable and the integration of electronics components is well thought out and leaves you saying,"Cool, Now why didn't someone think of that sooner?" Versatility of the interior space is excellent, storage pockets and cup holders for all occupants. Overall an outstanding vehicle, superb quality and craftsmanship. High marks for the design team. Makes driving a big, chunky vehicle fun, not too long to park and excellent turning radius. Looking forward to many happy years of driving this vehicle.

On board electronics displays (navigation system) and vehicle status (tire pressure, trip & maintenance reminders a plus. Large center console storage (deep). Running boards a plus along with handles to ease entry and exit of second row and third row passengers.

More fuel efficient engine or alternative fuel designs. Would love to see solar technology integrated into future vehicles.

Girly suv to manly suv
By LEIZ

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Husband was too tall for the Lexus RX300, so we traded it for the Armada. Took some time to get use to, but I am finally loving this BEAST. It's a big SUV that deserves a bow. It handles well and has a lot of power when I need it. Nav needs help, did send me to the wrong location. It carries all of my shopping with no problems, along w/ husband, toddler and dog in tow. I get compliments on this SUV everywhere I go. I feel safe, but I pay for the safety and the looks at the pump.. This beast is always hungry for more gas, what SUV isn't? Overall, I am very happy with our purchase. You get alot for what you pay on this SUV.

Back up camera (would not have bought it without it! I can't park for nothing pulling into a spot now, I have to back up into it), Automatic lift gate is wonderful.

To see what you control on the DVD thru NAV screen (helps a mom that's alone with toddler, but to only work when in park), split seats on 3rd row. add voice nav and improve it. (sent me to residential area for gas station)

I would buy this over and over
By Polo

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at large suvs' for over a year. Not for one second have I regretted purchasing my Armada. It's huge inside, the engine roars get out of my way, and the thing moves. If you know how to responsibly drive a large suv, you'll love this truck. My friends are amazed at how this thing handles. And I'm never short to offer rides. Let's face it, all large suvs' have paltry gas mileage. But, you gotta pay to play. I absolutely love this truck.

Nav, rear view camera, roominess, power, handling, interior comfort

Can't think of any