2004 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Surprise!
By rick on 08/26/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought 2004 Armada new. We loved the room for the family. Soon we noticed lots of noise and was told with in normal limits. Then squeaky brakes again told normal. The ride is rough. The DVD player ruined our DVDs. The interior is falling apart. While driving down the expressway (no overpass) our sun roof exploded! We were told again this was not a defect and we had to pay for that to be fixed. Sunday we were in another state for my grandson's birthday and the car quit. Had it towed to Nissan dealer hip and told engine blown. Something came loose & hit the engine.Waiting to hear if they will cover it. The cost will be $8-9000. So now I have a $16,500 loan on a car that is worthless.

the best SUV yet
By carluvr on 11/10/06 18:17 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this Armada used in December 05 with only 11000mi on it and my dad and family took the truck to Yosemite in the winter three weeks after we got it and it worked wonders in the snow and it's got the 2WD off road package....it has dusted every suv out there and returned 20+ mpg on the highway back from camping fully loaded....One problem is a rattle that happens once in a while by the drivers A-pillar...overall this rig is the best SUV we have owned or driven...

Nissan Driver
By Tulsan on 07/24/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love Nissans. Maxima was my first NEW car. Loved it! Fell in love with the style of the Armada when it first came out. My biggest fear was that it was manufactured in Canton, MS. I wasn't sure it was going to be dependable. But this SUV is great for large families. I have 3 kids and all 3 car seats fit in the 2nd row with room left over. Nobody smashes fingers trying to get their seat belts hooked.

what a shame
By mark on 11/26/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

what could have been the best hands down SUV on the market is a junker. The vehicle has plenty of power but the quality of the materials used is sub par. So, interior mars easily, squeaks, rattles, and bellows. Leather seats are already loosing their shape. Brakes were an issue, but with the new replacements they're great. The exterior plastics are showing signs of sun damage (this vehicle is kept in the garage). the longer we have it, the more strange noises we hear and the more i wonder just how reliable this vehicle is. Dealers we have dealt with have been very unhelpful. If I could do it over again, i would not have bought this vehicle. $46,000 worth of headaches. buy an excursion.

Just Another Vehicle
By BH on 12/13/04 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have about 2700 miles on my Armada. The gas mileage (about 11.5 in town; about 14 on the hwy.) and the squeakes, especially from the driver's window, has made this vehicle a bad experience. I took it to my dealer for the window and was told they couldn't fix it and hoped that Nissan would come out with a bulletin on how to fix it. However, I do enjoy the room and comfort of the vehicle.

My all Purpose Vehicle
By Family Limo on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Ok where do I start. I think Nissan did a great job with the design of this vehicle, just a poor job putting it together. Within the first month my Transmission started to slip, My tires keep loosing air pressure, my door handles get stuck, air keeps coming in from my windshield. Twelve months later my tires are all chopped up with 10k miles, air still comes from my windshield. I have had a Nissan since I was able to drive (20yrs) This has been by far not my best experience. Got another 24 months with this misery!

Great SUV, shoddy build
By earlybirdjr on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's got the power. Smooth ride for a truck frame. Great looks. I've had plenty of esthetic problems. The passenger exterior mirror wasn't working, outside molding along bottom of window was dented, the gas filler door was loose, leather on steering wheel was scuffed. I believe the problems were dealer caused more than Nissan. I hope these problems don't extend into the engine/drivetrain/electrical. Overall, very satisfied with this SUV and would recommend it to a friend or relative. Just buy from a dealer other than Landers.

Needs Improvement
By rpx708 on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The steering is tight, after 7000 miles, already had alignment checked and corrected, replaced back windshield wiper motor, had left driver door electric window motor checked and told was okay (still stops working while closing the window and preparing it to take back into service, replaced back passenger door window due to air leakage through the window. The style looks sharp, leather color combo with exterior don't always seem to look good together. Had a hard time deciding on color because of this. I've taken several long trips (New Orleans and Orlando from Austin at seperate times), after several hours, felt uncomfortable driving.

worth it!
By james,rachel yennie on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Hell of a Ride worth every cent that we pay

my armada
By atlfalconer on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this vehicle is a giant. It is fun to drive, gereat for the family and well worth the money. It's too bad it took this long for Nissan to realize it could compete in this market. They deserve more market share than they have. I love it.