Used 2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Surprise!
By rick

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought 2004 Armada new. We loved the room for the family. Soon we noticed lots of noise and was told with in normal limits. Then squeaky brakes again told normal. The ride is rough. The DVD player ruined our DVDs. The interior is falling apart. While driving down the expressway (no overpass) our sun roof exploded! We were told again this was not a defect and we had to pay for that to be fixed. Sunday we were in another state for my grandson's birthday and the car quit. Had it towed to Nissan dealer hip and told engine blown. Something came loose & hit the engine.Waiting to hear if they will cover it. The cost will be $8-9000. So now I have a $16,500 loan on a car that is worthless.

Lots of room for family.

Interior. 2nd row seats hit and tear front seats, 2nd row seats back flap lost velcro and won't stay up. Only child in cars are in infant seats/adults only using them.

the best SUV yet
By carluvr

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this Armada used in December 05 with only 11000mi on it and my dad and family took the truck to Yosemite in the winter three weeks after we got it and it worked wonders in the snow and it's got the 2WD off road package....it has dusted every suv out there and returned 20+ mpg on the highway back from camping fully loaded....One problem is a rattle that happens once in a while by the drivers A-pillar...overall this rig is the best SUV we have owned or driven...

the motor..transmission..handling, fuel mileage and the interior space...build quality is excellent...off road ability...and styling

one rattle drivers A-pillar and the whistling sound that's from the rear door handle and thrumming sound when the window is down...

Nissan Driver
By Tulsan

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love Nissans. Maxima was my first NEW car. Loved it! Fell in love with the style of the Armada when it first came out. My biggest fear was that it was manufactured in Canton, MS. I wasn't sure it was going to be dependable. But this SUV is great for large families. I have 3 kids and all 3 car seats fit in the 2nd row with room left over. Nobody smashes fingers trying to get their seat belts hooked.

Style, comfort (seats sit up high), leg room, huge console. Interior looks good, not cheap.

Mine has started rattling a small amount (dashboard). I don't know if that is MS quality or Nissan quality. I never had that happen in the Maxima which was not manufactured in the US. Sorry, don't want to lay blame on the MS plant but when you pay that much for a vehicle, you expect great quality.

what a shame
By mark

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

what could have been the best hands down SUV on the market is a junker. The vehicle has plenty of power but the quality of the materials used is sub par. So, interior mars easily, squeaks, rattles, and bellows. Leather seats are already loosing their shape. Brakes were an issue, but with the new replacements they're great. The exterior plastics are showing signs of sun damage (this vehicle is kept in the garage). the longer we have it, the more strange noises we hear and the more i wonder just how reliable this vehicle is. Dealers we have dealt with have been very unhelpful. If I could do it over again, i would not have bought this vehicle. $46,000 worth of headaches. buy an excursion.

drive train, off road ability, thoughtful designs - but poor execution

tear out the interior and start over. the interior is a joke. i've seen kia's with higher quality materials. hire people for their abilities, instead of hiring from the unemployment office for tax breaks. If you could see who is putting your nissan together - you would run.

Just Another Vehicle
By BH

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have about 2700 miles on my Armada. The gas mileage (about 11.5 in town; about 14 on the hwy.) and the squeakes, especially from the driver's window, has made this vehicle a bad experience. I took it to my dealer for the window and was told they couldn't fix it and hoped that Nissan would come out with a bulletin on how to fix it. However, I do enjoy the room and comfort of the vehicle.

back sensors; the drive; the room; and the stereo.

get rid of the squeaks; improve the gas mileage.