2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Stay away
By fish4life on 04/22/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Multiple problems - Brakes problem replaced and then returned - Nissan would not replace again. Transmission Leaks, Oil Cooler leaks, Window switches and motors. Oil pressure is all over the place but Nissan and dealer say it is normal. Of course out of warranty and no help from dealer or Nissan. Now the tire pressure sensors are bad. No more Nissans for me, ever.

I love it!!
By Lichee on 09/29/07 07:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after trading my Infiniti SUV, although a little skeptical, I was instantly impressed. I have been driving it for almost 2 years, I don't hear a rattle. There was a recall issue with the brakes, dealership repaired n/c, no problem. More recently DVD system compartment rattle was also repaired and replaced by dealer. Comfortable seating for extra large adults. Roomy and attractive.

Eric Hill Armada
By Eric Hill on 02/20/07 06:51 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This auto was everything we hoped it would be. Comfortable, roomy, and fairly economical for a large SUV. It's styling is an eye catcher and mechanical performance has been outstanding. Made me a true believer that Nissan is the manufacturer I will stay with for future autos.

The Ultimate Vehicle
By Ermenia on 11/03/06 08:15 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My armada is been great to own. I can take it anywhere and the ride is very smooth. The indicators in the dat for low tires, wiper fluid, etc are all easy to see and understand so there is never any concern about a problem coming up that I did not know about. It handles on the highway better than any vehicle, car or truck, I have ever owned (which is many since 1999). The acceleration is great. I do not have to worry when passing other cars or taking off from a stop that I will not make it around. It is been wonderful.

From Fla to NE
By G. Lance on 10/28/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having the vehicle in Fla was great until I moved to NE. Being flat, no hills and no pot holes in Fla I believed this SUV was as smooth as silk. Ha! being in the country in NE up and down hills, windy roads, uneven pavement and pot holes I found out pretty quickly how noisy, unbalanced and terrible the suspension was on this vehicle. However I have been quite lucky and surprised by how it handled in the snow considering I have no 4wd and I've been in 12-18" of snow many of times. I have had issues with the breaks and seem to have to get the pads and rotors redone about 2x per year other that that no other problems with the vehicle.

Best SUV I've owned
By Joe on 08/24/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We had an expedition prior to owning this Armada. We actually went to the Toyota dealer to buy a Sequoyah and they had this used vehicle on the lot. My wife and I test drove this vehicle for about 20 minutes we only test drove the Sequoyah for two blocks. So much fun, so much space. 43" of leg room in the second row whole family loves this vehicle.

Good but not great SUV
By Rick in ATL on 03/29/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of rattles and air leaks keep this good SUV from being great. Great powertrain and sound system, smooth ride and comfort. Poor dealer service.

Armada 2004
By j.trussell on 03/29/06 09:01 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV has the perfect amount of room on the inside BUT it is a PIECE of JUNK. The interior is cheaply made and easily scratched etc. I have had a tremnedous number of items replaced on the inside -the DVD player, DVD console in the ceiling, leather cover on a passenger seat, ac vent, volume control button on the steering wheel (this needs replacing again)drivers window had to be worked on 3 times, passenger window also, back of front passenger seat had to be replaced, brakes 3x's, lots of rattles when driving---it has NOT been a good experience. Love the size and the amenities in it but it is cheap!!!

So Impressed!
By Big Boy on 01/30/06 17:06 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2004 Nissan Armada in 2003. I have 35,000 miles on the odo. currentlty. Let me add I haven't had a problem with the suv since I purchased it! Looks nice, pulls my 7,000 snowmobile trailer nice, and hugs the road fairly for such a tank.

Nissan has done it. Lookout toyota&chevy
By Chris Hansen on 01/21/06 23:47 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved our Nissan Armada. It has tons of room, tons of power, and drives excellent. We have had the typical front brake problem, but Nissan has a remedy for that problem. Some rattles, but the Dealer is working those out. Best big SUV on the Market. More power than TAHOE & SEQUOIA.