2014 Nissan Altima 2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - $25K car with non-deploying airbags

2014 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2.5 SV Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

$25K car with non-deploying airbags
By hoopee on

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A car recently started crossing into my lane. I swerved to avoid an accident and the pavement had erroded and my car went in the ditch. After going in the ditch, it launched me in the air, doing $20,000 on my 2month old Altima. My car was totaled. Nissan and their Air Safety Bag rep was all over me, then would no longer take my calls, nor would the dealer that I my car. Over 1.1 million Nissans have been recalled. I bought mine on March 15, Car reccalled on March 25. No one ever told from dealer to manufacturer. Don't trust your safety to Nissan or a nice looking car. I was almost killed.

Favorite Features

Ds (sporty drive mode)

Suggested Improvements

Airbags that actually deploy in an front end collision rather than almost kill occupants.
By txchamps
on 09/03/14 09:04 AM (PDT)

I certainly wouldn't want to marginalize your horrendous experience, as I have seen report after report of non-deploying airbags in many autos, and not just Nissans. There must be serious investigations done regarding what I consider to be a technology that is seriously flawed all accross the industry. However, to be fair, the recall that you referred to is in regard to a faulty OCS sensor (Occupancy Classification System) in the passenger seat, and had little, if anything, to do with your highly unfortunate situation. I hope you continue to pursue a legal remedy for what you went through. Have you reported to NHTSA?