Used 2004 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

LE 4x4 Notes
By UTAH Bill

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking at the Denali, Escalade, and the Armada. IMHO, the LE Armada is the best value in this segment. The Infiniti version was nice but had bells and whistles (and a higher sticker) I don't need. The engine/tranny combination is perfect. And, the V-8 sounds like a V-8 should. Though some have thought the suspension to be a bit firm, my wife likes the fact this SUV does not wallow in turns like other big SUVs tend to do. It really does drive "smaller than it looks." The controls/gadgets are less complicated and easier to master than I thought they would be. I've already added mudflaps and taken off the roof rack.

Favorite Features

Size (in particular, the space for 2nd row passengers is great), security, safety, power, and value relative to the competition. This SUV looks modern and cutting edge while the competition (e.g., Escalade, Tahoe/Yukon, Denali, Expedition) are looking dated.

Suggested Improvements

The LE is well optioned, but should come standard with full mudflaps and floor mats. Needs locking gas cap access, underhood lamp, and the chrome grill should be real (not plastic) for longevity. I made sure I got one of the updated models (June+ build) with no dash rattles.

AWESOME!!!!!!
By Richardo

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I have owned mine for about 7 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it. The only thing that I have had going on is that there seams to be some noticable squeeking when going ove rrough turain. Other than that it has been perfect.

Favorite Features

POWER!

What a difference 6 months can make
By hawthfinan

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased an Armada in December....one of the first produced, and liked the vehicle but was disappointed by build quality.ie squeeks, rattles, loose pieces fit and finish, and it just did not feel right. For a variety of reasons I trades it in on another one lasy week and the difference is night and day. Fit finish excellent, tight, no rattles and is a joy to drive. The navigation system is easy to use and a must and the DVD system is great on trips. I am thrilled with the second one and I attribe that to quality improvements at the plant and the Infiniti QX56 has come on line there snd they were forced to deal with quality issues. The second car is great

Favorite Features

Technology package, DVD System, Power remote liftgate,

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio is still hard to get and shpuld be built into the system as an add later if desired. locking fuel door would be nice

Armada, Awesome, Magnificent, GREATEST
By Sandra K. Watson

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Armadie is GREAT overall. As I pass by the measley Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota products, I wonder "What were they thinking?" The Armadie, with it's robust and brute strength appearence, demands attention on the spot!!! I had to stop suddenly one day, on a wet road, it handles the best I've ever driven. The safety is great! People go out of their way to look at this vehicle!!! I shine my nails while I drive!! I can fit almost anything inside it, while the 3rd seat lies flat. It tow's wonderfully. Not one bad word could I say. I will own this vehicle for the rest of it's days. I will not trade or sell for any other kind, unless it is just a newer Armada.

Favorite Features

The interior is so spacious that the kids can say "Dad, can you hear me now?" It's great, especially when their hungry haha. My wife enjoys the heated leather and memory seats, the space, the status, she thinks she's a queen and calls it hers! The kids love the space,rear air control.

Suggested Improvements

Thoughts:Maybe a powered 3rd row seat, to lay flat. Option to where you have an move the DVD player to the console in the 2nd row seating as well. Could have like a removable shelf behind the 3rd seat to set things on, while the floor part is full. I am a very satisfied customer well.

Love the acceleration
By tcaliber

Fun to drive - Easy to operate

Favorite Features

Bold look - Lot's of leg room

Suggested Improvements

More Cargo Room