Used 2005 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Needs improvements
By Sherry

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I do like the size of my Armada. However, I think that it should be made of better materials in the interior. It should not be squeaky at 9100 miles. It has rattles in it already.

Cool Truck
By steve

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's a very cool truck. It handles well and has some real get up and go. The only downfall I can think of is the gas this thing takes. I suppose overall though, there's not another large SUV I would want or trust.

armada
By lisa

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

no mechanical difficulties have been experienced. the middle row can be tricky to fold down if you don't do it often. other than that, no complaints at all! really nice ride and comfy seats. my kids are able to see out the windows, but the little ones cannot open the doors from the outside, so you have to help them get in.

fun to drive! I like being up high and love the back-up sensors!

it would be nice to move the placement of the door handles, so children can reach them to get in.

Almost Got it Right
By Islander

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Nissan Armada has tons of power and is fun to drive. The interior is very flexible. Every seat folds down. I have 21,000 miles on my Off Road 4x4 and have worked through a few issues. The brakes were fixed on the 3rd try after a service bulletin came out. The Bose stereo system does not sound like a $750 system. I still have rattle sounds in my dash and doors. Overall, I still like the truck and would recommend it though.

The engine followed closely by the versatility of the folding seats. The 4x4 system if very easy to operate.

Upgrade the power of the A/C system. Mine does not work very well. Make the plastic in the interior fit better to reduce rattles.

Powerful road warrior
By porschekid74

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall my 2005 Nissan Armada has been a great vehicle so far. It has plenty of power, room, nice features, etc. This SE offroad is surprisingly quiet on the highway for its size. The only downfall is its gas mileage. After six months of ownership I have never gotten better than 15 mpg, but then again step on the gas pedal once and you'll see why.

Powerful engine, Bose stereo, incredible 2nd row leg room, rear passenger controls, cargo space

Automatic starter, 18 mpg, tow package standard feature