Used 2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Excellent vehicle!
By IIIJFULLER

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I now have 3265 miles on it. It's fun to drive and handles quite well for a vehicle of this size. Gas mileage is 13.7 city and 17.9 hwy. I'm using 87 octane fuel and have no problems with this grade. The pick-up is great and it seems connected to the pavement when taking turns at speed. Handled very well in snow and automatic 4x4 drive. I use automatic 4x4 on wet roads and it tracks well. I'm a big person (360 lbs) and fit well in the driver's seat. The leather seat is quite comfortable but a tight fit with the arm rest down. The headlight and wiper controls are too close to the steering wheel and should be relocated. I constantly hit them when I do not want.

The back-up camera with sound system is an excellent, and highly worthwhile feature. Also the 4x4 indicator is eazy to see and use. The automatic tailgate lifter is great--well thought out feature.

Definitely improve and relocate both the headlight switch and the wiper switch which can easily be bumped by a hand on the steering wheel while driving. I'd also have the "I agree" statement on the nav. screen be able to be turned off. I do not want to see it every time I start the vehicle.

Nothin' but Trouble
By Miller

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Only have 29,000 miles and have taken it in 5 times to have the brakes REPLACED due to brake failure. Company didn't put strong enough breaks on such a large vehicle (doesn't sound too safe, huh?). I know 3 others who've had the same problem. I contacted the company for lemon-coverage, but they claimed they put on the final fix and therefore wouldn't replace or refund. Nice car to drive, but wish I'd chosen something else -- new cars shouldn't be in the shop every other month!

Power, comfort, look, back motion- sensors are very nice

FIX THE BRAKES! Compensate those who have the pre-found-the-problem models. Needs front motion sensors -- it's impossible to see the front of the car.

family man
By doc

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Tons of room, power, and excellent handling. I have 4 kids and have zero problems with loading and unloading. In addition, rode for 5 hours in a snowstorm without complaints from the kids, the wife, or problems with handling.

power, power, power

leather for all three rows

Great SUV with bad Brakes
By luey

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Armada for 8 months now. the truck is great for our three kids and two dogs. The only draw back so far has been a constant problem we've had with our brakes. Apparently the truck is too heavy for the brakes. They only last about 4000 miles before the steering wheel vibrates. With that said Our Nissan dealer has fixed the problem usually the same day I call them. It takes about 4 hours, and there is a heavy duty brake and caliper set up that will be available soon?!?

Fix My Brakes

Great SUV that is hard to beat.
By Bob Ciammaichella

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first foreign car that I have purchased. To date I have not had one thing that I have had go wrong, and I have had nothing to take it to the dealers for after the purchase, I haven't been able to find a thing wrong with this car. It has more than enough power for all conditions and is loaded with featuers. I considered this the best car on the market for its price. This replaced a Grand Cherokee.

I bought this because of its list of saftey features. Side curtain air bags, traction control, it is a vehical that has all of it.

They could upgrade the interior a little some wood trim would help. It looks rather generic.