Used 2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Nice SUV for family road trips
By Maranda

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very spacious inside with lots of leg and head room. The only downside is cargo space is limited if using all available seating. The other option is to use the roof rack if needed.

It was great...at first
By mwahlgren7

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

No doubt the Armada is cool. Step on the gas and it pounces forward, and it looks aggressive. All the pillars are annoyingly thick however. For the first 100000 miles we were pretty happy with it but at that point it kind of started to disintegrate. 6,000 dollars in one year on things that shouldn't go wrong like diffs and suspension components. Also, there's significant rust coming in around the rear wiper and the rear wheel arches. This is unacceptable on a 5 yr old car that is garaged every night. Every time we've used it to do real work, it's broken. I like it but I sure wouldn't buy another.

Power, Handling, Ride

Rust proof it better please. narrow the pillars a bit.

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Update from my July 2007 review. We bought this in 12/2005. Now has 90,000 miles, and it still drives great. Wife doesn't want anything else. Still very solid, drives great, and no significant problems. We can afford a new one, but there is no need yet. Still load it down for vacations with 6 people and luggage carrier. Driven through blizzards, pulled trailers, and it's still wife's daily driver. Great truck! She will want a new one eventually, and I will probably keep this one for a work/ranch truck.

Long term reliability. Still drives like new. Lots of room. Large and safe. Smooth and powerful. Excellent drive line. Smooth tranny. Just drives great.

Yes, there are some interior rattles, but I can't tell if its the truck or all the kids electronics and wife's junk laying around. No other complaints at all.

Love my "Batttleship"
By Jack

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a big guy with a big family, so this is the perfect vehicle. Yes it is a thirsty beast, but I knew that going in. This is by far the most comfortable vehicle I've owned. Family trips are great with six of us and our gear easily accommodated. Pulls my camper with ease. Handles amazingly well for its size. Moves the soccer team and school band like a champ.

Comfort at all seats. Great sound system. Loads of space.

No complaints. I wish someone would sell a big SUV with a manual transmission.

Pretty happy with the "Beast"
By Canadian Import

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased ours used with 30k miles. It had a brake issue within the first two months, but this was corrected by Nissan under warranty. Other than that we have had no complaints. This is the ultimate family vehicle! We had a Yukon before, there is no comparing the two. The Armada takes it to a whole new level. If you have kids and need to haul them and their gear and like to do it in comfort and style, this is your truck. Fuel mileage is not great, but when you think about the added safety and cargo room, it is a fair trade off.If you have to commute 30-40 miles a day, then perhaps the Armada is not for you, but for hauling groceries and taking kids to soccer Mom can do no better!

Automatic lift gate, backup camera, Bose system, roomy back seats. Value for money!

Reduce rattles.