2014 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Love My Nissan Altima
By blknissan on 06/19/14 08:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima SV and I love it! I had a 2011 Altima that was a great car so I went back to Nissan and I love the changes they have made. The vehicle rides great and has "0" gravity drivers seat which makes a long trip alot more easy on my back. The Michelin tires that came on the vehicle create a smooth ride yet the suspension lets you also feel like you are still driving. The car looks very sporty and yet still has great interior space. Numerous people have commented on how great the car looks. The gas mileage is the best feature of all. I average 39 miles to gallon on the highway!! Nissan has built a great car that is fun to drive and yet provides the best gas mileage!

$25K car with non-deploying airbags
By hoopee on 06/04/14 15:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A car recently started crossing into my lane. I swerved to avoid an accident and the pavement had erroded and my car went in the ditch. After going in the ditch, it launched me in the air, doing $20,000 on my 2month old Altima. My car was totaled. Nissan and their Air Safety Bag rep was all over me, then would no longer take my calls, nor would the dealer that I my car. Over 1.1 million Nissans have been recalled. I bought mine on March 15, Car reccalled on March 25. No one ever told from dealer to manufacturer. Don't trust your safety to Nissan or a nice looking car. I was almost killed.

Went from Sonata to Altima
By topcontender on 05/19/14 06:57 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Admittedly, I'm kind of a "car nut". I traded my 2011 Sonata Limited after 4 years, it's a good car with lots of features but the ride was a little hard on bumpy roads. So I bought the 2014 Altima SL (4 cyc). Very Nice looking car with a well thought out interior, spacious and super comfortable. The ride is smooth and quiet and takes bumpy surfaces really well (as well as my wife's Lexus 350). The car handles well and does get impressive gas milage. The 4 cyc is peppy and provides all the power a driver really needs. This is a beautiful car.

Had high hopes
By hoffenhausen on 05/11/14 17:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to like this car. The electrical system has been very shoddy. The key fob malfunctions frequently and the remote doesn't work if it is below freezing. The car squeaks when going over bumps and the dash vibrates at 45 mph. The seats in the car have worn very poorly and look like they have been in the car for over 100k miles. Great looking car, very poor quality. I would buy another Nissan but would steer clear of the Altima

It's what I was hoping for
By oesterlin on 05/06/14 13:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had a problem. I have a commute of 25 miles each way, none of which is on superhighway. My car was getting old, and I needed to replace it. My biggest requirement is that since I'm 6'8" I need to have a car with generous room for the driver. I went to the auto show, and most of the small cars were just too tight. Even in the mid-size class, only the Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion, and Nissan Altima seemed to be roomy enough. After test drives, I settled on the Altima bcause it seemed most comfortable to me. Now, after having it for a few months, I have some overall good impressions regarding what I had heard about the car.

altima
By jbbblock on 05/01/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

During test rides I noticed the leather seats were far more comfortable than the cloth seats. The cloth is very sticky. I bought the Altima S with the sport value package because with the leather seats the cost was too high for me. NASA should stick to rocket ships not car seats. I have not found a Physical therapist that recommends a curved back while driving. Headrest is slanted far too forward! Combine that with little lumbar support my back will ache after 1 hour of driving. Make sure your ok with the headrest angle/seats. Also the heater wont heat the car when its under ten below 0F outside. Otherwise the car is awesome! So fun and easy to drive!

Phenomenal Value!!!
By jair151 on 04/20/14 09:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Don't get me wrong, I love my German engineering (Porsche, audi, VW) but Nissan has always been my favorite brand. The two main reasons is you get great technology and performance for the price. I drive 45 mi. each way for work, I just sold my 2002 VW jetta TDI which was on its last leg and bought a new 2014 Altima. I LOVE THIS CAR! I literally put the cruise control on for the whole commute and I never hear or feel the engine struggle, I also consistently get 520 miles per tank, the ride is so smooth and with 8K miles on it now I have not had one issues. The only think I plan on doing to this car is adding anti-sway bars and lowering springs to fix the family car roll feel.

Impressive car!
By longranger on 03/27/14 18:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After my Passat with 200k miles stranded me last week, I decided to bite the bullet and replace it. Looked at the new Avalon but I didn't like the touch controls for the heating/AC. Bought a 2014 Altima 2.5 SL instead. Very impressive car. I really like the interior and it drives like a dream. No issues with engine noise as others are suggesting. The 4 cylinder / CVT combination feels just as lively as the Passat's V6 with Tiptronic. I just hope it lasts as long!

Best Bang For Your Bucks!
By vikingsfan3 on 03/16/14 06:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my 2014 Nissan Ultima for 2 weeks now and my wife and I are (extremely pleased), I have had my eye on this car for about a year. I wanted to purchase a vehicle that would give me the most overall value, quality, for my money and a vehicle under $25,000 with all the features I like. And that was the 2014 Ultima. We test drove the base model and that was nice. But I wasn't going to leave the lot without having a spoiler and remote start. After a little haggling and negotiating about those two features, the salesman found one with the Sports Value package. Spoiler, Remote Start, and 16" Alloy Wheels. We walked away with that added package for the price of the base model.

Perfect Family Sedan/Comuter
By nissanowner7 on 03/11/14 11:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased the 2014 Altima 2.5 SV. After test driving the 4 cylinder models of the Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, and Hyundai Sonata, I felt very please with what the new Altima delivered. I am averaging about 31 MGP - Highway and City combined! The materials inside have a nice look, comparable and maybe even nicer than both the Accord and Camry models. I paid 20,500 for my car after a 5K discount from the dealer. The ride is very quite, smooth, and comfortable. I really don't find the CVT transmission noisy as some people say it is, but the shifting makes the ride even more comfortable. Now even the 2014 Accord offers the CVT transmission because it provides a better ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$154 per month*