2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Still going strong
By OptiClaw on 09/24/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Armada new in Aug 04. Loved it from the start. Great power, tons of space. Had the usual brake issues, dealer handled it for free. Squeaky A/C fan also fixed free. Over 54K miles now and still going strong. Used it to shuttle 5 men for weekend trip and all commented on how big it is inside. MPG is no worse than other big SUVs, so I don't know why people complain. You know what to expect when you buy these things. We plan to keep the Armada at least another 5 years if all goes well. Why replace such a fantastic vehicle?

Not bad for the money
By Fla Mada on 09/28/07 21:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I now have 55,000 miles on my 04. Overall I have been happy with it. There is absolutely no other sport ute that has the space, power and value for the money today. I usually change my vehicles every 2 years but I will admit I am spoiled with the attributes this vehicle has and I simply cannot see paying over $50k for trucks with fewer features. It does rattle a bit, my seat squeaks at turns, have had 3 brake jobs but you know we also had an 06 ML500 @ $60,000 and it had just as many problems. We got rid of the ML and believe it or not kept the Armada.

Moe's Armada
By Mozell Cooper on 06/15/07 22:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada. It turns many heads, my family can ride with joy relaxing in comfort.

Great but............
By Love the looks on 11/21/06 00:07 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving this truck ( I do mean truck because this vehicle rides nothing like the Tahoe we owned just before purchasing the Armada) Additionally, Nissan needs to pay attention to the details like brakes that squeak, DVD rattles, and tail gates that fail to operate correctly. Besides that the vehicle has performed well.

Big Power, Big Room and Big Style.
By CSW on 09/04/06 19:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall it is simply the most powerful, best looking and most roomy SUV in its class.....and that alone is saying a mouthful. Sure the interior is a little cheap, but you can’t have everything. Bold bodacious styling, all aluminum DOHC V8 that will dust a hemi, and a huge, roomy and comfortable interior. Nissan spent the money where it counts in my book. Compared to where GM, Ford, Toyota, etc., etc. spent their money....I would go with the Armada any day. With that said, I did have to replace the front brakes. I got online, found some slotted rotors and ceramic pads, and fixed the problem permanently myself for about $300. I didn't fool around with the dealer's poor service.

Retired
By Geza S. Kovacs on 08/22/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Funn and safe vehicle to drive. True value is in winter, driving in the snow.

Way better than the Astro Van I traded
By thingman on 05/30/05 13:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are going to be problems with first run vehicles. So far I haven't experienced any of major proportions. The lumbar support needs fixing for tall drivers but this is minor. I love the way this vehicle runs, drives, rides on the highway etc. Coming from an Astro van, I can tell ya about rattles and squeaks. This vehicle doesn't rattle anywhere near a GM, Chrysler or Ford product. Haven't experienced any problems with the brakes and if I do it will be a good reason to upgrade to slotted rotors. Overall impression is if ya want a fast, fun hauling beast the Armada is for you. And compared to its competition, it still tops the American products in quality.

CA Lemon Law
By Weebfive on 02/16/05 16:30 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you live in California and you have had more than two safety related issues (brakes) seek the advise of an attorney. My wife and I purchased our Armada 10/03 and @ 4k miles we had our first brake problem (warped rotors). The dealer machined the rotors and replaced the pad. @ 9k miles warped rotors again. The dealer replaced the rotors and new pads. Again @ 13k & 16k warped rotors. Because of all the vibration (warped rotors) that went on during the braking it cause a lot of the interior components to loosen up & made the Armada sound cheap inside. We had other problems with the tire pressure monitoring system, Windows & air conditioning. Nissan reluctantly refunded our money. CA lemon law

Best of Full-Sized
By Na on 01/29/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'd like to begin by saying that I am in the process of trading my Armada in for another vehicle because all of the problems I am having. This might contradict my ratings, but that's because the issues I am having are all due to bad construction rather than bad design. The Armada beats every other SUV I test drove in every aspect save interior quality. Such cheap and soft plastic!! Terrible gas mileage, but to be expected from something that dyno's at the rear wheels around 340HP. Nothing like darting past little 'sports' cars around town in something 4x their size.

The Best with Class.
By The Kamen Family on 12/25/04 16:11 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is I looked at all the ratings for the Armada. I wanted to by a Toyota Sequoia and found to much hype. The Armada has the power and Features (Standard),Toyota only wish it had. Move over Toyota or get ran over. Armada is the real deal.

1 2 3 4 5 next »