2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Buy anything but this vehicle
By mc on 09/21/05 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. In the two years I have owned it, it has been in the shop 12 times for rattles, 3 times for brakes (they keep patching them and telling me Nissan won't allow them to change them until they get really bad because of lack of parts), and numerous other times for various other problems. I plan on replacing it with a reliable vehicle soon. I will never own another Nissan.

I would never buy another nissan
By js on 08/31/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Problem, after problem. Nissan isn't as cooperative as they should be, considering they know many of the problems associated with this truck. They pretend they're hearing these problems for the first time. I've had this truck at the dealership more than any vehicle I've ever owned. I am never 100% satisified with their repair work. I've had problems with the brakes & rotors, 4 -wheel drive, roof console,(it fell)and now still rattles after it was repaired. I had to replace the tires after only 25,000 miles(my last truck I got 65,000 Miles out of the tires) The sunroof also rattles. The dealership said rattles are only covered for the 1st 12,000 miles(read your owners manual)Poor quality.

Armada.......a big disappointment
By james28 on 07/18/05 09:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the worst i owned. I owned a supercharged xterra which i assumed was the biggest leamon of all time. 3 recalls and numerous problems we traded for the armada. Nissan refuses to provide parts to fix the brakes and we have driven this shakey vehicle for 8mths. We have a water leak, rattles all over, power steering pump moans and a wind leak around the door. The transmisson has a shutter in it. Nissan has fallen to an all time low. I have owned nissan since 1985 and will never own another one. Stay away from nissan products if your smart.

These are undervalued SUVs!
By Rob on 06/29/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the best SUVs out there for the amount of towing capacity, options, style, performance, etc. I took mine across country with a family of 6 and all of us were very comfortable and our luggage fit easily in the back. It performed as well or better than any of the larger SUVs and better than any of the comparable or smaller sized SUVs. AWESOME!

Bought first car sold in illinois
By Drivin' in paradise on 06/20/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the first Armada in Illinois and have experienced the "first-run syndrome". After fighting with my dealership over floormats, Nissan stepped in and got me the mats gratis. Nissan has a serious issue with the rotors on this "beast" as they warp every 20K- 25K miles. Nissan is aware of the poor materials and is looking into a new manufacturer. Nissan is gladly replacing all rotors and pads when they warp due to the excessive heat produced by the large vehicle. Overall I enjoy the Armada and am happy with it. I can't complain about gas milage since I was aware the Full size SUVs have poor MPG. However..we actually got 24MPG driving to Naples, FL this winter!!!

Way better than the Astro Van I traded
By thingman on 05/30/05 13:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are going to be problems with first run vehicles. So far I haven't experienced any of major proportions. The lumbar support needs fixing for tall drivers but this is minor. I love the way this vehicle runs, drives, rides on the highway etc. Coming from an Astro van, I can tell ya about rattles and squeaks. This vehicle doesn't rattle anywhere near a GM, Chrysler or Ford product. Haven't experienced any problems with the brakes and if I do it will be a good reason to upgrade to slotted rotors. Overall impression is if ya want a fast, fun hauling beast the Armada is for you. And compared to its competition, it still tops the American products in quality.

This is a lemon
By Moberly on 05/24/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had to service this vehicle 8 times in 6 months. It leaked transmission fluids, needed a new windshield, the brakes have been replaced 3 times and I have had to replace 6 interior plasic pieces. I tell everyone not to buy one. This car is all style and no substance. I have a 7 year old Lexus LX470 that drives better, is more reliable and has 110K miles. Nissan of America will not do anything to support this hunk o' junk. Scott

1100 miles and it needs new brakes!!!!!!
By horatio on 05/04/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Wow! 1100 miles and pulsating front brakes. No recall yet! No parts available! Will resurface the rotors but the problem will come back! Can they spell class action lawsuit! Sign me up! I love the truck but the issue has not been resolved in months according to these postings. It's a real shame.

I had it all wrong
By ange on 04/30/05 21:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I wrote a review on 5/1/04 in favor of the armada, i guess i was excited.If you are thinking about buying an armada listen to me and save your money and time. Let's start out with 4 brake jobs (rotor problems of course), wind noise in the rear window, a defective fan, a cupholder that opened everytime you applied brakes and shall i go on! Of course with your warranty they will keep fixing it over & over & over. I decided to seek a remedy with a lemon law attorney. You do know that after 4 repeated repairs of an important part your vehicle is considered a lemon. Don't let nissan get away with this. Fight, fight,fight for your rights!! I hear the titan and the 2005's are no better!

Love it other than the Front Brakes
By Chris on 04/04/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

At only 2,700 miles the Front Brakes need an overhaul. It is sad that this is such a common problem for such an awesome SUV. Ton's of power and very smooth Trany. Consumer Reports complained about Engine and exhaust noise, get a clue, it's a V8 SUV. It happens to be one of my favorite things about the Armada, the deep exhaust and powerful sounding engine. We have four boys, and they love the room and especially the BOSE DVD system, it ROCKS!!! Almost bought a Toyota Sequoia based on their their awesome track record. They were more $ and under-powered. Nissan has built a great SUV other than a few little rattles and their one big problem, the brakes.