2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Nice Secret
By Happy Camper on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Update from my July 2007 review. We bought this in 12/2005. Now has 90,000 miles, and it still drives great. Wife doesn't want anything else. Still very solid, drives great, and no significant problems. We can afford a new one, but there is no need yet. Still load it down for vacations with 6 people and luggage carrier. Driven through blizzards, pulled trailers, and it's still wife's daily driver. Great truck! She will want a new one eventually, and I will probably keep this one for a work/ranch truck.

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper on 07/08/07 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this 05 model in 12/05 preowned with 16K miles, in immaculate condition. No brake problems at all. We have had it 18 months and it now has 39,500 miles. It literally has never been in the shop, and it still drives perfect. Wife's daily car and she loves it. I am impressed every time I drive it, to the point that I want one also. We're considering a new '08 with all the extra options (roof, 4X4, DVD, nav). I loaded it with 4 adults, 2 kids, too much luggage, roof luggage rack, trailer hitch rack and drove it 80+ mph on West Texas Interstates for 1,200+ miles round trip to NM. It surprised me how smooth, powerful, and stable it was. Still got 17.3 mpg

Girly suv to manly suv
By LEIZ on 04/11/06 20:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Husband was too tall for the Lexus RX300, so we traded it for the Armada. Took some time to get use to, but I am finally loving this BEAST. It's a big SUV that deserves a bow. It handles well and has a lot of power when I need it. Nav needs help, did send me to the wrong location. It carries all of my shopping with no problems, along w/ husband, toddler and dog in tow. I get compliments on this SUV everywhere I go. I feel safe, but I pay for the safety and the looks at the pump.. This beast is always hungry for more gas, what SUV isn't? Overall, I am very happy with our purchase. You get alot for what you pay on this SUV.

Caught off Guard
By dogteam on 02/06/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was caught off guard that this truck has worked so well. I read a lot of bad reviews and was cautious about this truck. I get compliments on its looks all the time and I can haul my kids and all their stuff with no problem. The power is great and it is geared nice, this big dude can really get on the freeway in a hurry. The backup camera is great and my sons love the DVD. I even watch it while when I have to wait in the truck. The dealership has been good to me also. I ran into the brake shaking problem and they solved it in a few hours at no cost. Other than that, the truck is tough and has run great.

Poor build quality
By Ron on 01/04/06 18:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not sure at what factory my Armada was assembled, but there were simply too many parts that were either not installed at all, or installed broken. Also, the under dash squeaks and window rattles are driving me nuts. I did get the brakes fixed, but the parts that needed fixing were the redesigned parts, so I'm not confident they're truly fixed. I love the power, but given the choice, would not buy this vehicle again.

Nice vehicle ... BAD brakes
By Sandi on 08/15/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful vehicle! WOW. I did however have it in the shop within 2,000 miles. There is a KNOWN defect on the braking system in the 2004 & 2005 Armada's & Titan's that Nissan has chosen not to share with the customers unless it becomes a problem. Supposedly there are no parts available to make the repairs on the brakes at this time, so they are temporarily turning the rotors to keep the vehicle from "skipping" when attempting to stop. GAS mileage is horrible. If you enjoy spending time at the gas pumps, then this vehicle is meant for YOU. All jokes aside, it is a beautiful vehicle. I just wish they had shared the braking problem with me when I bought it.

The big easy
By Maggie on 07/17/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful suv rides great and handles even better.. Our 4 yr old is so quiet in the back set watching her movies that sometime we need to check to make sure we put her in the car (lol). We just got the truck so no complaints so far.

Armada AH YES!
By PJ on 05/23/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have not had my vehicle for very long, but I think it's awesome. The ride, comfort, looks, dependability. It is top of the line as far as I am concerned....no better anywhere. Two downsides that I am not happy with. 1. I have leather seats (love them) I sometimes slide on pressing the brake. 2. Fuel economy Poor.

Great Vehicle
By Kenyadrick Wallace on 05/21/05 16:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love it so much. It has enough space. The only thing is the SE should have fog lights. That would bring them out also. Other than that the Armada's are Great!!!!!!!!!

Best $40K SUV on the Market!
By steve on 05/01/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and speed are unbelievable. Interior is well-appointed. I owned a Tahoe and a Maxima, now I get the best of both in one vehicle. The way some exterior design cues are executed in the interior (like the center console) are superb. It's like driving a work of art. Definately a nice alternative to GM's sloppy fit and finish and Toyota's anemic engines! WAITING ON THE HYBRID!