Used 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

STAY AWAY PLEASE be safe not stupid like me
By RALF

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

ill be short and to the subject : on the highway the 14 altima is all over it slides side to side (if windy do not go more than 50 you will lose control easy) -when the RPM stays right on 2 the whole car vibrates like a washing machine (i am not joking try yours , it dont matter what the speed is just keep it at 2 on the dot ) -radio is peace of garbage who just blows out the speakers -back up camera turned pink and some lines dance up and down all over the screen -the engine makes a funny noise when u start it and stays forever -tires are garbage who let it me down in the middle of the winter storm jan 2016 -transmission also let it me down on the same day winter storm jan 2016 -road assistance dont care and they do nothing for you at all i had to wait 3 days for the towing truck to bring my car at the dealer and i had to remove the car from a dangerous spot where died and i hade to pay tow truck out of my wallet ... POOR SHAME ON YOU ROAD ASSISTANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU all - and now the miles start to go down from 23 mpg to like 19 mpg whats about that ??? it was 23 mpg for like 1 strait year

Great car, if it only ran
By Susan Marshall

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

From jerking violently while shifting/CVT to shuddering until it shuts off while idling at stop lights, turning, behind school busses, etc., shutting off each time the car is placed in reverse or drive to completely disengaging while driving down the road/highway leading to coasting while the gas pedal and engine stop "talking" to each other, my car has progressively become a death trap. This 2014 Altima appears to completely flummox the dealership's service folks. They can't seem to fix it. Corporate refuses to pay for or replace whatever is broken. Oh, to top it off, the same Nissan dealership said it is only worth $9k for trade in. Despite being very happy with the car for the first 18-months, this 4-time Nissan buyer is desperately searching for faith that this car's current issues are a fluke, can be fixed, and the car I worked so hard to buy will return to being the reliable, comfortable, and economic car I loved.

Rental Car rides again
By Joshua

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car with the intention of using it to drive for uber/lyft. I bought it from hertz car sales since their deals are about $5-$6k less than similar models I found nearby (and I searched for weeks). I figured that since I was going to put a million miles on it, having relatively high miles (50k) wasn't really an issue. The cvt transmission does take some getting used to, but since it is a main factor in my incredible gas mileage, it's still worth it. The Bluetooth works great, even skipping songs in Pandora. Phone connectivity works like a charm. The most comfortable front seats I've ever sat in and I've had numerous large luxury sedans (bmw 7's, lexus LS'S, ETC). My two complaints are the quality of paint (super thin) and the interior, while being nicely designed, is ultra low quality materials (styrofoam rear deck, really?) and the armrest feels like it's going to break off any day now. I haven't had any issues at all, at 6000 miles into ownership and 56k on the car.

Transmission, tech pkg
By Tiffany

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4 cy on 8/4/2014. In November I experienced power outage/ shortage in tech system the radio, navigation, LED screen all went out. Everything there is a change in climate or when it gets cold I have these issues, sometimes lasting for hours. I then noticed my car riding ruff as if it wasn't shifting gears properly. Took it to the dealer and the bearings I. The transmission went out had to get a new transmission in May 2015. The dealer replaced free of charge and provided a rental. Now in November I am again experiencing a ruff ride, car smells like gas and a strong smell of burning something has come a loose from the front and side underneath the car. My tech package, LED screen and Navigation has went out again! The side blind spot indicators flash even when there's not a car on the side and in the rain the do not work properly! The interior is not durable at all! Leather is starting to peel. The car does not ride smooth anymore.

Transmission
By John

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 2015 Pathfinder and 2014 Altima 3.5SL loaded Two transmissions in altima and it's still has issues, jerks between 17-32 mph and 59-70 first transmission 30 days after purchase and multiple visits to dealer! Would stay away! I also own a 2012 and 2000 Altima both have 100k plus never a issue

• SUV