Used 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

beware of paper thin clear coat
By Denise

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

this auto has the least amount of clear coat I have ever seen. I wash my auto about every 3 weeks between washings hardwood sap landed on my hood, now I have damage that is awful. It ruined the paint that quickly. Also when removing my cover for my morning drive my arm swung to the right and my fingernail broke part of the front grill, my fingernail! The plastic covers at the threshold pop off. My veh is 1 year old and I am freaking out. The clear coat is my biggest heartache with the car and the price. I will never again buy a manufactures so called "bread and butter" auto. I had a jeep and a grand am that after 6 years never showed the first sign of clear coat peeling.

Nissan Altima 2014 SL
By jmaske@hotmail.com

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for about a year, so far I've been fairly happy. The transmission can be a bit sluggish at a dead stop, other than that, it performs well and I average 30mpg when driving for fun. I can hit 40+ mpg on the highway if driving conservatively. When on the highway, there's plenty of power to maneuver as needed.

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
By m_z

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the new car which was the showroom model with <90 miles. It performs relatively well. Driver's seat are comfortable (has tile seat function which is lacking in other car makers' models) and family said the other seats were comfortable as well. The CVT is LOUD upon start up and during acceleration but calms down at cruising speed. It does take time to accelerate. Nice leather with some hard plastic and soft-touch plastic in cabin.

- leather was included as standard but not sunroof but was added as an option, which doesn't make sense! - roomy interior - comfortable seats - Decent family sedan but don't expect Performance -> look elsewhere!

- cloth should be offered with heated seats - 5" radio screen is OUTDATED as it's NOT Touchscreen and right side has ~2" of unused space which cuts off artist name/titles/year - "Fun to drive!" is NO LONGER Nissan's motto which it's been for years, NOT fun to drive so don't expect to go That fast! --> Car is made (per Nissan's media releases) for Fuel economy and roominess, hence it's a Family sedan! - Center driver's screen display is Outdate -> no odometer! - CVT is LOUD upon startup & acceleration - LOUD ROAD/TIRE noise!!! - Continental Tires are terrible (Nissan must have a long term contract with Continental)! - Pricey for what is and is NOT included!

Not happy with my 2014 Altima
By ftbutler50

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car a year ago and my gas mileage continues to drop.I am now averaging a little over 20 miles per gallon. This is way under the estimated miles per gallon advertised by Nissan. On occasion there is a hesitancy when I press on the accelerator. The Nissan dealership told me there was nothing wrong with the car and that it was probably due to winter gasoline. I had a Camry hybrid before this and was very pleased. Gas mileage was well into the 30 miles per gallon even in city driving. This car will cost me thousands of extra dollars that I did not anticipate spending for gas. I can feel all the bumps in the road and the occasional sticky accelerator makes for a joyless driving.

Fix the poor gas mileage and hesitant accelerator pedal.

Love my Altima
By David W St. Louis

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My husband was so impressed when he drove an Altima for the first time drove from New York to Maine that he suggested that I test drive one when I was ready to trade in my 2008 Honda CRV. I feel in love with it from the moment I drove it.

It's very stylish and handles very well. I love the various ways that the drivers seat can be adjusted as I am only 5'3" and he is 6'2" but regardless of who is driving, we are comfortable. Also, the seats are very comfortable and provide a comfortable ride when traveling long distances. In addition, I love that I get great gas mileage and am able to start my car and warm it up before I get in especially this winter! I could go on and on about all it's great features but I think you get the point!

The only frustration I have is with the voice recognition and phone. Downloading your phone book contacts would be great if you wanted to load all of them but I only care to load those that I call the most. I've tried instead to speak the command and phone number but it doesn't do a very good job of recognizing what I'm saying and takes too long to go through the process. I love the fact that the car has a Bluetooth option but there has to be a faster and easier way to make a phone call without jumping through hoops to do so!