2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Nissan Armada LE 4X4
By Fish on 03/10/05 15:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far this has been an outstanding vehicle. My wife and I chose it to replace our Ford Expedition and have not been disappointed. The only thing you have to realize is that performance (7.0 sec. 0-60 mph acceleration and a 9,000 lb. towing capacity with the 4X4) comes at a price, in this case fuel economy. Do not expect to actually achieve greater than 11-12 in town. Haven't sone an extended trip on the highway so I can't comment on the highway fuel economy, but realize this is one of the few full-size SUVs built that offers a five-speed automatic vs. the standard four.

LEMON
By Matt Smith on 03/09/05 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Within 400 miles my Armada was back at the dealers. First to have the oil pump changed (be aware that Nissans arrogant business model means that they don't have spares available yet and you will have a long wait), and there it remained when they discovered that they needed to replace the whole engine. It's now been in the garage for 30 days. I will never drive this car again. It is a LEMON.

awesome ride
By puttzz on 03/08/05 22:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this vehicle is a great family suv,it has lots of room for the kids an my tall husband.its very comfortable to drive.it has great get up an go. the armada is a great looking vehicle inside an out. its one of the most comfortable vehicles i have ever owned.

Lovin' Every Minute of it
By Matthew P. on 03/07/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Armada LE for about 2 months now and have nothing at all negative to say about it. I am completely satisfied and reassured that the vehicle will be as great five years from now as it is currently.

Needs Improvement!
By Vandy on 03/07/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Nissan to own and maybe my last. The 04' Armada has quality issues, starting with the brakes. I have had my brakes worked on twice and heading in for a third. It begins with a vibration in your steering while braking. Took it to the dealership at approximately 8K, they shaved the brake rotars, then again at 11K the rotors were completed replaced as well as adding a stronger torque bar for stabilization. Now I have no idea what they will do and I am at 15K and concerned my warranty will run out before the problem is resolved. It is a pain to pay $33,000 for a new vehicle and have to have it in the shop this much. Nissan needs to do a recall and take care of the consumer.

Love it but hate the brakes!
By jmg0123 on 03/03/05 14:45 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada but I have to have my brakes and rotors replaced every 3000 miles. I'm now waiting for yet another repair kit to come out. My dvd console broke off the ceiling and after 2 repairs to stop it from rattling, the rattle is worse!

Better than I thought it could be
By Djtallmo on 03/02/05 07:45 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a used Armada last month and have been impressed by the solidness of the vehicle thus far. In my 8500 miles of driving the vehicle, there have been no problems except for a wear mark on the drivers armrest. Navigation, homelink, DVD, transmission and engine have functioned seamlessly. The blindspots are not as large as I thought with the help of the side mirrors possioned properly. I am 6'-10" and fit quite well comparred to the Toyota and Ford equalls. No regrets in purchasing the Armada and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

target audience
By NEW DAD on 02/28/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased an Armada, my son was born 3 months back and it was time to buy a minivan!No way, so test drove the Armada, had instant attraction to the styling, the power and the cool interior. The honeymoon however was short lived. The truck seats 7 (I have captain's seats) but once the third row is up, there is very little cargo room,so either you take your friends or their luggage. The truck doesnot have a split third row, so it's either seating for 4 or 7. i went to get a cargo (ski) box, neither thule nor yakima make a box that will fit the armada, the crossbars are too far apart! The center roof console willnot fit any dvd system other then the factory installed system.

Power and Style all in one
By troy on 02/28/05 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Compared to my 03 Expedition the Armada is a far superior SUV. The interior is on par with others in its class. The interior is quiet at 80+ even with 22" wheels, the seats are comfortable and the fit and finish is very good. Kids love the DVD and theater seating. The Armadas trump card is its performance. This is FUN to drive. The acceleration is way above the competion. Steering feel is tight and suspension is perfect for its size. The 5 speed automatic always picks the right gear and should be great for towing. The rear camera available with nav system is perfect for tight areas, kids, and hooking up the trailer. Styling is bold and aggressive. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this SUV.

Power and Style all in one
By Troy on 02/24/05 20:24 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am coming from an 03 Expedition and I am very impressed. After discounts it was $12,000 cheaper than a comparable equiped Q56. I test drove all the competition and NOTHING comes close to the performance of the Armada. The exterior styling is bold and aggressive. Interior in the LE is well laid out. I have not had any problems that plagued the 04 models. Sound system is good for a factory system but the navigation system could use a touch screen. Kids love the rear DVD and theater seating. The ride is very smooth and controlled even with 22" wheels, no shake in the steering wheel as others have indicated. The interior is quiet at any speed. Again, love the power this thing has.