2005 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
It was great...at first
By mwahlgren7 on 08/23/11 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

No doubt the Armada is cool. Step on the gas and it pounces forward, and it looks aggressive. All the pillars are annoyingly thick however. For the first 100000 miles we were pretty happy with it but at that point it kind of started to disintegrate. 6,000 dollars in one year on things that shouldn't go wrong like diffs and suspension components. Also, there's significant rust coming in around the rear wiper and the rear wheel arches. This is unacceptable on a 5 yr old car that is garaged every night. Every time we've used it to do real work, it's broken. I like it but I sure wouldn't buy another.

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Update from my July 2007 review. We bought this in 12/2005. Now has 90,000 miles, and it still drives great. Wife doesn't want anything else. Still very solid, drives great, and no significant problems. We can afford a new one, but there is no need yet. Still load it down for vacations with 6 people and luggage carrier. Driven through blizzards, pulled trailers, and it's still wife's daily driver. Great truck! She will want a new one eventually, and I will probably keep this one for a work/ranch truck.

Love my "Batttleship"
By Jack on 03/05/10 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a big guy with a big family, so this is the perfect vehicle. Yes it is a thirsty beast, but I knew that going in. This is by far the most comfortable vehicle I've owned. Family trips are great with six of us and our gear easily accommodated. Pulls my camper with ease. Handles amazingly well for its size. Moves the soccer team and school band like a champ.

Pretty happy with the "Beast"
By Canadian Import on 02/05/09 18:19 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased ours used with 30k miles. It had a brake issue within the first two months, but this was corrected by Nissan under warranty. Other than that we have had no complaints. This is the ultimate family vehicle! We had a Yukon before, there is no comparing the two. The Armada takes it to a whole new level. If you have kids and need to haul them and their gear and like to do it in comfort and style, this is your truck. Fuel mileage is not great, but when you think about the added safety and cargo room, it is a fair trade off.If you have to commute 30-40 miles a day, then perhaps the Armada is not for you, but for hauling groceries and taking kids to soccer Mom can do no better!

Armada
By MIKE on 10/30/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Worst Vehicle I've ever owned. Rattles like a "tin can". Front window/door panel rattles all the time. Dealer supposedly fixed problem but still rattles, drives me crazy! Had the brakes fail on me when approaching a stop light. Something to do with the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) module. Nissan has known about this problem and still no recall? A/C doesn't blow cold even though their is enough freon in the system. Takes up to 30-40 minutes before blowing cool, not cold. Have had two fuel injectors replaced before 40,000 miles, thankfully it was covered under my extended warranty. All in all this vehicle was poorly engineered. Would not recommend to anyone. Buy Chev. Tahoe instead!

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper on 07/08/07 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this 05 model in 12/05 preowned with 16K miles, in immaculate condition. No brake problems at all. We have had it 18 months and it now has 39,500 miles. It literally has never been in the shop, and it still drives perfect. Wife's daily car and she loves it. I am impressed every time I drive it, to the point that I want one also. We're considering a new '08 with all the extra options (roof, 4X4, DVD, nav). I loaded it with 4 adults, 2 kids, too much luggage, roof luggage rack, trailer hitch rack and drove it 80+ mph on West Texas Interstates for 1,200+ miles round trip to NM. It surprised me how smooth, powerful, and stable it was. Still got 17.3 mpg

Needs improvements
By Sherry on 01/26/07 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I do like the size of my Armada. However, I think that it should be made of better materials in the interior. It should not be squeaky at 9100 miles. It has rattles in it already.

awesome armada
By bill on 11/03/06 21:26 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awesome. It by-far surpassed my expectations. A head turner/ intimidating beast. You tweebs who care about gas mileage, take a hike. If you want unsurpassed power, style and envy buy this truck. It put the hummer to shame.

Love my Armada
By 92TripleBlack on 10/20/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Only problem was fixed under warranty. Nissan redesigned brake rotors and replaced mine free. Very fast, reliable, all the bugs have been worked out. After owning it for 2 years, its still my favorite car to drive. I also own a vette convertible and G35. It is more quiet than the G35 and better for long road trips. I drove it to VT and drove in 6" of snow without problems. Great truck that I recommend to everyone. Get an '06 leftover if you can. The "improvements" for '07 aren't worth the extra money.

love this truck
By e person on 09/28/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love everything about this Suv except the mpg. Other than that I have no complaints. It's a well built/equipped vehicle