Used 2005 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

LOVE my Armada, great family car!!
By Adrienne

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, this SUV has been GREAT. We bought it soon after we had our baby end of last year. There is so much room- leg room, storage space, trunk space (when you fold down 3rd row). I couldn't be happier except for one thing- the brakes have needed resurfacing twice so far, and are about due for another, and we've only had the car 8 months. I don't feel unsafe, but it is a pain having to bring it back to the dealership to have it worked on every few months. However, the positives definitely outweigh the negative. I didn't want a minivan, and this is the next best family type car. Also, my husband said if he was going to drive an SUV, that's what he would drive, b/c it's also very "manly".

Amount of room each row of seats has, the 3rd row seats, DVD player, heated seats, horsepower/pickup, feeling of safety being in such a big car, still drives a lot like a car.

The brakes!

Awesome SUV
By Shellie

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Look if you are worried about the price of gas don't even look at this suv. That is the only downfall I can find about this Fabulous Ride. Handles smooth, no noise, no rattles, feels sturdy and the best choice we have made in a purchase since learning how to drive 30 years ago. Been through 6 cars and suv's This is top of the line! I really wanted a TrailBlazer when we started our three months of research and shopping but the Amarda LE stole my heart. I think the $41200 was well spent. We have 25000 miles on this already and we have had it for 9 months. Nissan has found the problem with the rotors and are in the process of the recall and should be perfect after that.

Second row Captain's Chairs. Fold flat seats through out. Heated seats, roomy, flexible- can go from pratical to sexy. Auto lift gate. The Navigation system is nice but placement on dash hard to see on a sunny day. Perhaps should be lower on the dash? 3rd row great for kids, ok for petite adults

auto-lock doors once you hit 15mph. Dual temp control nice but hard to manage when driving. The driver and passenger seats feel like you are sliding into the dash, auto retractable side mirrors and the sound system could be better. Steering shakes now when breaking- recall will fix that.

Powerful..Safe...Roomy...Family fun ship
By BAILEY'S GANG

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been the owner of a ford expedition, jeep cherokees, hummer h2, and dodge durangos...And by far my nissan armada is the most overall family friendly suv i've owned while still making the driver excited about getting behind the wheel of this enormously powerful machine with unmatched unique styling.

Power ...Power...Power....And one of a kind styling. A true 7 passenger suv with 7 comfortable fullsize seats

Only improvements would be possible upgrading the leather interior quality and appointments

Solidly built, yet handles like mini SUV
By ScottA

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Armada is a solidly built vehicle that handles very well on the road. The steering is very responsive and the acceleration at 305hp is incredible. The sleek styling is not boxy, attractively styled for a large SUV, and we receive compliments and questions about our vehicle often as it turns heads.

Power Liftgate. Automatic radio volume adjustment when driving. DVD Player with separate radio controls in the front so the parents can listen to something else.

After 5000 miles
By sjo

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I left a review back in Jan 05. Loved it then. Still like it, but after 3000 miiles the brakes make the front end shimmy as others have mentioned. I need to take it back to get it fixed and it is making me mad that this has happend. Milelage is about 15 mpg. Since day one the car vibrates at about 75mph. Had then balance the tires, and it comes an goes on the highway. Just want something to work right without problems for once.

Power & Space

Fix the brakes via recall. Dealers think we are driving the vehicle improperly and that is why the rotors are warping. Take note from the Ford F350 which I have that has solid brakes without this issue until about 60k miles.