2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Deceptive 2.5S Options on "Bui

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Deceptive 2.5S Options on "Build Your Own" Nissan Site
By bobynand on

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Nissan "Build Your Own" site makes the 2.5S options tempting and I opted for these options. OMITTED from the 2.5S options was the overly harsh Sport Suspension. I am embarking on a very unhappy three year lease. Traded a 2011 Toyota Camry LE that drove like a luxury car, now when I run over a dime in the road I feel it.

Very attractive body style caught my eye first. Pure White Pearl added to that attractive style. Interior black on beige gives a rich look.

1. Make the Sport Suspension a separate/specific option. 2. Not all consumers are "electronic geeks". Setting and/or changing display features is mind boggling. Why not H for hour and M button for minute to change the clock for example. Still do not understand the symbols on the Information display and cannot find them in the manual. 3. Very limited driver power seat adjustments. 4. Why can the Sentry have a dealer installed auto dimming with compass but not the Altima. 5. Factory setting for unlocking doors was set when the ignition is turned off - Why not when the car is put into the park position? 6. More to come, I'm sure, later.
By droycraft
on 02/10/14 17:33 PM (PST)

I completely understand your displeasure with the stiff suspension. Unfortunately, auto manufacturers seem to think that car buyers want to feel every tiny bump in the road. I bought a 2013 Camry Hybrid XLE last year and I can feel it when I drive over a paper towel! Your 2011 Camry had a much smoother-softer suspension than the redesigned 2012 and up models. Why on earth did they do this? I have no idea. My 97 Camry has a much smoother and more desireable ride quality than my brand new 2013 Camry.