Used 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Not worth the price or problems to come!
By Sha29

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car had everything I wanted and a great paint color when purchased. However, I should have done some more research before spending over $30000 for something I've had nothing but problems with since. Shortly after we purchased this, I noticed my car would start to shudder when I would go around corners or have to slow down then regain speed. It has also happened while driving down the highway at 65-70 mph. I mentioned this multiple times to my dealership when I would take it in for my oil change but they have told me every time that it is nothing and they can't seem to find a problem. I spoke with someone that use to work there and was discussing the problem I'm having and he suggested I call Nissan Consumer Affairs to see if they will do anything. He also warned me that Nissan is very bad about notifying customers when there are recalls. I contacted them and reported my issue, opened a case and awaited a response. I received a call last night from this lady that tells me she has done some research and that there is nothing wrong with my car, that is how the CVT transmission works. I asked her why it didn't do that in the beginning and she couldn't answer that. I also asked her about all the reports I have found on the same issue and her response was that it is based on the VIN and nothing showed for my car. The option she gave was to take it to another Nissan dealer to get a second opinion which means adding another 250 miles on my car and making me closer to my warranty expiring.
I would not recommend another Nissan to anyone! I now have an overpriced car with a huge issue that is only worth about half of what I paid only a year ago. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Ride Comfort
By Gene

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've looked into what can be done to improve the ride comfort of my 2014 Altima. So far, I have not found any recommended suspension improvements. Really noticeable sitting in the front right seat. I feel road bumps right through the seat and up my spine. The light weight of this car to improve gas mileage, results in too much road bounce on less then smooth road surfaces. Hit a pot hole, and the suspension feels like it bottomed out. On a smooth road surface, the car is quiet and comfortable. Engine compartment noise, on acceleration is too high. I've been test riding other cars but the trade in value of my 2014 Altima is less then what I still owe on the car by several thousands of dollars. The appearance external and internal is super. But I would not buy another Nissan Altima.

my car will not stay inlane when driving over 50
By Wendy

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drive on the hyway everyday to work and back. I have NEVER had a car that drifts in and out of the lanes like this car does. Its truely scary to get on hyway. I am not the only one who has this problem. CAN WE NOT RECALL AND FIX THIS!!! You buy a car to be able to enjoy and drive safely. Not to get on hyway and worry if your going to get home in one piece.its so bad. One minute I am driving straight next I am drifting in next lane or very vedy closeto the gauradrail. PLEASE PLEASE call attention to this before someone dies!!!!!@

Transmission Light
By Fakhir Parker

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Can someone tell me what it means when the transmission Light stays on?

STAY AWAY PLEASE be safe not stupid like me
By RALF

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

ill be short and to the subject : on the highway the 14 altima is all over it slides side to side (if windy do not go more than 50 you will lose control easy)
-when the RPM stays right on 2 the whole car vibrates like a washing machine (i am not joking try yours , it dont matter what the speed is just keep it at 2 on the dot )
-radio is peace of garbage who just blows out the speakers
-back up camera turned pink and some lines dance up and down all over the screen
-the engine makes a funny noise when u start it and stays forever
-tires are garbage who let it me down in the middle of the winter storm jan 2016
-transmission also let it me down on the same day winter storm jan 2016
-road assistance dont care and they do nothing for you at all i had to wait 3 days for the towing truck to bring my car at the dealer and i had to remove the car from a dangerous spot where died and i hade to pay tow truck out of my wallet ... POOR SHAME ON YOU ROAD ASSISTANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU all
- and now the miles start to go down from 23 mpg to like 19 mpg whats about that ??? it was 23 mpg for like 1 strait year