2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
This year is should have been skipped
By eganrac on 07/21/11 10:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Ill start off by saying that I absolutely ADORE my armada. Its an awesome, beautiful, powerful, comfortable vehicle that I enjoy getting in every time. That being said, the 2004 model is an absolute failure when it comes to reliability. I have had a magnitude of issues with this car since about 6 months after I purchased it. Here are my problems and my actions The 06 model would be your best choice as i have heard of limited problems with this.

Worth the Initial Investment
By CO Defender on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had The Tank for almost 6 years now, and the first 95K were absolutely trouble free. Since then, I've replaced the radiator core, A/C condenser, and most recently the right side exhaust manifold, not cheap, but considering the 108K of extremely hard driving, and $4K price tag for repairs, it's been well worth it. I'm on my 3rd set of tires (last two Bridgestone)...fuel economy is still brutal, but considering 6 years and over 100K, I'd buy another if Nissan would continue to build them.

Best hauler
By ray on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Armada new and have been hauling 3000-8000 pound loads bi-weekly for the first 4.5 years. Only have done scheduled maintenance and replaced the front brake pads at 90,000 miles and have replaced 2 sets of tires. This is the best truck/suv I have ever owned. I live in minnesota and this truck starts in below zero temp every time. I now have a 125,000 miles and it runs like a top. It also looks brand new. In the past I have killed ford f150's and chevy 1/2 and 3/4 tons with all the hauling I do. This truck has out preformed all others I have owned. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable suv. I still have the original back brake pads and will probably get 10- 15k miles

Tough truck
By Mark on 08/10/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have 120k miles on an '04 Off-Road, and there has only been the brake rotor problem, which Nissan took care of, eventually. I routinely tow 8500 lbs. with it and haul about 500 lbs of tools always, and the truck has held up really well. Better than my previous 2 Expeditions on all accounts, especially comfort & handling.

Learn from other's mistakes
By Grapes on 07/29/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle new in DEC of 2003. I knew it was the first model year but it was a Nissan. So how many problems could it have? I'll tell you how many, more than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. This vehicle is a piece of junk and I felt the exact same way as another reviewer. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves! Problems?, exhaust, window, levelers, brakes, overhead console, electronic powertrain module, oem tires, and squeaks, rattles and shakes that are by far the worst of any car I've ever driven. And I'm 53. Don't know if things changed this year but the armada was rated one of the 5 least reliable vehicles for 5 years running.

Stay away
By fish4life on 04/22/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Multiple problems - Brakes problem replaced and then returned - Nissan would not replace again. Transmission Leaks, Oil Cooler leaks, Window switches and motors. Oil pressure is all over the place but Nissan and dealer say it is normal. Of course out of warranty and no help from dealer or Nissan. Now the tire pressure sensors are bad. No more Nissans for me, ever.

Great Truck
By sah on 02/12/09 09:49 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since new, continue to keep this while trading/leasing others. The size, ride and functionality are incomparable and we have had minimal problems with a first year model. Highly recommend this vehicle to those considering. Do your homework. The brake concerns are to be expected for a large, heavy SUV that gets traditional auto miles. We have 65k miles and are going in for our second brake job... the first was covered. 2nd set of tires are in great shape. Compare to a Suburban/Expedition by taking a drive test... it is a hands down winner.

So far soooo goooood
By Tony G on 11/19/08 20:41 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far, so good! Smooth ride, excellent acceleration, lots of body roll when turning, but what do u expect, it's a BIG SUV. Brakes a little slow. Very Happy with this truck!

Still going strong
By OptiClaw on 09/24/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Armada new in Aug 04. Loved it from the start. Great power, tons of space. Had the usual brake issues, dealer handled it for free. Squeaky A/C fan also fixed free. Over 54K miles now and still going strong. Used it to shuttle 5 men for weekend trip and all commented on how big it is inside. MPG is no worse than other big SUVs, so I don't know why people complain. You know what to expect when you buy these things. We plan to keep the Armada at least another 5 years if all goes well. Why replace such a fantastic vehicle?

Surprise!
By rick on 08/26/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought 2004 Armada new. We loved the room for the family. Soon we noticed lots of noise and was told with in normal limits. Then squeaky brakes again told normal. The ride is rough. The DVD player ruined our DVDs. The interior is falling apart. While driving down the expressway (no overpass) our sun roof exploded! We were told again this was not a defect and we had to pay for that to be fixed. Sunday we were in another state for my grandson's birthday and the car quit. Had it towed to Nissan dealer hip and told engine blown. Something came loose & hit the engine.Waiting to hear if they will cover it. The cost will be $8-9000. So now I have a $16,500 loan on a car that is worthless.