Used 2004 Nissan Armada SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Still going strong
By OptiClaw

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Armada new in Aug 04. Loved it from the start. Great power, tons of space. Had the usual brake issues, dealer handled it for free. Squeaky A/C fan also fixed free. Over 54K miles now and still going strong. Used it to shuttle 5 men for weekend trip and all commented on how big it is inside. MPG is no worse than other big SUVs, so I don't know why people complain. You know what to expect when you buy these things. We plan to keep the Armada at least another 5 years if all goes well. Why replace such a fantastic vehicle?

Favorite Features

Interior space, engine power, luggage capacity (great for tons of camping gear).

Suggested Improvements

If Nissan produced a hybrid version of the Armada, I'd consider upgrading. Space dividers in the big center console would help organize. As it is, you have to dig through all the stuff you dumped in there to find that one item on the bottom.

Not bad for the money
By Fla Mada

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I now have 55,000 miles on my 04. Overall I have been happy with it. There is absolutely no other sport ute that has the space, power and value for the money today. I usually change my vehicles every 2 years but I will admit I am spoiled with the attributes this vehicle has and I simply cannot see paying over $50k for trucks with fewer features. It does rattle a bit, my seat squeaks at turns, have had 3 brake jobs but you know we also had an 06 ML500 @ $60,000 and it had just as many problems. We got rid of the ML and believe it or not kept the Armada.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks (took a while to take a liking), throaty exhaust, performance, handling and just overall satisfied with the things that really count.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality of interior components.

Moe's Armada
By Mozell Cooper

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada. It turns many heads, my family can ride with joy relaxing in comfort.

Favorite Features

The looks what caught my attention. Bodystyle, roomy seats. The stylish design speak for itself.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is a must.

Great but............
By Love the looks

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving this truck ( I do mean truck because this vehicle rides nothing like the Tahoe we owned just before purchasing the Armada) Additionally, Nissan needs to pay attention to the details like brakes that squeak, DVD rattles, and tail gates that fail to operate correctly. Besides that the vehicle has performed well.

Big Power, Big Room and Big Style.
By CSW

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall it is simply the most powerful, best looking and most roomy SUV in its class.....and that alone is saying a mouthful. Sure the interior is a little cheap, but you canít have everything. Bold bodacious styling, all aluminum DOHC V8 that will dust a hemi, and a huge, roomy and comfortable interior. Nissan spent the money where it counts in my book. Compared to where GM, Ford, Toyota, etc., etc. spent their money....I would go with the Armada any day. With that said, I did have to replace the front brakes. I got online, found some slotted rotors and ceramic pads, and fixed the problem permanently myself for about $300. I didn't fool around with the dealer's poor service.

Favorite Features

Amazing acceleration. This thing will simply blast past anything....hemis included (heck...sports cars even). Awesome styling. Every angle is gorgeous. The nose with the large angular headlamps, the side profile with the rolling arches in the roof, and the bulbous muscular fenders. Wow.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials are in order. Nissan has a history of getting great looking and running cars to market quickly while skimping on the interior, and then fixing the interior later (i.e. the new for 02 Altima that got a new interior in 04). Mainly needs better plastics, knobs, and fabrics.