2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Overall best value in full-size SUV
By Bleasdell on 02/23/05 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you simply price compare the full- sized SUVs out there, the Armada is a clear winner in virtually every respect. It is a huge winner in terms of performance and power. The only thing that Expedition or Suburban has over the Armada is room behind seat #3. Well, Nissan clearly decided that more room between each row of seats is more important than room for stuff. And I agree with this decision.

noisey sunroof
By kevin+carmen on 02/19/05 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This a fun ride with plenty of power performs very well in interstate trafic . The sunroof is anouther story, It sounds like you have a window cracked open. we took it back and had a wind deflector installed a the dealer an it helped a very little.If i was going to buy anouther Amarda LE 4+4. I would not get it with a sunroof.the climate control doesent seem to work right either, and the mirrors hav blind spots this could han been easly fixed at the plant, the trucks have the right mirrors.

ceiling pannel to noisy/unstable
By nth2004 on 02/18/05 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Its awesome to drive this new vehicle but it drives the whole family crazy of the noise from the ceiling pannel.Service Dept. tried to fix for many times/days for them to hold our truck to staighten the problem but made it worsth.Its a nightmare to be in the service allthe time.I feel like an employee or technician in this dealership till this time.

Armada muscle sport ute
By BART on 02/17/05 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Agressive muscle SUV with unusual good looking proportions from the norm. Handles and and dives just like a sedan. Can use wheel well flare trim to offset the large tire slpash and plain side panels front and rear. A lower front bumper grille detail to cover lower fan exposure would be nice. Visibility is good for size.

Wheel Shimmy Problem Ruins This SUV
By KD on 02/16/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

While this is a great SUV there is a major problem that ruins the drive. This truck has a wheel shimmy problem like nothing I have ever experienced before. It began a week after we bought it. The SUV has been in and out of the shop ever since. I have heard every excuse from the dealership as to what it is, how it was caused and how they have fixed the problem. Yet back into the shop it goes on Saturday for another "part" that was on "back order" to correct the problem. (Yeah right!) It shimmies going down hill (I live on a hill), it shimmies at speeds above 50 mph, and now it has worn out the left front tire (a huge Wrangler) while leaving the other tires untouched. What a shame.

excellent
By Rod Hill on 02/12/05 16:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When driving the Armada, heads are turning and just about everyone says that it is their dream car. The only weak point was the recall on the brake pads, otherwise the Armada is the best SUV on the road today.

Love my armada
By DANA on 02/07/05 12:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We love our new suv! We have took many trips in it since we bought it we have had it packed with people and luggage and had plenty of room. It is so comfortable just love the way it rides and drives. Me and my husband can't wait to drive it each time we go somewhere! It is so pretty! Thanks nissan

still in love
By jj on 02/05/05 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are still in love with this vehicle as if we just took it home. It is powerful,comfortable, and easy to load and unload and great head turning appeal. Love my rear sensors for parking/backing up as it is difficult to fully judge backing distance or objects low to the ground[especially if a child/animal walks behind you suddenly] Seems to accumulate a great deal of break dust so difficult to keep as clean as we'd like. great bang for the buck in our view!

Armada
By Hvy Dee on 02/03/05 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 03 expedition and it had numerous problems. I traded for the Beast about one year ago. I am very happy I did, the beast is fun to drive and pulls a 7800# boat much better. Over all I feel it is a better vehicle.

Great suv
By MANNY on 02/03/05 00:22 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Almost 10k miles this vehicle continues to impress me. I've owned several gme yukes & tahoe' the power handling are superior in every way. The ride is stiffer but i liken it to the comparison i made between my american cars and my 5 series beemers..You feel the road..For something this large it handles superbly. Creature comforts seating , hvac, bose are all above average and certainly up to the standards you would expect from a $40k+ suv. The engine and trans are flawless in 2' snow it was as good or better then my yukes. In full auto the engine has a short shift range but what power! As mentioned handling was superior as proven on a recent trip to nyc on the merit pky twisties++++fun+fun