Wish I could have a "do over"
By ginger29 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
We bought our 2013 Altima S in Dec. 2012. Big mistake. It has been back to the dealership 3 times. Trips to correct passenger side airbag and seatbelt warning light malfunctions. This Altima is one that has the high whine from the power steering pump. The dealership said it is "normal". If this is "normal" why are only some affected? They refused to even attempt a resolution. I opened a case with Nissan customer service; they refused to do anything. The whine is so irritating! Nissan is aware, but does nothing. The transmission is extremely noisy; unfortunately that is a trade off for better gas mileage. If you like a noisy car and want a constant annoying whine, buy the car.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the power steering whine problem so driving the Nissan Altima will be enjoyable.
By tony_wv
on 02/16/13 11:00 AM (PST)

WOW !!! I am glad I read all the cust. reviews and the find out the problems with this newly redesigned Altima. The previous years' model seemed more reliable. Always there are bugs with newer designs. I'm glad to check reviews first !! You just talked to me out of test driving this car ( was planning this for today ) Edmunds.com are giving an extra coupon for $750 if you buy or lease one, in addition to other nissan offers. I don't think even of getting involved with a problem car.. If Nissn don't stand behind the custmers' complaints they sure to lose much more business.