Used 2004 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

The Ultimate Vehicle
By Ermenia

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My armada is been great to own. I can take it anywhere and the ride is very smooth. The indicators in the dat for low tires, wiper fluid, etc are all easy to see and understand so there is never any concern about a problem coming up that I did not know about. It handles on the highway better than any vehicle, car or truck, I have ever owned (which is many since 1999). The acceleration is great. I do not have to worry when passing other cars or taking off from a stop that I will not make it around. It is been wonderful.

I think my most favorite feature is the fold down options in the second row. I am always flipping a seat up or flattening them out to put large items, including bikes and houseplants in without damaging the vehicle or the items.

I think the only improvement I would make is the interior plastic is a little fragile, a little scratch makes a big mark.

From Fla to NE
By G. Lance

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having the vehicle in Fla was great until I moved to NE. Being flat, no hills and no pot holes in Fla I believed this SUV was as smooth as silk. Ha! being in the country in NE up and down hills, windy roads, uneven pavement and pot holes I found out pretty quickly how noisy, unbalanced and terrible the suspension was on this vehicle. However I have been quite lucky and surprised by how it handled in the snow considering I have no 4wd and I've been in 12-18" of snow many of times. I have had issues with the breaks and seem to have to get the pads and rotors redone about 2x per year other that that no other problems with the vehicle.

The amount of room has been my best feature and extremely valuable in my situation. I also love the Navigation system compared to Chrysler's it's easy to use and the viewing size is perfect. I think the gas tank is a good size this means longer fewer trips to the gas station.

Suspension needs to be like the Jeep Commander, and there are too many rattles and very noisy on bumpy back roads.I also wish the rims came in chrome to match the other exterior chrome accessories.

spare your self the agony
By mark

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been nothing but a pain since day one. I have finally given up on having the interior rattles fixed, we just live with them now. Two weeks ago the brake system failed and had to be towed to the dealer. this week air conditioning not working (but it's only 90 degrees outside) Engine still making a strange knocking noise that dealer can't find. Front end squeaks over dips. Save your self the headaches, buy something else. as far as towing, towing 8000 lbs is impressive however, on the boat ramp it is weak. on any incline, armada will roll backwards while in drive with or without trailer. on ramp, parking brake will not hold armada and boat in place - has to be put in park

arm rest

tell ghosn to stop exploiting nissan and start using quality parts.

The best SUV
By Peggy

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at all the large SUV's. Toyota seemed top heavy. Ford felt cheaply made. Chevy seemed too much of a truck. Dodge is just ugly. When we tried the Nissan, I thought finally a good looking SUV with all the specs and still cheaper than Chevy or Ford. I have never bought a Nissan before. I've only owned Ford, Pontiac and a Jeep so this would be a new experience. I can honestly say this is the best car I've ever owned and planned to buy Nissan again. I have 4 kids and this has been a life saver. Everyone has plenty of room and comfort and I don't feel we compromised getting what I wanted. The kids have the DVD and I have piece and quiet.

2nd row seating reclines. DVD in driver/front passenger headrests. 4x4 Never once felt unsafe. Doesn't feel top heavy. Back window opens instead of entire door. Look of the interior is very nice. Temp control separate from front. 14 cup holders throughout vehicle.

Split 3rd row.

Big Power, Big Room and Big Style.
By CSW

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall it is simply the most powerful, best looking and most roomy SUV in its class.....and that alone is saying a mouthful. Sure the interior is a little cheap, but you canít have everything. Bold bodacious styling, all aluminum DOHC V8 that will dust a hemi, and a huge, roomy and comfortable interior. Nissan spent the money where it counts in my book. Compared to where GM, Ford, Toyota, etc., etc. spent their money....I would go with the Armada any day. With that said, I did have to replace the front brakes. I got online, found some slotted rotors and ceramic pads, and fixed the problem permanently myself for about $300. I didn't fool around with the dealer's poor service.

Amazing acceleration. This thing will simply blast past anything....hemis included (heck...sports cars even). Awesome styling. Every angle is gorgeous. The nose with the large angular headlamps, the side profile with the rolling arches in the roof, and the bulbous muscular fenders. Wow.

Better interior materials are in order. Nissan has a history of getting great looking and running cars to market quickly while skimping on the interior, and then fixing the interior later (i.e. the new for 02 Altima that got a new interior in 04). Mainly needs better plastics, knobs, and fabrics.