2004 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: From Fla to NE

2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Review

LE 4dr SUV (5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic)

From Fla to NE
By G. Lance on

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having the vehicle in Fla was great until I moved to NE. Being flat, no hills and no pot holes in Fla I believed this SUV was as smooth as silk. Ha! being in the country in NE up and down hills, windy roads, uneven pavement and pot holes I found out pretty quickly how noisy, unbalanced and terrible the suspension was on this vehicle. However I have been quite lucky and surprised by how it handled in the snow considering I have no 4wd and I've been in 12-18" of snow many of times. I have had issues with the breaks and seem to have to get the pads and rotors redone about 2x per year other that that no other problems with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

The amount of room has been my best feature and extremely valuable in my situation. I also love the Navigation system compared to Chrysler's it's easy to use and the viewing size is perfect. I think the gas tank is a good size this means longer fewer trips to the gas station.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension needs to be like the Jeep Commander, and there are too many rattles and very noisy on bumpy back roads.I also wish the rims came in chrome to match the other exterior chrome accessories.