Used 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

great car bad paint
By mike b

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love this car. have bought 4 new Nissans over the years. Thought I finally found the maker to make me happy. Have had great luck but hear it comes don't know if it happens down south but I have 20,000 miles on it and its rusting around the crome strip on trunk. Coworker has the same problem on his 13 with 40,000 on it dealer said to bad that it would only be covered if under 36,000 miles. I will get it fixed under warranty when I take it in but it will come but in a year. Dealer knows about all of it for its happening to all of them. Nissan needs to step up but we know it will not happen. oh well I'll try a Toy or Acura next time. Not a good way to retain new car buyers.

Great car!!
By Ernest Neeley

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car; this is my second Altima and it is way better than the first, which I drove for 210K miles before giving it to my nephew as his first car.
I have owned two Accords before these two Altimas, and they were so overrated and the Altima is way better with reliability. No issues at all!

2 years and 20K miles - no major problems so far
By Robert Harris

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So sorry about all the problems I see from other owners! Mine has been really nice so far. Ride is very comfortable, especially on the highway. There is a bit of road noise from the rear that bothers me on rougher roads, but I'm very sensitive to road noise. I think most all newer sedans are geared much sportier than 20 years ago, with stiffer suspensions and lower profile/larger tires, so the Altima had equal to lower road noise than the 2014 Accord, Camry, Sonata, etc. Granted, I did not test drive a Buick : ) Anyways, the Altima is quite a cruiser and handles pretty well also. But it was a great value. I got the SV 4yl for $21,500.

Hope mine holds up a bit better than some others on here

Not worth the price or problems to come!
By Sha29

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car had everything I wanted and a great paint color when purchased. However, I should have done some more research before spending over $30000 for something I've had nothing but problems with since. Shortly after we purchased this, I noticed my car would start to shudder when I would go around corners or have to slow down then regain speed. It has also happened while driving down the highway at 65-70 mph. I mentioned this multiple times to my dealership when I would take it in for my oil change but they have told me every time that it is nothing and they can't seem to find a problem. I spoke with someone that use to work there and was discussing the problem I'm having and he suggested I call Nissan Consumer Affairs to see if they will do anything. He also warned me that Nissan is very bad about notifying customers when there are recalls. I contacted them and reported my issue, opened a case and awaited a response. I received a call last night from this lady that tells me she has done some research and that there is nothing wrong with my car, that is how the CVT transmission works. I asked her why it didn't do that in the beginning and she couldn't answer that. I also asked her about all the reports I have found on the same issue and her response was that it is based on the VIN and nothing showed for my car. The option she gave was to take it to another Nissan dealer to get a second opinion which means adding another 250 miles on my car and making me closer to my warranty expiring.
I would not recommend another Nissan to anyone! I now have an overpriced car with a huge issue that is only worth about half of what I paid only a year ago. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Ride Comfort
By Gene

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've looked into what can be done to improve the ride comfort of my 2014 Altima. So far, I have not found any recommended suspension improvements. Really noticeable sitting in the front right seat. I feel road bumps right through the seat and up my spine. The light weight of this car to improve gas mileage, results in too much road bounce on less then smooth road surfaces. Hit a pot hole, and the suspension feels like it bottomed out. On a smooth road surface, the car is quiet and comfortable. Engine compartment noise, on acceleration is too high. I've been test riding other cars but the trade in value of my 2014 Altima is less then what I still owe on the car by several thousands of dollars. The appearance external and internal is super. But I would not buy another Nissan Altima.