2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Love my Altima
By David W St. Louis on 02/21/15 17:56 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My husband was so impressed when he drove an Altima for the first time drove from New York to Maine that he suggested that I test drive one when I was ready to trade in my 2008 Honda CRV. I feel in love with it from the moment I drove it.

Transmission failed in 9500miles
By arazak on 02/16/15 09:52 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My car nissan altima 2.4s 2014 model transmission failed and its was in nissan garage for two weeks but repair not yet completed. I feel bad for my wrong choice, i supposed to buy toyota.

First one a lemon
By 5194556927 on 01/20/15 00:13 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new 2014. Problem with drain hose in roof missing. Interior full of water. Problems with electrical. In for repair to many times to count. Put in complaint to Nissan and no help. It was the dealer that eventually put me into a brand new 2015 because car could not be repaired.I fought with Nissan for over a year with little results. They did offer me an extended warranty which I refused. The repair was well over $10,000.00 so they would have been better off to have exchanged the car long ago. Nissan will not admit to any faults. They will try to repair your car until warranty runs out and you are on your own. Lets hope the 2015 is not a lemon.

Still really like it!
By greatcarz on 12/26/14 06:48 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I took delivery of my new 2014 Nissan Altima SV back in November of 2013, so I've now had it for a little over a year. After 17,000 miles of highway and city driving I can still recommend it as one of the nicest and best looking cars on the road, especially for the money. From the factory remote start, which I originally thought I wouldn't use very much to the great display in the dash, Nissan incorporated a lot of very usable technology in this 4-door mid-size sedan. The CVT transmission is very smooth and the sport mode is fun when you feel like merging onto the highway with a bit more performance. My fuel mileage has been fantastic, getting the highway rating of 38 mpg.

Navigation, Radio, Electrical
By randall17 on 12/10/14 14:19 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I started having problems with the 2014 Nissan Altima about three months into the lease. I took it to the dealership and they finally said they will replace the navigation-radio when one comes available. I told them about the car just turning itself off and how many times it did it. They took it on a SHORT test drive and said they couldn't find a problem. I called Nissan Corp and told them I wanted out of the car because it was NOT safe. Three weeks later I got a call from Nissan Corp and they said NO WAY will they either buy the car back or even help on a replacement car. I traded the UNSAFE car off today for a Hyundia. NO MORE Nissans for this country boy

Good Car with some CONS. (Handling)
By ibrahim_halawa on 08/20/14 11:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I picked up base 2.5 altima 2014. Its a comfortable ride. I drove 5 hours straight and did not feel fatigue. However, the handling on it sucks. It is way too loose. Driving on the Highway/ Freeway with a bit of wind is a huge challenge and hard to steer. Almost got into a accident because of it. MUCH different from my 2008 model v6. I wish the handling was better, it would make it a better car. Otherwise, its fuel economy is pretty good. but Fill ups are 55-60 dollars. I also think that is a bit much. Car has good pick up, good braking and good design. When the warranty is up, I will lower it, and modify it to make it a better handling car just because I really like the way it looks.

Great Car so far, phenominal fuel economy
By dkeenan on 08/19/14 06:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far, car is as Edmunds has described. The most remarkable thing about this car to me is the phenominal fuel economy I am getting. Most of my mileage is highway, but there's some stop and go rush hour on the highway and some weekend around-town driving also. Now that the car is broken in and temps are high for the summer, I am averaging an honest 40-42 MPG per tankful! Over and over again. No kidding. Incredible for a car of this size and power. Of course, there's some focused driving skill that goes into getting these numbers and I've got the tires aired up to the max, but if you work with the car and it's shift program, 40+ MPG is easy for me during the warm weather.

2014 Nice but...wiring/electrical issues!
By arlyo on 07/29/14 14:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I first tried a 2013 but didn't like it....really noisy. After test driving other midsize cars and reading that the 2014 had more insulation added, I took the 14 out again and thought it was a lot better...and bought a 2.5S. Unlike the 13's the 2014 S has a display audio package option.. (Rear view monitor...USB port....& 5" display) for $320...so I added that option. This car has a lot of positives....nice compromise of handling/ride...Great gas mileage...No engine shudder like some 13 owners had. Power steering noise once out of the garage is a non-issue for me. So Nissan has corrected problems for the most part that the 13's had. So the issues? Read on.

Love My Nissan Altima
By blknissan on 06/19/14 08:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima SV and I love it! I had a 2011 Altima that was a great car so I went back to Nissan and I love the changes they have made. The vehicle rides great and has "0" gravity drivers seat which makes a long trip alot more easy on my back. The Michelin tires that came on the vehicle create a smooth ride yet the suspension lets you also feel like you are still driving. The car looks very sporty and yet still has great interior space. Numerous people have commented on how great the car looks. The gas mileage is the best feature of all. I average 39 miles to gallon on the highway!! Nissan has built a great car that is fun to drive and yet provides the best gas mileage!

$25K car with non-deploying airbags
By hoopee on 06/04/14 15:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A car recently started crossing into my lane. I swerved to avoid an accident and the pavement had erroded and my car went in the ditch. After going in the ditch, it launched me in the air, doing $20,000 on my 2month old Altima. My car was totaled. Nissan and their Air Safety Bag rep was all over me, then would no longer take my calls, nor would the dealer that I my car. Over 1.1 million Nissans have been recalled. I bought mine on March 15, Car reccalled on March 25. No one ever told from dealer to manufacturer. Don't trust your safety to Nissan or a nice looking car. I was almost killed.