Worth the Initial Investment
By CO Defender on
2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I've had The Tank for almost 6 years now, and the first 95K were absolutely trouble free. Since then, I've replaced the radiator core, A/C condenser, and most recently the right side exhaust manifold, not cheap, but considering the 108K of extremely hard driving, and $4K price tag for repairs, it's been well worth it. I'm on my 3rd set of tires (last two Bridgestone)...fuel economy is still brutal, but considering 6 years and over 100K, I'd buy another if Nissan would continue to build them.
Favorite Features
Comfortable as all get-out. The ultimate road-trip vehicle. Rear seat legroom comparable to a limo, handles well for a tank, and pretty much bulletproof until recently. My wife keeps telling me to get rid of it. No damned way, I love this thing.
Suggested Improvements
Interior finish could use some work (may have improved in later year models)...
By thankyouabba
on 02/28/12 10:24 AM (PST)

That is a LOT to do to a car with so few miles on it. We have never had to do that kind of work to any car or truck we have. Our truck has almost 300k miles on it, 1991 Dodge Dakota long bed, our 1996 Honda Accord has over 250k miles on it without ever having to spend that kind of money on it. Our 2004 Pontiac Grand Am has over 125k miles and it has only required the basic 100k mile tune up we did ourselves. We have had to do freon in all of them, but major work should not be done to a car until after 250k miles. If before then, it's a piece of junk people! Wake up, you are being ripped off!