2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Which problem would you like t

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Which problem would you like to hear first?
By jesteruno on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2013 Altima Lemon. When the right blinker returns to the neutral position the left blinker turns on for about 5 flashes, confusing the car behind you. Leaves got into the AC evaporator box causing a foul odor and Nissan says this is a maintenance issue, and I should avoid parking under trees. Now let’s talk about the passenger air bag light. Apparently it’s on a sensor and depending on what the sensor reads determines whether you get to have an airbag or not. According to the Nissan Specialist, “it’s a supplemental system”. so IT determines whether you smash you face against the glass. All of these issues are "normal operation" according to them. I should have bought a Honda.

Nissan's customer service department might be a good place to start.
By krluvnis
on 05/11/13 13:14 PM (PDT)

If it really a Lemmon cant you just give it back ? I was just wondering because I was looking information on Lemmons for a report came accross this.

By jesteruno
on 06/01/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

I have been working with Nissan's Consumer affairs for the last few months. It was a waste of time. They say they are not able to duplicate any of the issues even though I have video of them and I can show them standing right in front of me. I have a lawyer now so Ill let them deal with it.

By dynarider
on 06/11/13 09:06 AM (PDT)

@ kruvnis Lemon Law is a pain to try to get them to buy it back, I know here in Virginia That if your car has been repaired 3 times or more for the same problem and it is still occuring then it can be considered a lemon, same as if it is in the shop for more than 30 days for repeirs, and if it is a big safety issue and has been repaired once and still occurs than it too qualifies. You must send a certified letter to Nissan North America stating that you want them to purchase this car back because of the law and wait for their response. if they say they will not you have to get a lawyer, or you can fiind a mediator. I know nissan is going to make it very difficult as I can see there are many cars with these problems, and @ jesteruno I too have a video of me sitting in the seat while the car is being driven and my airbag is turned off, And i weigh 180lbs. I will never trust Nissan again!

By bradhenson
on 01/24/14 21:23 PM (PST)

I'm tired of dealing with the dealer. The tranny should not sound like a bicycle wheel with a playing card in the spokes, I don't care what they say. This thing has 1500 miles and pisses me off daily. I'll take back and give them 1 more chance, then I'm getting an attorney... a company should be held responsible for knowingly selling junk. Worst car I've ever owned by far. After only 1500miles!