Ill start off by saying that I absolutely ADORE my armada. Its an awesome, beautiful, powerful, comfortable vehicle that I enjoy getting in every time. That being said, the 2004 model is an absolute failure when it comes to reliability. I have had a magnitude of issues with this car since about 6 months after I purchased it. Here are my problems and my actions
The 06 model would be your best choice as i have heard of limited problems with this.
2) Front Passenger axle failed and slipped out of the xfer case - Left it like that
3) When filling up, gas spits all over the place - replaced evap purge control solenoid valve and vapor canister purve valve
4) Front drivers side windows dont work - still an issue ( punching the door helps)
5) Tailpipe Fell off - Upgrade to performance muffler system
6) Radiator leak due to terrible mount point - replaced with upgraded radiator
7) Tire Pressure system failure- still unfixed
8) Auto shock leveling system failure - still unfixed
9) Dash guages fail - havent seen it happen in a year but it used to happen regularly.
10) Fold down chair problem - still unfixed.
I own a 2004 Nissan Armada LE and I have nothing but praise to speak about it. We have had no problems other than needing to buy new tires this year, which it was at its 90K mark. I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. Sounds like you bought a lemon, was it used? Maybe the previous owners did not maintain it well.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.