2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Armada
By MIKE on 10/30/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Worst Vehicle I've ever owned. Rattles like a "tin can". Front window/door panel rattles all the time. Dealer supposedly fixed problem but still rattles, drives me crazy! Had the brakes fail on me when approaching a stop light. Something to do with the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) module. Nissan has known about this problem and still no recall? A/C doesn't blow cold even though their is enough freon in the system. Takes up to 30-40 minutes before blowing cool, not cold. Have had two fuel injectors replaced before 40,000 miles, thankfully it was covered under my extended warranty. All in all this vehicle was poorly engineered. Would not recommend to anyone. Buy Chev. Tahoe instead!

Awww!!!! Man!!! Another Mistake
By BJ on 09/17/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot stress to you about how much my 05 Armada has been giving me problems. I have to take it to the dealer every couple of weeks to get something fixed. From the A/C to the automatic tailgate. The A/C wouldn't give out cold air. It takes about 15- 20 minutes for it to get going. The steering wheel vibrates when you go 55 mph or more. The DVD system would not play the DVDs. The front headlights got water stuck inside of them because they were not installed correctly. The CD player would not eject my CDs. I went to the grocery store and I had a whole bunch of foods for Thanksgiving and the tailgate would not open. You could not manually open it or even open it with the remote.

Great Truck but - Beware of Brakes
By Kent on 01/07/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this SUV the day before Houston was in full evac for Hurricane Rita. It got us out of town and all the way to Dallas without a fuel stop, which was good since there was no fuel! We love the truck and have since moved to Denver. Wish we had 4WD now, but will have to make the best of it. Beware, as many other posts have noted, the rotors will warp at 5K miles. Nissan will fix it, but it is a problem. If you're buying a new '05, make them fix it before delivery. Other than that, it is a fine truck.

Great but must like big things
By hapieone1 on 12/30/05 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this suv in July and traded in my Acura TL since it was too small for our growing family. My only conflict with this Armada is that it is not the Acura. I miss my car, but it is a great SUV !

Great Vehicle
By MARK W on 12/17/05 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very little to complain about. I have switched over from a series of Dodge Ram trucks and will never go back. This SUV is superior to any other large truck or SUV I have ever driven. The only complaints would be that the power seat controls tend to accidentally adjust while getting in and out of the vehicle and laying the seats flat for storage is not a completely simple task. Besides that, it is fun, big, smooth and more powerful than even necessary. Highly reccomend this truck.

Happy Owner
By Tony C on 09/12/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great Family Vehicle, everyone fits + more. Meets all of my needs, MPG is about 16-17mpg. But, it's a full size SUV

Like Flying First-Class
By Maryland Bob on 08/15/05 08:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The design of the Armada sets it apart from all it's competition. Moving away from the boxy sameness that the American automakers have had for the past 10 years, the Armada stands as a refreshing design with great road "presence." The comfort of driving is excellent with a very generous interior, superb quiet at highway speeds, excellent acceleration, and a tow capability of almost 10,000 lbs. Many creature comforts are included and the interior has the feel of a first-class seat on a 767, including excellent rear leg room. The gas mileage is typical for a large, heavy vehicle but a small price to pay for the many advantages a vehicle this size gives for hauling cargo and passengers.

'05 Armada.... The Best !!!
By Ben on 07/18/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We just got our Armada and I will tell you it's been the best truck I've owned thus far. Very comfortable and has plenty of room and power. I used to own a Montero and I got frustrated all the time driving it. Nissan did a good job on this one!!

Powerful..Safe...Roomy...Family fun ship
By BAILEY'S GANG on 07/05/05 12:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been the owner of a ford expedition, jeep cherokees, hummer h2, and dodge durangos...And by far my nissan armada is the most overall family friendly suv i've owned while still making the driver excited about getting behind the wheel of this enormously powerful machine with unmatched unique styling.

Nothin' but Trouble
By Miller on 06/13/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Only have 29,000 miles and have taken it in 5 times to have the brakes REPLACED due to brake failure. Company didn't put strong enough breaks on such a large vehicle (doesn't sound too safe, huh?). I know 3 others who've had the same problem. I contacted the company for lemon-coverage, but they claimed they put on the final fix and therefore wouldn't replace or refund. Nice car to drive, but wish I'd chosen something else -- new cars shouldn't be in the shop every other month!