Used 2005 Nissan Armada SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Armada
By MIKE

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Worst Vehicle I've ever owned. Rattles like a "tin can". Front window/door panel rattles all the time. Dealer supposedly fixed problem but still rattles, drives me crazy! Had the brakes fail on me when approaching a stop light. Something to do with the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) module. Nissan has known about this problem and still no recall? A/C doesn't blow cold even though their is enough freon in the system. Takes up to 30-40 minutes before blowing cool, not cold. Have had two fuel injectors replaced before 40,000 miles, thankfully it was covered under my extended warranty. All in all this vehicle was poorly engineered. Would not recommend to anyone. Buy Chev. Tahoe instead!

Favorite Features

Very roomy, nice exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to go back to the drawing board and build a more dependable, reliable vehicle!

Awww!!!! Man!!! Another Mistake
By BJ

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot stress to you about how much my 05 Armada has been giving me problems. I have to take it to the dealer every couple of weeks to get something fixed. From the A/C to the automatic tailgate. The A/C wouldn't give out cold air. It takes about 15- 20 minutes for it to get going. The steering wheel vibrates when you go 55 mph or more. The DVD system would not play the DVDs. The front headlights got water stuck inside of them because they were not installed correctly. The CD player would not eject my CDs. I went to the grocery store and I had a whole bunch of foods for Thanksgiving and the tailgate would not open. You could not manually open it or even open it with the remote.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

Everything except the exterior looks

Great Truck but - Beware of Brakes
By Kent

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this SUV the day before Houston was in full evac for Hurricane Rita. It got us out of town and all the way to Dallas without a fuel stop, which was good since there was no fuel! We love the truck and have since moved to Denver. Wish we had 4WD now, but will have to make the best of it. Beware, as many other posts have noted, the rotors will warp at 5K miles. Nissan will fix it, but it is a problem. If you're buying a new '05, make them fix it before delivery. Other than that, it is a fine truck.

Favorite Features

Room, size, power, and backing sensors

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brakes before delivery to the consumer!!

Great but must like big things
By hapieone1

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this suv in July and traded in my Acura TL since it was too small for our growing family. My only conflict with this Armada is that it is not the Acura. I miss my car, but it is a great SUV !

Favorite Features

Love that it rides like a caddilac and the space. I also love the the seats are easy to manuever

Suggested Improvements

The interior is kinda manly and not really the quality that the denali, escalade and lexus offer but great for the price. I wanted leather but the leather option looked and felt like vinyl. Not very impressive.

Great Vehicle
By MARK W

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very little to complain about. I have switched over from a series of Dodge Ram trucks and will never go back. This SUV is superior to any other large truck or SUV I have ever driven. The only complaints would be that the power seat controls tend to accidentally adjust while getting in and out of the vehicle and laying the seats flat for storage is not a completely simple task. Besides that, it is fun, big, smooth and more powerful than even necessary. Highly reccomend this truck.

Favorite Features

Radio controls are great on steering wheel and the factory base sound system is very good. Handling is excellent, even in bad weather with 2wd.

Suggested Improvements

Move power seat controls or make seat firmer so as to not move controls when getting in and out of vehicle. Add parking sensors in front of vehicle as well as rear.