Used 2004 Nissan Armada LE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Stay away
By fish4life

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Multiple problems - Brakes problem replaced and then returned - Nissan would not replace again. Transmission Leaks, Oil Cooler leaks, Window switches and motors. Oil pressure is all over the place but Nissan and dealer say it is normal. Of course out of warranty and no help from dealer or Nissan. Now the tire pressure sensors are bad. No more Nissans for me, ever.

I love it!!
By Lichee

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after trading my Infiniti SUV, although a little skeptical, I was instantly impressed. I have been driving it for almost 2 years, I don't hear a rattle. There was a recall issue with the brakes, dealership repaired n/c, no problem. More recently DVD system compartment rattle was also repaired and replaced by dealer. Comfortable seating for extra large adults. Roomy and attractive.

Favorite Features

Seating, overall performance, one touch liftgate, navigation console.

Suggested Improvements

Dash panel a little awkward, heating/air-condition vents, not placed strategically throughout vehicle. Headlights are dim, too dim for a beast this size!

Eric Hill Armada
By Eric Hill

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This auto was everything we hoped it would be. Comfortable, roomy, and fairly economical for a large SUV. It's styling is an eye catcher and mechanical performance has been outstanding. Made me a true believer that Nissan is the manufacturer I will stay with for future autos.

Favorite Features

roominess

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage. Difficult, but need to enhance overall fuel performance.

The Ultimate Vehicle
By Ermenia

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My armada is been great to own. I can take it anywhere and the ride is very smooth. The indicators in the dat for low tires, wiper fluid, etc are all easy to see and understand so there is never any concern about a problem coming up that I did not know about. It handles on the highway better than any vehicle, car or truck, I have ever owned (which is many since 1999). The acceleration is great. I do not have to worry when passing other cars or taking off from a stop that I will not make it around. It is been wonderful.

Favorite Features

I think my most favorite feature is the fold down options in the second row. I am always flipping a seat up or flattening them out to put large items, including bikes and houseplants in without damaging the vehicle or the items.

Suggested Improvements

I think the only improvement I would make is the interior plastic is a little fragile, a little scratch makes a big mark.

From Fla to NE
By G. Lance

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having the vehicle in Fla was great until I moved to NE. Being flat, no hills and no pot holes in Fla I believed this SUV was as smooth as silk. Ha! being in the country in NE up and down hills, windy roads, uneven pavement and pot holes I found out pretty quickly how noisy, unbalanced and terrible the suspension was on this vehicle. However I have been quite lucky and surprised by how it handled in the snow considering I have no 4wd and I've been in 12-18" of snow many of times. I have had issues with the breaks and seem to have to get the pads and rotors redone about 2x per year other that that no other problems with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

The amount of room has been my best feature and extremely valuable in my situation. I also love the Navigation system compared to Chrysler's it's easy to use and the viewing size is perfect. I think the gas tank is a good size this means longer fewer trips to the gas station.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension needs to be like the Jeep Commander, and there are too many rattles and very noisy on bumpy back roads.I also wish the rims came in chrome to match the other exterior chrome accessories.