2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2 years later
By Altima lover

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Altima in September, 2013. I heard of all of the horror stories about the 2013 models so I decided to wait. AM I GLAD I DID! This car is amazing and has never let me down. In 2 years and 30.000 miles later, it has taken me to and from work and school, Orlando on multiple occasions (I live in Miami), Georgia, key west, and up to to Illinois. This car excels in long distance trips. The highest I have for a full tank of gas was 615 miles, that's amazing! The ride is always smooth and you can't go wrong with the blue tooth streaming. It can be a little sluggish(especially the 2.4L engine) but put the car into sport mode and it has a little more pick up. (You're not driving a sport car so don't expect it to take off quickly.) It is a great family car and once you fold the seats down, you can stuff that car full with stuff. (It has helped me and my friends move) I do receive complements on my car all time, especially with it being red. Also you have to love the remote start on those hot summer days. It cools the car right off by the time I get in it. This car is very safe! I have had a number of occasions where people cut right in Front of me and the car will come to a complete stop very fast. (Going under 40 mph of course) Earlier in the year I was involved in a 4 car pile up. My car was number 3 of 4. I have to say I got rear ended fairly hard, and I had the break pedal to the floor but still ended up tapping the car in front of me. When the car that rear ended me backed up, there were only a few minor starches on it! The only problem I did have was the passenger airbag sensor did not work until I took it in to get it repaired. Now no car is perfect so here are some down falls to this car. If you are only driving city, like I do, the gas mileage is terrible. Currently I'm averaging 18 mpg. But usually I average 22 mpg in the city. If you barely go anywhere, you can go a full 2 weeks and then some before you have to fill up the car. But if you add a little more driving than usual, a week and a half , maybe. (City only driving) The beige material is cheap and gets dirty all the time. (I clean my car every two weeks and find that I have to do a little extra scrubbing to keep it clean.) My back up camera loves to act up on me. When the car is in reverse, it will start flicker. (As if a cable is loose) I have taken the car into the dealership 4 times and they have replaced both the camera and the radio unit, and it still chooses to act up. However It only does it on occasion now. The steering wheel makes a loud whining noise when you drive at slow speeds. You can only hear it when the music is turned off or if someone is driving my car I can hear it from the outside as well. Also you have to get use to a cvt, it can get loud when you are merging onto the highway. Overall I really like this car and plan on keeping it for years to come. I take it into service when it needs it and I take care of my car. Other than a few imperfections, this is a great car. It's roomy enough so you don't feel squished, the styling is beautiful inside and out, the gas mileage is amazing on road trips, and it hase served me well over two years. This is a car to consider if you are in the market for a sedan.

Car is just ok...
By Sharkie

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this car has no guts.... poor Transmission.... the interior is cheap and easy to get dirty

beware of paper thin clear coat
By Denise

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

this auto has the least amount of clear coat I have ever seen. I wash my auto about every 3 weeks between washings hardwood sap landed on my hood, now I have damage that is awful. It ruined the paint that quickly. Also when removing my cover for my morning drive my arm swung to the right and my fingernail broke part of the front grill, my fingernail! The plastic covers at the threshold pop off. My veh is 1 year old and I am freaking out. The clear coat is my biggest heartache with the car and the price. I will never again buy a manufactures so called "bread and butter" auto. I had a jeep and a grand am that after 6 years never showed the first sign of clear coat peeling.

Nissan Altima 2014 SL
By jmaske@hotmail.com

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for about a year, so far I've been fairly happy. The transmission can be a bit sluggish at a dead stop, other than that, it performs well and I average 30mpg when driving for fun. I can hit 40+ mpg on the highway if driving conservatively. When on the highway, there's plenty of power to maneuver as needed.

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
By m_z

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the new car which was the showroom model with <90 miles. It performs relatively well. Driver's seat are comfortable (has tile seat function which is lacking in other car makers' models) and family said the other seats were comfortable as well. The CVT is LOUD upon start up and during acceleration but calms down at cruising speed. It does take time to accelerate. Nice leather with some hard plastic and soft-touch plastic in cabin.

- leather was included as standard but not sunroof but was added as an option, which doesn't make sense! - roomy interior - comfortable seats - Decent family sedan but don't expect Performance -> look elsewhere!

- cloth should be offered with heated seats - 5" radio screen is OUTDATED as it's NOT Touchscreen and right side has ~2" of unused space which cuts off artist name/titles/year - "Fun to drive!" is NO LONGER Nissan's motto which it's been for years, NOT fun to drive so don't expect to go That fast! --> Car is made (per Nissan's media releases) for Fuel economy and roominess, hence it's a Family sedan! - Center driver's screen display is Outdate -> no odometer! - CVT is LOUD upon startup & acceleration - LOUD ROAD/TIRE noise!!! - Continental Tires are terrible (Nissan must have a long term contract with Continental)! - Pricey for what is and is NOT included!