The Best Car I have ever owned
By akinchen on
2014 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
This is a fantastic car , I opted to get the 3.5 SV mainly due to the performance . It is extremely fast for a sedan and extremely fuel Efficient . Slow down the RPM to about 68 on HWY and I consistently get 36 MPG, Brim to Brim fill up , Go about 75 and it will go down to the original specs which is 31 MPG. I use only synthetic oil in all my cars . For Texas hwy it is a fantastic car , quiet and Luxury. I also have Lexus and it is to me a bit better than my 4 year old Lexus which I paid a lot more for. Nissan CVT is considered the best of all Car makers . I prefer Cloth interior , not a big fan of leather . The car is Super quiet and is the best car I have ever owned , beat all
Favorite Features
The only thing I wish were better is,, I wish it had LED rear lights, I tried to remove the rear light housing and gosh could not get it off . Don't want to damage the car so must let the Mechanic upgrade to LED rear light . To replace the bulbs cost bout 30 plus labor , but makes the rear lights so much brighter . The steering is harder than my old 2010 Altima which I gave my daughter , but that is the only thing worse . I actually get better fuel economy than the 2010 Altima that has the 4 cylinder , which I find fantastic .
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had Led rear lights but that is all
By mred72
on 02/02/14 07:23 AM (PST)

I rented a 13' Altima S in Houston last year. Your highways and roads are concrete. Hence, no matter what you drive the ride is going to be noisy. Get that Altima on blacktop and you'll begin to notice all the design flaws. Maybe it's to your benefit you drive on concrete, otherwise you'd be disappointed.

By jadziasman
on 03/08/14 14:36 PM (PST)

It's not a luxury car, okay? And the 2014s are quiet. My new 2014 is. Maybe Nissan made a couple of minor changes for 2014 and made the cabin a little quieter than the 2013 rental you had. Until you drive a 14 you really don't know, do you?. And besides, what were you comparing the 13 Altima to anyway?