Used 2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I'll buy another.
By Armando V

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought a 2014 Altima SV I think the car is beautiful quiet with a load of technical upgrades and options available and I'm very happy with it.

2014 Altima S
By Import Jockey

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 2nd Nissan. Our 1st was a CPO Maxima several years ago when CPO program had just started being offered. We traded our 2009 Accord EX sedan for the 2014 Altima S. I never buy a car in its 1st year of a body style change as it takes a year to get any bugs out, and I prefer to let someone else eat the 1st year or 2 of depreciation. Our new to us, CPO Altima S with 12K mi is a great sedan. I would have preferred the SV with the convenience pkg & mnrf. This is the most comfortable car we have ever owned and the fuel economy is incredible. We just returned from a 1200 mi round trip & we averaged 39 MPG Hwy, that is better than our daughters 2014 Honda Civic EXL sedan, and the Altima is twice as big. My only disappointment is the paint quality(thickness), we too have found rust around chrome strip on trunk just above licence plate. I noticed other reviewer's with same issue. I'm taking in to dealer to have addressed. We did purchase an extended warranty that cover's everything for 6-yrs or 100Kmi in addition to the CPO warranty. We trade sedans every 5yrs or 60Kmi. We put about 7kmi/yr on our sedans. We also have a 2013 CRV w/ AWD that has close to 25Kmi that we bought last year. If Nissan will improve its paint quality, we will be adding a Rogue in a couple years. We need to get back on track buying our vehicles after they receive their MCR(Mid Cycle Refresh). Its truly the best time to buy ! However, the auto industry is changing back to making changes to vehicles every year rather than keeping them appearing the same from the outside until the MCR. The Nissan Altima is by far the best overall mid-size sedan available when factoring in all attributes !

''ultimate altima''
By Mario

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

don't believe ;consumer's reports bad ratings on this car,as they are bias on nissans, i've been driving for 50 years and had over 16 cars and by far this is the best car that i've ever driven..thanks,nissan

great car bad paint
By mike b

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love this car. have bought 4 new Nissans over the years. Thought I finally found the maker to make me happy. Have had great luck but hear it comes don't know if it happens down south but I have 20,000 miles on it and its rusting around the crome strip on trunk. Coworker has the same problem on his 13 with 40,000 on it dealer said to bad that it would only be covered if under 36,000 miles. I will get it fixed under warranty when I take it in but it will come but in a year. Dealer knows about all of it for its happening to all of them. Nissan needs to step up but we know it will not happen. oh well I'll try a Toy or Acura next time. Not a good way to retain new car buyers.

Great car!!
By Ernest Neeley

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car; this is my second Altima and it is way better than the first, which I drove for 210K miles before giving it to my nephew as his first car.
I have owned two Accords before these two Altimas, and they were so overrated and the Altima is way better with reliability. No issues at all!