Used 2005 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

my tank!
By niki

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

we, love it we went from a domestic midsize to the armada and it just feels so big! I have plenty of room for a carseet and and can still seat 5 more kids and my husband comfortably, thats important when hauling around a girls softball team and all their equipment, the trunk has plenty of room for it all, there is no complaing because someone is touching me, or my legs are cramped. everyone has their own space. the dvd player makes for a quiet ride when it is on.

i love my reverse sensors that let me know when i am getting to close to something when backing up that is a must w/ an suv this size

I would suggest front sensors as well when pulling into parking spaces it is difficlult to tell how much room you have left between u and the car in front of you

Front rotar problems
By TWM

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, but I am waiting for a kit to repair the problem with the front end rotars. I have had the car in three times in four months to have the rotars shaved. They are over heating and causing severe front end shaking. This is a problem in design, and Nissan is putting together a kit that they will install in late June. This has ruined the the joy of purchasing an otherwise great truck!

It looks great, and it is not one of the 100,000,000.00 Chev Tahoe or Saburbans on the road

Easier way of getting into and out of the third row seats when you use them.

A Good Value
By Rigmaster

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at all the makes. Sequoia was just too pricey and the domestics have too many recall and other issues. Infinti version not worth the extra money - expensive cladding. The Armada rides well so far. Especially like the price-value for this size SUV. Nissan dealers aren't very good though so be happy if you get a well- built vehicle that doesn't require their assistance. Anyone expecting great gas mileage in a 4x4 with this size and engine shouldn't have bought one in the first place. Compare this to others with similar features and this is a clear winner. Will do another update after some additional driving. Toyota should be worried that there's a new big SUV to take on the Sequoia.

Features for the money. Sirius, CD changer, DVD rear seat combo. Camera when in reverse is very useful.

None yet, but the brakes and tires are something to keep an eye on.

great SUV
By barry jobe

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

totally satisfied with power, comfort ,and performance. I just wish nissan built a 4 dr titan with an 8 ft bed. so, I could have a truck as good as my wife's SUV!

Bose stereo / 5.6 lt power house

correct wind noise around back passanger doors

Armada AH YES!
By PJ

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have not had my vehicle for very long, but I think it's awesome. The ride, comfort, looks, dependability. It is top of the line as far as I am concerned....no better anywhere. Two downsides that I am not happy with. 1. I have leather seats (love them) I sometimes slide on pressing the brake. 2. Fuel economy Poor.

Ease of parking. I don't know where the cumbersom parking rate comes from but, I am used to driving a sports car & I can whip in and park anywhere!!

Leather seats with a little more grip, less slick. Fuel Economy!