Used 2005 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Solidly built, yet handles like mini SUV
By ScottA

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Armada is a solidly built vehicle that handles very well on the road. The steering is very responsive and the acceleration at 305hp is incredible. The sleek styling is not boxy, attractively styled for a large SUV, and we receive compliments and questions about our vehicle often as it turns heads.

Power Liftgate. Automatic radio volume adjustment when driving. DVD Player with separate radio controls in the front so the parents can listen to something else.

After 5000 miles
By sjo

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I left a review back in Jan 05. Loved it then. Still like it, but after 3000 miiles the brakes make the front end shimmy as others have mentioned. I need to take it back to get it fixed and it is making me mad that this has happend. Milelage is about 15 mpg. Since day one the car vibrates at about 75mph. Had then balance the tires, and it comes an goes on the highway. Just want something to work right without problems for once.

Power & Space

Fix the brakes via recall. Dealers think we are driving the vehicle improperly and that is why the rotors are warping. Take note from the Ford F350 which I have that has solid brakes without this issue until about 60k miles.

Excellent vehicle!
By IIIJFULLER

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I now have 3265 miles on it. It's fun to drive and handles quite well for a vehicle of this size. Gas mileage is 13.7 city and 17.9 hwy. I'm using 87 octane fuel and have no problems with this grade. The pick-up is great and it seems connected to the pavement when taking turns at speed. Handled very well in snow and automatic 4x4 drive. I use automatic 4x4 on wet roads and it tracks well. I'm a big person (360 lbs) and fit well in the driver's seat. The leather seat is quite comfortable but a tight fit with the arm rest down. The headlight and wiper controls are too close to the steering wheel and should be relocated. I constantly hit them when I do not want.

The back-up camera with sound system is an excellent, and highly worthwhile feature. Also the 4x4 indicator is eazy to see and use. The automatic tailgate lifter is great--well thought out feature.

Definitely improve and relocate both the headlight switch and the wiper switch which can easily be bumped by a hand on the steering wheel while driving. I'd also have the "I agree" statement on the nav. screen be able to be turned off. I do not want to see it every time I start the vehicle.

Nothin' but Trouble
By Miller

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Only have 29,000 miles and have taken it in 5 times to have the brakes REPLACED due to brake failure. Company didn't put strong enough breaks on such a large vehicle (doesn't sound too safe, huh?). I know 3 others who've had the same problem. I contacted the company for lemon-coverage, but they claimed they put on the final fix and therefore wouldn't replace or refund. Nice car to drive, but wish I'd chosen something else -- new cars shouldn't be in the shop every other month!

Power, comfort, look, back motion- sensors are very nice

FIX THE BRAKES! Compensate those who have the pre-found-the-problem models. Needs front motion sensors -- it's impossible to see the front of the car.

family man
By doc

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Tons of room, power, and excellent handling. I have 4 kids and have zero problems with loading and unloading. In addition, rode for 5 hours in a snowstorm without complaints from the kids, the wife, or problems with handling.

power, power, power

leather for all three rows