Used 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Not happy with my 2014 Altima
By ftbutler50

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car a year ago and my gas mileage continues to drop.I am now averaging a little over 20 miles per gallon. This is way under the estimated miles per gallon advertised by Nissan. On occasion there is a hesitancy when I press on the accelerator. The Nissan dealership told me there was nothing wrong with the car and that it was probably due to winter gasoline. I had a Camry hybrid before this and was very pleased. Gas mileage was well into the 30 miles per gallon even in city driving. This car will cost me thousands of extra dollars that I did not anticipate spending for gas. I can feel all the bumps in the road and the occasional sticky accelerator makes for a joyless driving.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the poor gas mileage and hesitant accelerator pedal.

Love my Altima
By David W St. Louis

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My husband was so impressed when he drove an Altima for the first time drove from New York to Maine that he suggested that I test drive one when I was ready to trade in my 2008 Honda CRV. I feel in love with it from the moment I drove it.

Favorite Features

It's very stylish and handles very well. I love the various ways that the drivers seat can be adjusted as I am only 5'3" and he is 6'2" but regardless of who is driving, we are comfortable. Also, the seats are very comfortable and provide a comfortable ride when traveling long distances. In addition, I love that I get great gas mileage and am able to start my car and warm it up before I get in especially this winter! I could go on and on about all it's great features but I think you get the point!

Suggested Improvements

The only frustration I have is with the voice recognition and phone. Downloading your phone book contacts would be great if you wanted to load all of them but I only care to load those that I call the most. I've tried instead to speak the command and phone number but it doesn't do a very good job of recognizing what I'm saying and takes too long to go through the process. I love the fact that the car has a Bluetooth option but there has to be a faster and easier way to make a phone call without jumping through hoops to do so!

Transmission failed in 9500miles
By arazak

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My car nissan altima 2.4s 2014 model transmission failed and its was in nissan garage for two weeks but repair not yet completed. I feel bad for my wrong choice, i supposed to buy toyota.

Favorite Features

Boose sound system, basic interior with Bluetooth and power seat

Suggested Improvements

Over gear noise and need improve in transmission

First one a lemon
By 5194556927

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new 2014. Problem with drain hose in roof missing. Interior full of water. Problems with electrical. In for repair to many times to count. Put in complaint to Nissan and no help. It was the dealer that eventually put me into a brand new 2015 because car could not be repaired.I fought with Nissan for over a year with little results. They did offer me an extended warranty which I refused. The repair was well over $10,000.00 so they would have been better off to have exchanged the car long ago. Nissan will not admit to any faults. They will try to repair your car until warranty runs out and you are on your own. Lets hope the 2015 is not a lemon.

Favorite Features

I enjoy driving this car and the comfort is out of this world. I have had numerous people comment on how roomy and comfortable. I am a large man and there is plenty of room for me. Plenty of power in the 2.5 and the transmission is smooth but takes some getting used to. When you do you will love it.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the driver seat with 2 preprogramed settings as my wife also drives this car and it takes me a while to get the seat where I like it.

Still really like it!
By greatcarz

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I took delivery of my new 2014 Nissan Altima SV back in November of 2013, so I've now had it for a little over a year. After 17,000 miles of highway and city driving I can still recommend it as one of the nicest and best looking cars on the road, especially for the money. From the factory remote start, which I originally thought I wouldn't use very much to the great display in the dash, Nissan incorporated a lot of very usable technology in this 4-door mid-size sedan. The CVT transmission is very smooth and the sport mode is fun when you feel like merging onto the highway with a bit more performance. My fuel mileage has been fantastic, getting the highway rating of 38 mpg.

Favorite Features

Overall interior layout, ease of use controls and the tight drive feel and handling, and steering wheel design. I bought the all weather floor mats and have been very pleased with them. The overall design of the car is actually growing on me even more.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the factory supplied Continental Pro-Contact tires to something better, ie, Michelin Primacy or Bridgestone Turanza. It would also be nice for Nissan to offer another mid-gray color option for its cloth interior. Xenon lighting would be a great option at the lower trim levels as well as some daytime front LED's and some brighter and bigger rear factory LED tail lamps would also even make it a safer car to drive. I also considered some side guards, but the factory offered accessories just look funky. The factory spoiler doesn't really do much for me either.