2004 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Interior rattles, but fun to drive
By flex on 03/18/05 22:04 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck will blast you out of your seats with the power. It's amazing how much power you get out of an SUV of that size. Love the truck and would drive it all day. The only set back is the interior squeak/rattles..and the front brakes rotors. Everything else is on point with this truck. I got mine in November and have 4600 miles....worked on brakes once in December. Squeak/rattle coming out of doors could be annoying sometimes. Otherwise, this vehicle is perfect!!

Nissan can do better
By A.H on 03/16/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada and so does my wife, my complaint is the front brake system, the overhead console rattles, the quality of the interior, cheap plastic and leather, NISSAN CAN DO MUCH BETTER for the asking price. I'm use to top quality workmanship and materials since I also own a lexus, I realized that this is not a lexus.

Armada!!
By Ranya on 03/14/05 22:34 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada so much! It's huge, I call it my beast! But the only problem is, the inside is falling apart! the visors keep falling off, I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't fix them, that they were manufactured wrong.. Hopefully the 2005 is better.. But the drive is GREAT and so much fun! Overall, awesome car!

CA Lemon Law
By Weebfive on 02/16/05 16:30 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you live in California and you have had more than two safety related issues (brakes) seek the advise of an attorney. My wife and I purchased our Armada 10/03 and @ 4k miles we had our first brake problem (warped rotors). The dealer machined the rotors and replaced the pad. @ 9k miles warped rotors again. The dealer replaced the rotors and new pads. Again @ 13k & 16k warped rotors. Because of all the vibration (warped rotors) that went on during the braking it cause a lot of the interior components to loosen up & made the Armada sound cheap inside. We had other problems with the tire pressure monitoring system, Windows & air conditioning. Nissan reluctantly refunded our money. CA lemon law

Nissan Needs to brush up on fit & finish
By Nayeem on 02/10/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

At 4200 miles lost the transmission actuator. Could not put it to reverse. At Park vehicle could move freely with ignition off. Had it towed to dealer. NISSAN Corporate was POOR in pleasing the customer.

Best of Full-Sized
By Na on 01/29/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'd like to begin by saying that I am in the process of trading my Armada in for another vehicle because all of the problems I am having. This might contradict my ratings, but that's because the issues I am having are all due to bad construction rather than bad design. The Armada beats every other SUV I test drove in every aspect save interior quality. Such cheap and soft plastic!! Terrible gas mileage, but to be expected from something that dyno's at the rear wheels around 340HP. Nothing like darting past little 'sports' cars around town in something 4x their size.

CAUTION - Big Mistake
By K Clark on 01/27/05 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am VERY DISAPOINTED. I purchased the Armada 7/04 new. It has been in the shop now 6 times in the last 6 months. The dealership is great and is sympathetic to my problems. Overhead compartment squeeks like crazy. New Tork Converter, Transmission, 4 New Michelin Tires and New Overhead Compartment @ 7300 miles. Sunroof rattles along with everything else. New brakes @10,500 miles. Front end still shakes. waiting for next go around of rattles to start. Overall 30+ business days in shop so far. I have called Nissan Corporate 4 times they promise calls back, but never deliver. I was thinking of creating a web sight called "My Armada Squeeks, Rattles and Shakes." Think before you buy!

Front Brakes Suck
By Jay Veenis on 01/05/05 01:09 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After only 20,000 miles the front rotors have been turned down twice. The front braking system was replaced once and it appears that it will require more attention at 26,000 miles. There seems to be 4 - 5 thousand miles between brake repairs. The rotors become warped and either require machining or replacement. It appears that the brakes are undersized. The same braking system is used on the Titan, which has a similar record.

I Love My Armada.
By V on 12/27/04 19:05 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I Just Love My Armada. I have Nothing more to say.

The Best with Class.
By The Kamen Family on 12/25/04 16:11 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is I looked at all the ratings for the Armada. I wanted to by a Toyota Sequoia and found to much hype. The Armada has the power and Features (Standard),Toyota only wish it had. Move over Toyota or get ran over. Armada is the real deal.