Used 2005 Nissan Armada LE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Update from my July 2007 review. We bought this in 12/2005. Now has 90,000 miles, and it still drives great. Wife doesn't want anything else. Still very solid, drives great, and no significant problems. We can afford a new one, but there is no need yet. Still load it down for vacations with 6 people and luggage carrier. Driven through blizzards, pulled trailers, and it's still wife's daily driver. Great truck! She will want a new one eventually, and I will probably keep this one for a work/ranch truck.

Long term reliability. Still drives like new. Lots of room. Large and safe. Smooth and powerful. Excellent drive line. Smooth tranny. Just drives great.

Yes, there are some interior rattles, but I can't tell if its the truck or all the kids electronics and wife's junk laying around. No other complaints at all.

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this 05 model in 12/05 preowned with 16K miles, in immaculate condition. No brake problems at all. We have had it 18 months and it now has 39,500 miles. It literally has never been in the shop, and it still drives perfect. Wife's daily car and she loves it. I am impressed every time I drive it, to the point that I want one also. We're considering a new '08 with all the extra options (roof, 4X4, DVD, nav). I loaded it with 4 adults, 2 kids, too much luggage, roof luggage rack, trailer hitch rack and drove it 80+ mph on West Texas Interstates for 1,200+ miles round trip to NM. It surprised me how smooth, powerful, and stable it was. Still got 17.3 mpg

Have owned 2 Suburbans, and Armada drives great and has more leg room. Smooth and powerful, yet handles well for a brute. Feels solid and in control. Wife loves the way it looks. I like the way it drives. Power hatch is nice touch. Don't hesitate to buy one. '08s are even nicer inside.

Doors should automatically lock when put in gear. Most Japanese autos don't do that. Not sure why. Power fold 3rd-row seat would be nice.

Girly suv to manly suv
By LEIZ

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Husband was too tall for the Lexus RX300, so we traded it for the Armada. Took some time to get use to, but I am finally loving this BEAST. It's a big SUV that deserves a bow. It handles well and has a lot of power when I need it. Nav needs help, did send me to the wrong location. It carries all of my shopping with no problems, along w/ husband, toddler and dog in tow. I get compliments on this SUV everywhere I go. I feel safe, but I pay for the safety and the looks at the pump.. This beast is always hungry for more gas, what SUV isn't? Overall, I am very happy with our purchase. You get alot for what you pay on this SUV.

Back up camera (would not have bought it without it! I can't park for nothing pulling into a spot now, I have to back up into it), Automatic lift gate is wonderful.

To see what you control on the DVD thru NAV screen (helps a mom that's alone with toddler, but to only work when in park), split seats on 3rd row. add voice nav and improve it. (sent me to residential area for gas station)

Caught off Guard
By dogteam

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was caught off guard that this truck has worked so well. I read a lot of bad reviews and was cautious about this truck. I get compliments on its looks all the time and I can haul my kids and all their stuff with no problem. The power is great and it is geared nice, this big dude can really get on the freeway in a hurry. The backup camera is great and my sons love the DVD. I even watch it while when I have to wait in the truck. The dealership has been good to me also. I ran into the brake shaking problem and they solved it in a few hours at no cost. Other than that, the truck is tough and has run great.

My favorite features are the back up camera and the automatic lift gate, really makes the truck seem fancy. I also used the folding front seat because I had to haul some really long lumber in the truck. The reclining back seats are cool too.

I would like to see a button to retract the side mirrors. Other than that, can't think of anything it would need.

Poor build quality
By Ron

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not sure at what factory my Armada was assembled, but there were simply too many parts that were either not installed at all, or installed broken. Also, the under dash squeaks and window rattles are driving me nuts. I did get the brakes fixed, but the parts that needed fixing were the redesigned parts, so I'm not confident they're truly fixed. I love the power, but given the choice, would not buy this vehicle again.

Exterior styling and engine performance.

Reduced interior squeaks and rattles through more road testing and better assembly techniques.