Used 2005 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Armada SUV

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Best $40K SUV on the Market!
By steve

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and speed are unbelievable. Interior is well-appointed. I owned a Tahoe and a Maxima, now I get the best of both in one vehicle. The way some exterior design cues are executed in the interior (like the center console) are superb. It's like driving a work of art. Definately a nice alternative to GM's sloppy fit and finish and Toyota's anemic engines! WAITING ON THE HYBRID!

Favorite Features

1.5L water bottle holders in the door are a nice touch... real men need real drink holders. Cool interior lighting. Power rear hatch. Great rear seat leg room. More than ample storage. Rear sonar. STILL WAITING ON THE HYBRID...

Suggested Improvements

Poor Bose sound system. CAUTION AROUND SCHOOLS: Large A-pillers create blind spots. The right one will hide small kids in crosswalk during right turns! Lastly, SHIFT_brake system. Too much brake dust on wheels. ..oh, did I mention I'm waiting on the hybrid!

Love my Army...
By Ayespye

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this beast for 2 months but it's perhaps the best ride I've ever owned. I got rid of my Volvo S80 in favor of the Armada...and the difference is astounding. The ride in my Armada is soooo much smoother, I was surprised. The room in the back seat is PHENOMENAL! The raw power at any speed over 15mph is a fun kick in the rear. I've had it over 90 a couple of times and have never noticed the before mentioned "shake" in the steering wheel. I'm not looking forward to replacing the tires when the day comes either.

Favorite Features

Power, room, ride, automatic low tire pressure alarm, ease of seating configuration changes, back up warning alarm, captains chairs. The way it cruises down the highway!

Suggested Improvements

Take off power, slide down rear window.

Love my Armada
By 92TripleBlack

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada. I have put it through the paces, carrying 9 adults, long road trips, boat launches, mild off road, etc. Never been anything but reliable & fast;faster than my friend's BMW, Acura MDX, & Hemi Jeep GC. In sum, best of the field. Compared it to Denali, Navigator, Escalade, H2, Expedition, LX 470 & Sequoia. Wouldn't trade for any listed even if you included $10K cash. First 3 have many problems including bad head gaskets, brake issues, etc. Ford/Lincoln is a dog for performance & not as comfortable. Like the Tundra vs. Titan/F150, Sequoia/LX470 are Mid-size, not full size SUVs. Slower, low tow ratings, old design, 15% smaller, & grouped w/Durango, Merc, Explorer & Jeep GC.

Favorite Features

Power, auto leveling rear suspension, power lift gate, 2nd row bench, lots of interior space, tow capacity, NAV.

Suggested Improvements

Two minor concerns: Brakes commonly wear prematurely & rear hubs need greasing. Both Nissan has addressed & can be repaired permanently for free at dealer. a/o 5/05, new brakes will be standard. Tire wells could be modified very slightly to allow larger tire combos without trimming.

Great SUV
By Mark

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After being convinced for years that I would buy a Tahoe, I ventured over to Nissan to test drive the Armada and I was very pleasantly surprised. The Armada was the only SUV to offer it all including fold-flat seats, relative comfort in the 3rd row, and dual-climate controls. It will become the ultimate road trip vehicle!

Favorite Features

Power lift gate, rear backup camera, extremely smooth transition, interior spaciousness, navigation system, better safety features to its competitors, bold exterior styling, throaty V-8 rumble,

Suggested Improvements

Optional DVD's screen could be larger, lumbar in driver's seat a little too high, seat heaters a little weak, large A and B posts give some blind spots in visibility (but no different than others in its class), split-bench for 3rd row,

Love it!!!!!
By Michelle Gilston

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Armada for over a year now and absolutely love the look, the drive, and the performance! I have had a problem with a touchy check tire light since the car's delivery, comes on when driving on interstate after about 50 miles. Also driver's window rattles when about 1/4 of the way down, but I just turn up the volume on the awesome sound system, and it goes away. The only other thing is that the letters on the radio and steering controls are already starting to scratch off and it's only been a year. I love my car - even the fill-up at the tank seems worth having a car that is safe, fun to drive, turns heads, holds my 2 kids/dogs/1 husband comfortably and is safe and reliable.