2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Wanted it now
By MarkD on 12/19/04 02:41 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved it the minute I saw it. I slapped on some chrome wheels and everybody I drive by stares at the thing. The rumble of the V8 and how it lurches this vehicle to 60mph in 7.0 is an adrenaline rush. We've taken it everywhere on and off the beaten path. 6 of us took a trip all over the southwest in absolute comfort. The DVD/T.V. for the kids is a must. The dual A.C. system works very well... especially here in Arizona. Gas mileage is as expected... not good. I did have front brake problems, but are fixed now... bad rotors. It's not as quiet as a Tahoe or Expedition (test drove those two before buying), but it's a trade off for looks, power, the exhaust note and feeling of security.

Just Another Vehicle
By BH on 12/13/04 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have about 2700 miles on my Armada. The gas mileage (about 11.5 in town; about 14 on the hwy.) and the squeakes, especially from the driver's window, has made this vehicle a bad experience. I took it to my dealer for the window and was told they couldn't fix it and hoped that Nissan would come out with a bulletin on how to fix it. However, I do enjoy the room and comfort of the vehicle.

15 days is too long to wait for a part
By Cayman owner on 12/10/04 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Faulty gas gauge. Vehicle returned for warrranty repair and remained un-usable for more than 15 days while we waited for Nissan North America to source a replacement part. Never again.

Mean SUV
By 03acerider on 12/09/04 22:39 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have had our Armada since Jan, 2004 and have put over 16,000 miles on it! We test drove it and the Sequoia and felt the Aramda was better. It has to be the "badest" SUV out there. We took it on a 5,000 mile trip to San Francisco this past summer and the Armada was outstanding! Had to get the left rear window motor replaced. Several squeaks and rattle here and there. I am blaming that on first year gremlins! Hopefully Nissan will fix that in future models. The gas mileage is terrible, but that's what you get with that awesome engine! I am thinking of installing a Borla exhaust system and see what that will really sound like!

Great Looks
By Sanaa on 12/07/04 18:07 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the style and the performance. It also feels much smaller behind the wheels. This SUV drives like a car and very stable on the freeway. It currently has 16,000 miles and has been serviced 4 times total (3 times for the breaks, where the rotor had to be replaced or shaved). My husband is 6'5" and he loves the car, except for the lumbar support comfort and the overall quality of the leather, fabric,plastic and paint.

Armada= Lemon. Watch Out!!
By rob r on 12/05/04 12:23 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My armada is a beautiful car. the reliability of it is the worst. brake problems, and electrical problems that would never end. dealership would not stand behind it. not impressed with nissan now. I have a 2000 pathfinder.. that remains flawless.... what happened nissan??? try again. fix the mechanics and you will have a great car.. until then you lost my business. ps.. train your dealerships... Douglas of Henderson is a HORRIBLE place to buy a car... yo yo finance, lies, typical "used car" sales in a new car dealership. the worst car buying experience ever. From someone who loves nissan, a huge let down

SAVE YOUR MONEY!
By SLAVA on 11/12/04 21:00 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Where should I start? 2K miles first set of brakes. All windows squeak. I've been to the dealership 3 times, still can't fix it. Parts are on backorder for 2 months, now. 3500 miles, I lost the brakes COMPLETELY!!! After I was laughed at in the dealership, they found out that the power brakes booster went. Part went from being on "local" back order to "national" backorder. Car has been in the dealership for a week and nobody can say when am I getting it back. I paid $40K to drive a rental car. The only excuse everybody is giving me is that "it's the first year" So what????

bad mistake
By amoore on 11/09/04 15:32 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

purchase in 8/2004 only has 4,000 miles on it and rattles everywhere rides like a log truck, gas not so good. trying to trade can't do that nobody wants it.

good suv, but........
By sean williams on 11/07/04 13:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

the armada has been a wonderful suv for me. the performance is great. there are some flaws in the brake rotors. also the interior overhead console was poorly designed - the plastic rattles.

Awesome Armada
By M. Gilston on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just want to say that Nissan has made this soccer mom of 2 boys and 2 dogs very happy! I absolutely love the look, power, size and rumble of the engine as I drive my Armada to preschool field trips and carpool line! I also love the looks I get from people eyeing the car and I'm soooo happy to have a car that not only looks great, but also has power and chutzpah!