Used 2005 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Armada SUV

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Be Careful
By John

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has serious brake issues! I have an 2005 model and at 2000 miles of city driving, the wheel and pedal started to vibrate. Now with 3000 it is so bad it is embarassing to drive with friends. Nissan was just "turning" the rotors but now have developed a new brake kit however the dealers in my area are clueless when the will get the upgrade. Make sure you get an upgrade before you buy!!!!!!!!! P.S. nissan says this upgrade will work...only time will tell.

looks, towing capacity, engine power and sound, room

fix rattles on door and reliable brakes and better gas mileage

Overall, a very nice SUV
By Steamthief

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was hesitant to buy a 2004 due to problems mentioned on edmunds, and I'm glad I waited. The 2005 is indeed a very nice truck. Gobs of power; merging onto the freeway is a breeze. Interior cabin is very quiet, surprisingly so at freeway speeds. Lots of interior room; front seats (leather) are firm and supportive, middle bench has lots of legroom, and the kids prefer sitting in the third row, so I assume it's pretty comfy back there as well! Bose stereo sounds great. One concern is the underpowered brakes; steering wheel started shuddering after about 3k miles, mostly city driving. Dealer serviced brakes at no charge, all is well again. Overall, I love this truck & have NO regrets.

Exterior style - I think it looks mean, my wife thinks it's "cute." Powerful engine - this SUV is fast! Interior space - a lot. Bose system sounds great.

Beef up the brakes! Quick wear of brake pads makes alloy wheels grimy just days after a car wash. Backlights for steering wheel stereo controls. Scuff resistant plastics for interior.

Best $40K SUV on the Market!
By steve

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and speed are unbelievable. Interior is well-appointed. I owned a Tahoe and a Maxima, now I get the best of both in one vehicle. The way some exterior design cues are executed in the interior (like the center console) are superb. It's like driving a work of art. Definately a nice alternative to GM's sloppy fit and finish and Toyota's anemic engines! WAITING ON THE HYBRID!

1.5L water bottle holders in the door are a nice touch... real men need real drink holders. Cool interior lighting. Power rear hatch. Great rear seat leg room. More than ample storage. Rear sonar. STILL WAITING ON THE HYBRID...

Poor Bose sound system. CAUTION AROUND SCHOOLS: Large A-pillers create blind spots. The right one will hide small kids in crosswalk during right turns! Lastly, SHIFT_brake system. Too much brake dust on wheels. ..oh, did I mention I'm waiting on the hybrid!

Love my Army...
By Ayespye

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this beast for 2 months but it's perhaps the best ride I've ever owned. I got rid of my Volvo S80 in favor of the Armada...and the difference is astounding. The ride in my Armada is soooo much smoother, I was surprised. The room in the back seat is PHENOMENAL! The raw power at any speed over 15mph is a fun kick in the rear. I've had it over 90 a couple of times and have never noticed the before mentioned "shake" in the steering wheel. I'm not looking forward to replacing the tires when the day comes either.

Power, room, ride, automatic low tire pressure alarm, ease of seating configuration changes, back up warning alarm, captains chairs. The way it cruises down the highway!

Take off power, slide down rear window.

Love my Armada
By 92TripleBlack

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada. I have put it through the paces, carrying 9 adults, long road trips, boat launches, mild off road, etc. Never been anything but reliable & fast;faster than my friend's BMW, Acura MDX, & Hemi Jeep GC. In sum, best of the field. Compared it to Denali, Navigator, Escalade, H2, Expedition, LX 470 & Sequoia. Wouldn't trade for any listed even if you included $10K cash. First 3 have many problems including bad head gaskets, brake issues, etc. Ford/Lincoln is a dog for performance & not as comfortable. Like the Tundra vs. Titan/F150, Sequoia/LX470 are Mid-size, not full size SUVs. Slower, low tow ratings, old design, 15% smaller, & grouped w/Durango, Merc, Explorer & Jeep GC.

Power, auto leveling rear suspension, power lift gate, 2nd row bench, lots of interior space, tow capacity, NAV.

Two minor concerns: Brakes commonly wear prematurely & rear hubs need greasing. Both Nissan has addressed & can be repaired permanently for free at dealer. a/o 5/05, new brakes will be standard. Tire wells could be modified very slightly to allow larger tire combos without trimming.