2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Love this SUV
By M Hoffman on 02/02/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Use in Dallas and Sedona AZ where we go off road on boulder laden dirt roads, ford streams and then go to dressy dinners. It is great in all environments. Had two Mercedes ML320's and this is far supperior. Hauls loads of stuff and eight adults in comfort.

Delightful experience
By IIIJFULLER on 02/02/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

A very tight, well-put-together large SUV with exceptional performance and neat features without getting to far out of sight on expenses. My Armada cost $48,350 and has many of the same features found on vehicles costing ten to twenty-thousand dollars more. I especially like the back-up camera and courtesy lights. Ride greats. Shifts into auto, 4hi-4lo very well. I plan to drive to AK and tow a trailer this summer- I'll give updates...stay tuned!

Grandma's Truck
By Nissan Owner on 02/01/05 12:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've purchased nissans since 1981, 1st large SUV. Love everything about it except the rattles & leather compared to other nissans I have own. The power it has compared to other SUVs is far superior.

Almost Got it Right
By Islander on 01/25/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Nissan Armada has tons of power and is fun to drive. The interior is very flexible. Every seat folds down. I have 21,000 miles on my Off Road 4x4 and have worked through a few issues. The brakes were fixed on the 3rd try after a service bulletin came out. The Bose stereo system does not sound like a $750 system. I still have rattle sounds in my dash and doors. Overall, I still like the truck and would recommend it though.

Move over for the Armada
By David on 01/24/05 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you see this monster in your rear- view mirror, pull over and let it by. The 305 hp engine in the Nissan Armada with its best in class torque means this SUV really moves. Its gas mileage is nothing to write home about, it gets only around 13 mpg city, but this is about the same as all others in it's class. This is the third largest SUV on the road after the Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Excursion. Its 9,800# towing capacity will pull the largest of boats, which is made even easier by the longer wheel base than a Chevrolet Tahoe or Ford Expedition. The interior is very nice. The updated interior that obviously got a lot of attention from Nissan. The cloth seats are really comfortable, so much so that you may just want to pass on the leather. This definitely is the vehicle for a family on the go.

Move over for the Armada
By David on 01/24/05 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you see this monster in your rear-view mirror, pull over and let it by. The 305 hp engine with best in class torque means my Nissan Armada really moves. It is nothing to write home about on gas mileage as it gets 13 mpg city, about the same as all others in it's class. It is the third largest SUV on the road after the Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Excursion. Its 9,800# towing capacity will pull the largest of boats, which is made even easier by the longer wheel base than a Chevrolet Tahoe or Ford Expedition. the inside is very nice, updated interior that obviously got a lot of attention from Nissan. The cloth seats are really comfortable, so much so that you may just want to pass on the leather. this is definitely the vehicle for a family on the go.

Worth it to me!
By sjo on 01/22/05 19:11 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I used this site for my research so felt I should leave a review. Was going to buy a 2004 Nissan Armada, but went for the 2005 model after reading the concerns about brake and rattle issues. I have a dealer friend who said the brakes have an added shim kit, and the console is new. This truck (SE 4WD) is for my wife, but I look forward to driving it on the weekend. I only have put 1,000 miles on it since picked it up on New Years Eve. The mileage so far is about 15 mpg, but the truck is not broken in yet. I went without the tow package and am glad since the gearing is slightly different. I drove trucks with both packages and at 80 w/o tow pkg you are at less than 2,000 rpm. With the other package you are at 2,300 rpm. This truck has more room than the Toyota 4Runner we traded in for it. I have owned Nissans in the past and have been happy.

Powerful road warrior
By porschekid74 on 01/15/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall my 2005 Nissan Armada has been a great vehicle so far. It has plenty of power, room, nice features, etc. This SE offroad is surprisingly quiet on the highway for its size. The only downfall is its gas mileage. After six months of ownership I have never gotten better than 15 mpg, but then again step on the gas pedal once and you'll see why.

awesome car
By Subin on 01/14/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my Nissan Armada. It is fun to drive. The V8 engine helps pull the armada 0 - 60 in less then 7.0 sec. It has so much power that your head jukes back everytime you give it gas. The motor has an amazing roar too it. It takes the snow like nothing. It is flawless.

Monster SUV
By Alberto on 01/12/05 05:03 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Trouble free for right now. Very impressive when towing, since it has rear air system with the tow package that absorb any trailer jumping. Driving carefully I get about 15 miles a gallon in the city and as much as 21 in the hwy driving with cruise control at 75. Remember that the Armada has a 5 speed transmission that will keep the vehicle RPM lower than 2000 at 70 miles a hour. So far I love my NISSAN ARMADA.