2014 Nissan Altima 2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great Car so far, phenominal

2014 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 SV Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Great Car so far, phenominal fuel economy
By dkeenan on

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far, car is as Edmunds has described. The most remarkable thing about this car to me is the phenominal fuel economy I am getting. Most of my mileage is highway, but there's some stop and go rush hour on the highway and some weekend around-town driving also. Now that the car is broken in and temps are high for the summer, I am averaging an honest 40-42 MPG per tankful! Over and over again. No kidding. Incredible for a car of this size and power. Of course, there's some focused driving skill that goes into getting these numbers and I've got the tires aired up to the max, but if you work with the car and it's shift program, 40+ MPG is easy for me during the warm weather.

Favorite Features

Interior, styling inside and out, comfotable seats, high qulaity interior materials, logical intuitive controls and display

Suggested Improvements

Reprogram CVT to kick in the converter lock up clutch more quickly when throttling on at slow speed. No sure why engineers allow such an extended period of "float" time in that scenario.