Used 2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

The best truck I ever had.
By mjones

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 Nissan armada 5.6L V8 and It has 210,000 miles on it and Is still running great.

Nice SUV for family road trips
By Maranda

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very spacious inside with lots of leg and head room. The only downside is cargo space is limited if using all available seating. The other option is to use the roof rack if needed.

It was great...at first
By mwahlgren7

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

No doubt the Armada is cool. Step on the gas and it pounces forward, and it looks aggressive. All the pillars are annoyingly thick however.
For the first 100000 miles we were pretty happy with it but at that point it kind of started to disintegrate. 6,000 dollars in one year on things that shouldn't go wrong like diffs and suspension components. Also, there's significant rust coming in around the rear wiper and the rear wheel arches. This is unacceptable on a 5 yr old car that is garaged every night.
Every time we've used it to do real work, it's broken. I like it but I sure wouldn't buy another.

Power, Handling, Ride

Rust proof it better please. narrow the pillars a bit.

Nice Secret
By Happy Camper

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Update from my July 2007 review. We bought this in 12/2005. Now has 90,000 miles, and it still drives great. Wife doesn't want anything else. Still very solid, drives great, and no significant problems. We can afford a new one, but there is no need yet. Still load it down for vacations with 6 people and luggage carrier. Driven through blizzards, pulled trailers, and it's still wife's daily driver. Great truck! She will want a new one eventually, and I will probably keep this one for a work/ranch truck.

Long term reliability. Still drives like new. Lots of room. Large and safe. Smooth and powerful. Excellent drive line. Smooth tranny. Just drives great.

Yes, there are some interior rattles, but I can't tell if its the truck or all the kids electronics and wife's junk laying around. No other complaints at all.

Love my "Batttleship"
By Jack

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a big guy with a big family, so this is the perfect vehicle. Yes it is a thirsty beast, but I knew that going in. This is by far the most comfortable vehicle I've owned. Family trips are great with six of us and our gear easily accommodated. Pulls my camper with ease. Handles amazingly well for its size. Moves the soccer team and school band like a champ.

Comfort at all seats. Great sound system. Loads of space.

No complaints. I wish someone would sell a big SUV with a manual transmission.